The people that meet their bf/gf through friends, were they asking to meet someone?

I always wondered how friends just happen to introduce them to someone and all of a sudden they start dating and are happy in relationships. Were they asking friends for them to find them someone? Because with the friends that I have-they know that I'm single-yet they don't introduce me to anyone.

I always wondered how friends just happen to introduce them to someone and all of a sudden they start dating and are happy in relationships. Were they asking friends for them to find them someone? Because with the friends that I have-they know that I'm single-yet they don't introduce me to anyone.

That depends, some friends will not because they might not want to refer you to a friend. Maybe, they think you are taken or seeing someone.

Maybe they don't want to pressure you and all.

I was like you at one point. Then, I started asking my friends straight up. It did help, because then if they do meet someone who is single and looking. They will immediately remember you.

LadyDeadpool

Do you WANT them to introduce you to someone? If so tell them that. They're your friends not total strangers so that shouldn't be too awkward, especially since they already know your single.

Also you need to evaluate if it's being single when others aren't is your problem, or if you genuinely think you are ready for a relationship. Don't just date for the sake of fitting in. Date because you are ready to commit.

No I met my boyfriend at an event that a friend was throwing so he was a mutual friend. Actually asking friends to hook me up with people has never really worked out.