Think she likes me but she doesnt initiate contact

Kermit007

Ok here's my story...

About 2 weeks ago I met this girl through a friend of mine. The next I added her on facebook and we talked a little. She admitted she thinks I'm cute and gave me her number.

A couple of days later I texted her to ask if she wanted to go out. She agreed and yesterday we went out to get some drinks. We were together for more then 4 hours and talked all the time. Everytime she was the one who wanted a new drink, so she must have had a good time and didnt want the date to end. There was some flirting going on as well, but she still kept some distance. She told me she's been single for 3 years now, would like to have a relationship but isnt unhappy because she doesnt have one.

In the end I kissed her goodnight on the cheek. She told me that, if the next day she opens her eyes and thinks about me, thats a good sign. The next day however late in the afternoon I still hadnt heared about her. So I texted her saying "Guess you didnt think about me ?" She immediately replied "Yes I sure did, I had a great time, a really would like to hang out again" We texted a little bit back and forth...

So my question is, I more or less have the idea she likes me, but I'm almost always the one initiating contact. So far, she tells me she would like to hang out again, but she doesnt propose something, I dont really know what to make of it...

Some advice ?

So I texted her saying "Guess you didnt think about me ?" She immediately replied "Yes I sure did, I had a great time, a really would like to hang out again" We texted a little bit back and forth...

Some advice ?

Boom this one message killed it. You just showed insecurity and she had to reassure you. Without doubt the one thing which can kill passion early on is this.

You need to stop over-thinking she is not going to initiate if you do it for her. You need to continue living your life and let her come to you. Sadly you are already in the palm of her hand.

Also the kiss on the cheek? No. In my opinion you go for the lips or nothing at all. I don't care for this whole take it slow crap you show what you want straight away and save yourself a lot of time.

Without more info about this girl at the moment she could want anything from you but I would say you are walking into her friend zone all on your own.

Play the dating game. Be the man and lead her.

Edited by Dallers

I agree with the reply up there^

About the not coming off as insecure.

However of course she's not going to text you first.

We're women. You chase us. You make the plans with us. Etc.

if I was in her shoes I wouldn't of text you first or made plans with you. I would wait to see if you text me again. I'm talking to a guy now for a little over a month and I still usually wait for him to text me. I just feel like that's what you do. Ever so often I'll text him maybe 1 for ever 5 times he txt me.

I agree with the reply up there^

About the not coming off as insecure.

However of course she's not going to text you first.

We're women. You chase us. You make the plans with us. Etc.

if I was in her shoes I wouldn't of text you first or made plans with you. I would wait to see if you text me again. I'm talking to a guy now for a little over a month and I still usually wait for him to text me. I just feel like that's what you do. Ever so often I'll text him maybe 1 for ever 5 times he txt me.

Yeah but as a guy that would show me that you're not very interested. So, I'd want to back off even more.

This is why I find dating is so lame. People cannot just be honest and upfront. It's not hard to say you want to meet the person again. Or, that you didn't feel any connection.

Yes OP, the insecurity you showed in the text message probably ruined it.

Some women like to be chased, others like to do the chasing. If I was this woman and I still was interested in you I would have contacted you to set up another date.

Maybe she's more old school and wants to be chased. Ask her out again. If she says no then at least you have your answer.

• Author
Yes OP, the insecurity you showed in the text message probably ruined it.

Some women like to be chased, others like to do the chasing. If I was this woman and I still was interested in you I would have contacted you to set up another date.

Maybe she's more old school and wants to be chased. Ask her out again. If she says no then at least you have your answer.

Asked her out again, she immediately replied and accepted!

• Author

And.....She just texted to cancel on our date.... She said she had a great time the first time we went out, but she just isn't ready. She told me it had nothing to do with me and she's sorry for cancelling. She can't say anything negative about me, but she needs to work on herself before you can start properly date guys. She can't do it now, with nobody."

Too bad, cause I really liked the girl :s

Ok here's my story...

About 2 weeks ago I met this girl through a friend of mine. The next I added her on facebook and we talked a little. She admitted she thinks I'm cute and gave me her number.

A couple of days later I texted her to ask if she wanted to go out. She agreed and yesterday we went out to get some drinks. We were together for more then 4 hours and talked all the time. Everytime she was the one who wanted a new drink, so she must have had a good time and didnt want the date to end. There was some flirting going on as well, but she still kept some distance. She told me she's been single for 3 years now, would like to have a relationship but isnt unhappy because she doesnt have one.

In the end I kissed her goodnight on the cheek. She told me that, if the next day she opens her eyes and thinks about me, thats a good sign. The next day however late in the afternoon I still hadnt heared about her. So I texted her saying "Guess you didnt think about me ?" She immediately replied "Yes I sure did, I had a great time, a really would like to hang out again" We texted a little bit back and forth...

So my question is, I more or less have the idea she likes me, but I'm almost always the one initiating contact. So far, she tells me she would like to hang out again, but she doesnt propose something, I dont really know what to make of it...

Some advice ?

In the early stages of a new dating scenario, the man should do most if not all of the initiating. After the 3 or 4 date, then the woman should start doing more. It's about balance after that. You initiate contact, she reciprocates. If you text her and she doesn't respond in kind, you can start to assume she's not that interested. You've only been on one date in a couple of weeks. Set up another one with specific day and time and place. If she's not available, she should offer an alternate. One date a week for a little while.

• Author
In the early stages of a new dating scenario, the man should do most if not all of the initiating. After the 3 or 4 date, then the woman should start doing more. It's about balance after that. You initiate contact, she reciprocates. If you text her and she doesn't respond in kind, you can start to assume she's not that interested. You've only been on one date in a couple of weeks. Set up another one with specific day and time and place. If she's not available, she should offer an alternate. One date a week for a little while.

Look up...she cancelled on me. :-(