Men, is 27 already too old to date?

orangetree

orangetree

I know the title sounds a bit ridiculous, but let me explain. I'm a girl, 27, and single again since recently. I still want a family and kids, but sometimes I'm worried I'm too old, since many of my friends are already married or at least in relationships. A few days ago, I talked to a male friend of mine, he's 29. He told me that he prefers dating girls between 21 and 26 because 'they're just younger' and 'won't look old anytime soon', and you don't have to be worried that they hear their biological clock ticking and want to get married soon. I thought 'Wow'- Do all guys really think like this? I don't feel old with 27, but I am looking for marriage. I mean not now, but in a few years at least. My preference would be to date a guy over 30 anyway (although if I met a nice guy who's the same age or so as me, also fine), are most men really looking for women much younger than them? If you're a man, how old are you and what's your age preference?

Thanks!

• Like 1

HA nope you fine do not give up. I am 31 and it is hard to find woman my age that are single or do not have kids.

• Like 1
I know the title sounds a bit ridiculous, but let me explain. I'm a girl, 27, and single again since recently. I still want a family and kids, but sometimes I'm worried I'm too old, since many of my friends are already married or at least in relationships. A few days ago, I talked to a male friend of mine, he's 29. He told me that he prefers dating girls between 21 and 26 because 'they're just younger' and 'won't look old anytime soon', and you don't have to be worried that they hear their biological clock ticking and want to get married soon. I thought 'Wow'- Do all guys really think like this? I don't feel old with 27, but I am looking for marriage. I mean not now, but in a few years at least. My preference would be to date a guy over 30 anyway (although if I met a nice guy who's the same age or so as me, also fine), are most men really looking for women much younger than them? If you're a man, how old are you and what's your age preference?

Thanks!

It's funny... I'm 28 now. And, I've tried dating women around my age... they all seem flaky. I'm looking at dating older women now in their early 30's...

So I guess were stuck in opposite ends here.

I bloody hope not! :) Im past 30 and would like to have children and get married. So i guess im one of those girls who can hear her biological clock ticking- as your male friend put it. I dont know how old your male friend is, but i imagine it is fine for a 20something guy to date girls 21-26, however there are plenty of single guys in their 30s whose target age group is older than early 20s.

I have moments when i feel like giving up on dating. But i try to stay hopeful that there are guys who also want to settle down within a few years.

So please dont give up !

ColdandLonelyinAK

I sure hope not, but I can relate! I'm 28 and recently broken up, and I've been wondering if I'll ever be able to find a good guy my age or older. Both of my relationships have been with slightly younger guys and it didn't work, so now I want someone at least my age.

The good thing though, is that no one can ever tell my age just by looking at me (they all think I'm 22/23), so I guess I have an advantage there. :laugh:

Don't get too worried over the opinion of one guy. Sure, as we get older it may get a little more difficult, but just by a tiny margin. There are millions of men out there looking for someone. Just gotta find the right one for you. :)

Of course it's not to old. Your friend is just not ready for a serious relationship right now.

I know loads of people who married post 30. It's a matter of finding someone who's got the same thinking as you.

• Like 2

For me personally I refuse to go below 25 these days. I'm 29 - 26-32 for me.

Girls in their early 20's are in a right old mess. Maybe I just need to get with the times but it seems like they have no social skills what so ever, drawn on eyebrows and an expectation they can have anything and any man they want without making any effort at all.

Yes you are too old. 27 is ancient. Poor Sarah Hyland just has 2 years to go before she gives up on finding love ;)

27 is a great age. You are mature enough to know yourself pretty well but young enough to still have almost your whole life ahead of you.

Sure, some guys might avoid girls in their late 20s because they are looking for less serious relationships, but these are the guys you don't want anyway if you are looking to settle down.

Oh to be 27 again.....

• Like 1

I've had better luck with younger women, but I look young for my age as it is (26). I would date 22-28 probably... Dated some 30s and it just doesn't work, I look too young for them to the point that it'd be weird.

You're way young at 27. I'm 29, about to be 30 and I feel good as gold to start the next decade fresh and with the hope of finding my match. However, a few months ago I was feeling down in the dumps, since I'm also hurting over a breakup type 'situation' and I felt so old and undesirable. However, I'm starting to get some pep in my step and feeling better in my skin.

Women are having kids in their 40s, so nothing to worry about there.

I don't know about you, but I've always been not one to go with the crowd and started later than most of my friends in the relationship department. While most of my friends in high school were in relationships and involved with guys, I didn't enter my first long term relationship until college, and since then I've pretty much done short term dating. Therefore, it kind of make sense that while tons of people in my age range that I know are married, I haven't yet reached that stage.

We are all on a different time table. There are plenty of people out there in the same boat as us.

27 and no kids? You're a freakin diamond.

Would you date a guy who's 37 (5 years divorced no kids), had some rough times in the past but his life is in order now? Personally, I'd call it life experience and character building.

Thanks!

This may come as a surprise but not all men are the same. Men don't have one brain shared among them all.

Different men like and want and prioritize different things. You need to worry about finding men whose values and ideas about women, marriage etc fit yours. There will always be men who say appalling things or where you're not a match for them...no skin off your nose, focus on those who are on the same page.

27 is not too old...:rolleyes: People marry and date and do whatever they want whenever they want. I wouldn't waste time worrying about this guy's opinions.

Most of the women I know don't have kids as yet and aren't married as yet, some are, but most of them aren't. I also know women older than I am who have a husband and kids and didn't marry or have them until in their 30s. It's never too late. But it's absurd to believe that all women over 27 have no man or husband unless they got them between 21 or 26...come on...look around, you can see for yourself that's patently untrue.

• Like 1
cookiemonster26
This may come as a surprise but not all men are the same. Men don't have one brain shared among them all.

Different men like and want and prioritize different things. You need to worry about finding men whose values and ideas about women, marriage etc fit yours. There will always be men who say appalling things or where you're not a match for them...no skin off your nose, focus on those who are on the same page.

27 is not too old...:rolleyes: People marry and date and do whatever they want whenever they want. I wouldn't waste time worrying about this guy's opinions.

Most of the women I know don't have kids as yet and aren't married as yet, some are, but most of them aren't. I also know women older than I am who have a husband and kids and didn't marry or have them until in their 30s. It's never too late. But it's absurd to believe that all women over 27 have no man or husband unless they got them between 21 or 26...come on...look around, you can see for yourself that's patently untrue.

Very true! I'm pretty sure a lot of people find someone after 27. Also, not all women want kids either. So ya. Personally, I would rather be alone then date someone with that type of thinking no offense. I mean to each their own, but what about all the people who marry twice ? They are usually in their 30s and 40s

• Like 1

Thanks!

I'm in my late 20s and I prefer the company of women who are 18-25, as they don't have much bagagge if any at all, and at that age they aren't looking for commitment, which is rather nice. Women my age and older aren't really interested in me. They lean more on evaluating me as a future husband, or at the very least as a co-habitation partner. I know that there are women out there who are interested in casual only, women my age, but I can attract younger women without working for it so I prefer that.

of all my friends, most of them are my age or older and they're either unhappy in their marriages or they're looking to stay single. But there are still plenty of guys looking for marriage and children, I guess. You don't have nothing to worry about.

I was 39 when I met my husband.

Lots of people don't start dating their spouse until their 30s.

• Like 2

I always thought that women are perfect at age 27. By then, they still have youthful looks tempered by a little age (i.e., they're not teenagers) and life has beaten them up just enough that they've discarded all the silly ideas that those girls from 21 -26 seem to have. They know who they are. I'm sure you know who you are now.

Your buddy wants young women to bang. He's not going to find what you're looking for. You guys are playing a different game, so don't worry about it one bit.

He's an idiot. Smart girls don't stop their lives to have kids that young because the likelihood of being ready emotionally and financially is practically nil.

regine_phalange

I'm also 27 and it's not too old! We'll never be too old, since freezing our eggs is now an option.

Sometimes I do think I'll never find true love and have a family *sad violin*, but then I think that I'm still young and that the family right now wouldn't be a good idea *heavy metal*.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Interesting of you to say that

At 26, of all the things I've ever told was "wrong" about me in the dating world, I can firmly say that my age was never one of those things.

You are not too old.

• Like 1
OrangeParty
I know the title sounds a bit ridiculous, but let me explain. I'm a girl, 27, and single again since recently. I still want a family and kids, but sometimes I'm worried I'm too old, since many of my friends are already married or at least in relationships. A few days ago, I talked to a male friend of mine, he's 29. He told me that he prefers dating girls between 21 and 26 because 'they're just younger' and 'won't look old anytime soon', and you don't have to be worried that they hear their biological clock ticking and want to get married soon. I thought 'Wow'- Do all guys really think like this?

Thanks!

Not me. I'm 27 and I would like to settle down with a woman older than I am, so 26ish till 36ish. Ideally she doesn't want kids, is career minded and at least somewhat successful. And single.

Basically I'm looking for a unicorn.:lmao:

Not me. I'm 27 and I would like to settle down with a woman older than I am, so 26ish till 36ish. Ideally she doesn't want kids, is career minded and at least somewhat successful. And single.

Basically I'm looking for a unicorn.:lmao:

Here I am baby!!!:love:

The rarest of my breed :D

You give me hope....But, you're probably a nicer lady than I am and not as complicated...I am a "bit" of a challenge for the type of RL I am seeking.

I wouldn't mind marrying, but not sure if a guy can handle me not wanting any kids.

I don't know, sometimes I think I'd do an Angelina Jolie and if we hit it off, we'd adopt, but that would be like 3 years into the marriage and I be 40ish by then. :(