Successful OLD date today

bluestealth

bluestealth

A few days ago I clicked with a girl online and we ended up talking on the phone for an hour and a half. Today I met with her and things went really well. We met for ice cream at around 3PM and the weather was so nice we sat outside and enjoyed it. After we finished I suggested we take a walk, so we did that for a while. The conversation flowed so well that it got close to dinner, so I suggested we grab something to eat and she agreed. After we ate and talked more we parted ways at around 7PM with her initiating a nice hug (before I could!). I sent her a text when I got home saying I had a wonderful time and that we should do something again. She happily agreed and I let her know I'd be thinking of the next plan.

It's so nice to finally have a great connection from OLD since I've been using it for over a year with this only being the second girl I've met. So far she seems like a keeper!

• Like 4
A few days ago I clicked with a girl online and we ended up talking on the phone for an hour and a half. Today I met with her and things went really well. We met for ice cream at around 3PM and the weather was so nice we sat outside and enjoyed it. After we finished I suggested we take a walk, so we did that for a while. The conversation flowed so well that it got close to dinner, so I suggested we grab something to eat and she agreed. After we ate and talked more we parted ways at around 7PM with her initiating a nice hug (before I could!). I sent her a text when I got home saying I had a wonderful time and that we should do something again. She happily agreed and I let her know I'd be thinking of the next plan.

It's so nice to finally have a great connection from OLD since I've been using it for over a year with this only being the second girl I've met. So far she seems like a keeper!

Yeah... sorry I hate to burst your bubble... it was ONE date.

Don't get to far ahead right now my friend. Otherwise, it's going to hurt if things go sour.

Think of it as a good sign, but this is just the very beginning.

Don't idolize her or over think anything at all.

Take it all in short steps.

Date 1 went well, the next date... go with the flow.

PS: You cannot KNOW if she is a keeper or not.. you met her ONCE. Say that in a few months maybe.

All you can say for now is that you at least have some small connection together. See if it can flow even more next time.

• Like 1
angel.eyes

I love great first dates too! I'm glad you felt a connection with her. Have you given any thought to the second date? I would use the early momentum to your advantage. Firm up a plan and ask her on another date promptly, while the excitement from your first date is still fresh in both your minds.

I hope it works out for you! :)

• Like 1

awesome!!

don't play it too loose and keep in touch with her. i had a great first OLD date and we made it official a couple weeks later. the great thing about OLD is that you can skip the games and both just be like "I want this".

it's a great feeling to click like that and have so much new to learn and experience with each other. enjoy it, if you have any dealbreakers suss them out before you get too infatuated.

good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author
bluestealth

Thanks! It was a great connection since we had only planned to meet for ice cream and it turned into a 4 hour date. She's so easy to talk with and there wasn't a moment of awkward silence. She loves animals so I'm thinking of asking her to the zoo on Sunday.

fitnessfan365

It's cool that you had a great first date!

But it does seem like you're rushing a bit. Like calling her a "keeper" after one date. Or having the first date Friday, and then already wanting a second date on Sunday. Patience is definitely a virtue with women. Especially in the beginning. Why not shoot her a quick text sometime this weekend, allow her to respond, and then follow up with a phone call a few days later to plan a date for later in the week? It's not like zoo is going anywhere..LOL

• Like 3

It's great you had a good first date, wonderful in fact, but remember, finding a woman isn't about finding one that looks good and then meeting her once and deciding to keep her. It's about getting to know someone. Trust me when I tell you that of all the women out there you think are hot, only a small percentage will be compatible with any one person. You need to stop thinking in terms of "keeper," because if she gets a whiff of that, she will know you're desperate and that it's based solely on her looks, because one date, all you're seeing is someone's most polite behavior. It takes about a year to start seeing the real person sometimes. Stop being in such a hurry. But good luck and no talk around her about it lasting forever or you'll scare her off. Just focus only on having fun and give yourself time to see her in different situations to see what she likes and how she handles it when everything isn't going her way.

• Like 3
  • Author
bluestealth

Good advice guys. Asking her out again Sunday feels a bit soon to me too but the weather is supposed to be nice and the forecast shows storms every day of the week. I may not be available Friday and we'll both be out of state next weekend. If I'm going to take her to the zoo it almost needs to be Sunday.

I'm attracted to her and she's cute but the emotional connection is even better. I haven't used the keeper or lasting forever talk around her. Remember I said so far she seems like a keeper not that she's definitely a keeper. Really I just meant that she's worth continuing to see.

Good advice guys. Asking her out again Sunday feels a bit soon to me too but the weather is supposed to be nice and the forecast shows storms every day of the week. I may not be available Friday and we'll both be out of state next weekend. If I'm going to take her to the zoo it almost needs to be Sunday.

I'm attracted to her and she's cute but the emotional connection is even better. I haven't used the keeper or lasting forever talk around her. Remember I said so far she seems like a keeper not that she's definitely a keeper. Really I just meant that she's worth continuing to see.

Ask her for sunday... I don't see anything wrong with that.

I usually ask the girl out for the following weekend. I try to keep it going... a date every 7 or so days unless were both busy.

You also don't want to wait too long, as in my experience it also kills off the sparks.

caringsister

Ask her out. I know for me I like when a guy I click with let's me know he enjoyed my company so much that he wants to see me again, soon. It keeps the flow of things going.

I say go for it!

fitnessfan365
Ask her for sunday... I don't see anything wrong with that.

I usually ask the girl out for the following weekend. I try to keep it going... a date every 7 or so days unless were both busy.

You also don't want to wait too long, as in my experience it also kills off the sparks.

He's not talking about next Sun. He means THIS Sun less than 48 hrs after the first date. To me that is rushing it. But in the end, if he wants to go for it, he should. I know a big factor is timing the weather for the zoo trip. But he could always do the zoo on the third date, etc.. I think sometimes people get so set on an idea and have to make it happen, that it can do more harm than good.

That's why it's always a good idea to have a few back up plans and come back to a date later on if it can't work when expected.

He's not talking about next Sun. He means THIS Sun less than 48 hrs after the first date. To me that is rushing it. But in the end, if he wants to go for it, he should. I know a big factor is timing the weather for the zoo trip. But he could always do the zoo on the third date, etc.. I think sometimes people get so set on an idea and have to make it happen, that it can do more harm than good.

That's why it's always a good idea to have a few back up plans and come back to a date later on if it can't work when expected.

Oh.... well in that case yes! it's WAY to fast.

I would never ask her out that fast or meet up with her so soon.

To me that's a bit overwhelming and too much. I need some time to digest everything too. So I hope he pushes it down further or arranged another day.

I'm not understanding why a second date 48 hours later is too soon? If you had a connection and a great first date, why should you wait a week? I don't agree with that at all. Hell, you might not even remember what she looks like after a week..

When I was online dating and had great first dates, I saw many of them the next night. I think you know when you have a good connection and like someone. I see nothing wrong with seeing them every few days starting out if everything is going well.

Personally, I'd be turned off if I had a first date, the girl lived close by and suggested doing it again a week later...

• Author
bluestealth

I asked her about Sunday (tomorrow) but she has plans to hang out with a friend who'll be going out of town. She said she was free Mon or Wed, so I chose Mon since the weather is supposed to be better that day. We're going to the zoo and eating dinner afterwards. I wanted something outdoors that involved walking to see if she'd like holding hands. I'm trying to figure out the best time to go for a kiss!

• Like 1

Good for you! Enjoy the feeling and forget about the cynics.

I haven't had a date like this in a year and a half, and would give anything for that first date "buzz".

I hope it works out, OP!

• Like 1
  • Author
bluestealth

I had a really great time today! The weather didn't cooperate so we went bowling instead of the zoo. We had time to kill after that so we went to a local park and walked a couple of miles. We had dinner and I took her back to her place. Standing on her porch, we hugged and I went for a kiss. It was fairly quick but she must have liked it since she gave me another one after that! It looks like we're going out again Wed since we'll both be busy for several days after that. I'm excited about this one!

• Like 2
Methodical
I had a really great time today! The weather didn't cooperate so we went bowling instead of the zoo. We had time to kill after that so we went to a local park and walked a couple of miles. We had dinner and I took her back to her place. Standing on her porch, we hugged and I went for a kiss. It was fairly quick but she must have liked it since she gave me another one after that! It looks like we're going out again Wed since we'll both be busy for several days after that. I'm excited about this one!

It's kind of refreshing to hear a "thus far" successful online dating experience. Not long ago there was a discussion about how most online profile information was fudged. Two things that stuck out for me were about a person's age and a profile picture that had been possibly taken at an earlier date in time or where a strategical pose had been employed to disguise a thin/receding hairline.

Obviously, there are people who are OLD for electronic kicks and never intend to actually meet a prospective companion but for those who are actively seeking a RL relationship, falsifying information wouldn't start things off on a positive note. So, OP, I'm glad to hear that you are happy thus far and things are moving in a positive direction.

• Like 1
  • Author
bluestealth
It's kind of refreshing to hear a "thus far" successful online dating experience. Not long ago there was a discussion about how most online profile information was fudged. Two things that stuck out for me were about a person's age and a profile picture that had been possibly taken at an earlier date in time or where a strategical pose had been employed to disguise a thin/receding hairline.

Obviously, there are people who are OLD for electronic kicks and never intend to actually meet a prospective companion but for those who are actively seeking a RL relationship, falsifying information wouldn't start things off on a positive note. So, OP, I'm glad to hear that you are happy thus far and things are moving in a positive direction.

Thank you! I was close to giving up on OLD as it seemed no one wanted to meet IRL. I'm actually surprised at how good this connection is considering it came from OLD. The attraction seems equally balanced between us so that's good. I'm looking forward to seeing how far this goes!

Just reel it back in a bit. I think you have the potential to overdo it with your "she might be a keeper" after 1 date! You are setting yourself up for failure via smothering her. I say cancel your "wednesday" date and reschedule for the weekend.

• Author
bluestealth
Just reel it back in a bit. I think you have the potential to overdo it with your "she might be a keeper" after 1 date! You are setting yourself up for failure via smothering her. I say cancel your "wednesday" date and reschedule for the weekend.

Normally I would've waited until Friday to make another date but we're both going out of town at the end of the week and won't be able to see each other again until June 5th. She seems good with Wed so I'd hate to cancel that.

Normally I would've waited until Friday to make another date but we're both going out of town at the end of the week and won't be able to see each other again until June 5th. She seems good with Wed so I'd hate to cancel that.

Well you have a "natural" pause coming up so go tomorrow and enjoy!

I am really pleased for you!

Thank you for giving me a bit of hope and sharing a positive story!!! Armour going back on this end!

• Like 1

Sounds like things are going well! Try not to overthink things and just enjoy. I met my fiancé on match and we are getting married in less than 3 weeks, so OLD can work. He said he knew on the second date that I was something different (of course he didn't tell me that), so I think you can know there is potential early on. I'm hopeful for you!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
bluestealth

I've shared and read enough negative stories here that I thought I better share a positive one when it came! I'll definitely be thinking of third date plans for tomorrow.

Congrats on getting married soon! I feel like there's something different here with real potential too, though I'm not real experienced at dating so it's hard to say for sure. I'm good at reading people and situations and the feeling here is very good though.

• Like 2
  • Author
bluestealth

Date three was a success today. We went to a local old-fashioned candy shop/museum, walked around a nearby park, and had dinner. We ended with more kissing than before so that was good! We texted some this evening with us both saying how much we enjoy spending time together and how happy we are that we found each other. She sent me a good night text which was nice. We talked about plans for the next date but since we're both going out of town it won't be until Friday of next week or so. I'll try and stay in touch with her a little each day though. I'm happy things are working out this good so far!

fitnessfan365

That's good news man! Also, I agree that the timing sucks with both of you out of town and having to wait over a week. Kind of puts a pause on the momentum.

The only advice I'd give is not to go overboard on the communication. It's early and she'll be out of town. If 3-4 days go by and you haven't heard anything, drop her a line. But try to let her do 60-70% of the initiating so you don't crowd her on her trip. Hopefully the next date you two have in the future goes well.