can't get over my ex for the life of me

cookiemonster26

cookiemonster26

Recently I have been seeing tons of pictures of my ex pop up on facebook. Long story short, we broke up 4 years ago because he started calling me fat and one time called me a fat worthless bitch and I never felt the same after that. Why after all this time do I still feel so much regret for breaking up with him? Sometimes I feel like if in stayed with him we would be engaged by now and I would be happy instead of dating all the losers I have dated. Any tips on how to get over him??

Well I think technically this should be in the coping forum, but...

Attachment is separate from love, it's a habit more than an emotion... you need to get a life (to put it bluntly) where you pursue your interests, improve yourself in every way - work on your health and physique (if you are not slim) which will improve your mood, learn something new, go travelling, etc. If you actually work on yourself, you'll meet other people who value you because you value yourself highly, and then youll forget all about your ex.

PegNosePete
Recently I have been seeing tons of pictures of my ex pop up on facebook.

Any tips on how to get over him??

This may seem pretty obvious but: block him.

• Like 2
  • Author
cookiemonster26
This may seem pretty obvious but: block him.

I did block him, it was tagged photos of mutual friends

lovexocoach

Any man who calls you what your ex did shouldn't be worth a second thought.

So why are you still thinking about him?

After 4 years it sounds like you're holding onto the fantasy that the relationship with your ex was a good one. If the relationship with your ex was so good you'd still be together. He did you a favor by breaking up.

Go out and look for a GOOD man who appreciates you and loves you for who you are (and who thinks you're a Goddess instead of calling you demeaning and hurtful names that make you feel bad about yourself).

• Like 1

REGRET - now that is a funny word to use. Regret, of course, meaning that you wish things had turned out differently.

I suspect that if you weren't dating loser guys, but were dating superheroes, you'd be over old BF. You're lamenting about your situation, not about him. The thing you're overlooking is that you are pining away for a relationship with a guy that doesn't exist. You wouldn't be happy with him, you'd be his worthless, fat bitch of a girlfriend. Neither of you would be happy. Your "what-if" fantasy is not grounded in reality.

Were you/are you fat? You must have been... you wouldn't have felt bad if you were a skinny-mini. Let's face it, our looks are pretty much our calling card when we meet people to date. Fat chicks can bang great looking guys, but can rarely keep them. Sometimes, they feel like they have to settle, which to hear you tell it, that's what you're doing. So if you are, by separating the meaning from the delivery of what the old BF told you, you might see a way forward to both improving your self esteem and your dating situation. In other words, lose some weight. Show his ass, and show yourself that fat and worthless isn't who you are.

Up your game, that's the best revenge you'll ever get against an ex.

• Author
cookiemonster26
Well I think technically this should be in the coping forum, but...

Attachment is separate from love, it's a habit more than an emotion... you need to get a life (to put it bluntly) where you pursue your interests, improve yourself in every way - work on your health and physique (if you are not slim) which will improve your mood, learn something new, go travelling, etc. If you actually work on yourself, you'll meet other people who value you because you value yourself highly, and then youll forget all about your ex.

Oh thanks for letting me know about the cooing forum is there anyway to delete this post