What makes a man creepy?

What behaviors make you look at a guy and classify him as a creep? What things should men know to avoid? Hopefully I won't see any of my own behaviors listed.:D

LOL ..... oh man did you and Hawaii plan that? That was hysterical...and too perfect!!

Maybe he saw it on SNL too? It's one of their better skits.

The only way to avoid being creepy is to either be attractive or not say anything to emor even look at em at all. And even that might not work. Lol

I wouldn't worry too much about this creepy thing. I don't walk on pins and needles around women. I'm just me, if don't like it, too bad. :)

• Like 4

Nope, just the culmination of what I've learned on LoveShack. But I do remember seeing that skit back in the day.

Obviously odd social behavior is creepy. Lack of filtering from brain to mouth can not only be awkward, but very creepy. establishing a bond where there is no bond is very creepy.

Ever see the courtroom text message evidence skit with Eli Manning?

That one had me laughing for days! :laugh::laugh:

Under The Radar

It's really a shame because many guys are completely harmless ...... just shy and/or socially awkward.

So, if said guy attempts to flirt/talk to a woman he is interested in, and she is not attracted to him, he's now relegated to Mr. Creepy Creepy McCreeperson :roll eyes:

Meanwhile, the attractive man can cross boundaries and do borderline unsavory ****, and he's deemed a greek god (enter Tom Brady from SNL) :laugh:

To me ...... calling a guy "creepy" who is simply shy, inexperienced, or socially awkward ...... is the same thing as calling a woman a cunt because she wouldn't go on a date with you ...... it's totally inappropriate.

Thankfully, to the best of my knowledge, I've never been called creepy. However, I have seen enough men labeled as such ...... who were good quality individuals ...... that it becomes offensive to witness ...... just in my observations as a casual bystander.

I have no problem when someone is legitimately creepy being called creepy. Nevertheless, the misuse and abuse of the word has become the norm now a days and it really is quite sad.

• Like 4
It's really a shame because many guys are completely harmless ...... just shy and/or socially awkward.

So, if said guy attempts to flirt/talk to a woman he is interested in, and she is not attracted to him, he's now relegated to Mr. Creepy Creepy McCreeperson :roll eyes:

Meanwhile, the attractive man can cross boundaries and do borderline unsavory ****, and he's deemed a greek god (enter Tom Brady from SNL) :laugh:

To me ...... calling a guy "creepy" who is simply shy, inexperienced, or socially awkward ...... is the same thing as calling a woman a cunt because she wouldn't go on a date with you ...... it's totally inappropriate.

Thankfully, to the best of my knowledge, I've never been called creepy. However, I have seen enough men labeled as such ...... who were good quality individuals ...... that it becomes offensive to witness ...... just in my observations as a casual bystander.

I have no problem when someone is legitimately creepy being called creepy. Nevertheless, the misuse and abuse of the word has become the norm now a days and it really is quite sad.

I've never been called creepy either, but like you said I've been there to hear other gals call dudes creepy. When you hear it (or at least when I hear it) it ain't you so you don't really take offense. Then you think about it and I'm willing to bet I've unknowingly been called creepy by by other women.

Under The Radar

Again, if a dude is genuinely creepy, he should be called out on his behavior. In fact, depending on the level of legitimate creepiness, I have no problem with shaming him for it.

However, calling someone creepy who clearly is not, doesn't make them creepy ...... it makes you creepy ...... and yes, that means some women are creepy too :laugh:

• Like 1
The only way to avoid being creepy is to either be attractive

I know a guy who most would consider attractive, but he completely creeps me out. I can barely stand to be in the same room as him now - which is becoming difficult as I work with him, and he is working in my area soon - to try to get closer to me I feel! He's deluded as well as as creepy.

• Like 1
loveweary11
I know a guy who most would consider attractive, but he completely creeps me out. I can barely stand to be in the same room as him now - which is becoming difficult as I work with him, and he is working in my area soon - to try to get closer to me I feel! He's deluded as well as as creepy.

But you don't find him attractive.

Creepy is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 2
ColdandLonelyinAK

I may not be in the majority here, but I've met some pretty creepy attractive men. They're just a little better at hiding it.

Then again, I live in Alaska where there's 4 men to every woman, so sometimes the men here get a little desperate. ;)

• Like 2

Yeah you dont find him attractive - if you did, I'm sure you would not say he was creepy.

From the OP -

"What behaviors make you look at a guy and classify him as a creep?"

Maybe if you say what it is makes him creepy it might help?

I love the way chaps advising just say a guy has to be ugly to be creepy.

Really guys you need to get a grip and change your attitude or you will never get out from behind that key board of yours.

As for what makes a man creepy... Well its a combination of body language and what he says. If an old man stands staring at a young women with drool coming out of his mouth then yeah thats creepy no matter what he looks like.

If you invade personal space, stare inappropriately, make weird comments that are a bit OTT, act as though you have something to hide then yes you are going to be called a creep.

If you stand up straight and glance (but not stare) thats ok. Its OK to say to a strange woman that she looks lovely today - its not OK to say that you want to bang her up the ass.

Its your demeanor that makes you creepy. Women can do it too.

• Like 9

Here we go again, the evil attractive man. Trust me, there are plenty of creepy attractive men.

Less attractive men just don't hide it as well. I've also found that less attractive guys are more aggressive in the beginning.

Many guys certainly are not just harmless. I've had guys sexually harass me ( I do mean real sexual harassment that involves inappropriate touching).

Let's see...I've had grown men hit on me because they thought I was a child.

I had one guy stalk me after learning my routine. Then he tried to talk to me for 30 min even though I was responding barely if at all.

I'd say creepy would be refusal to read social behavior. Creepy is also expecting a woman to put out because you looked at her a little bit or paid $15 for her dinner. If you want to pay for sex, just go pay for sex. Plenty of attractive guys are creepy, just check ls...

• Like 1

Wanna know what's creepy?

The other day I was working with this guy. After we finished, a bunch of us went to the pub. We ended up leaving the pub at the same time (not sure if coincidence or not at this point). As we're waiting for the train, he starts getting really close to me. Like I could almost feel his breathing down my neck. Every time I sense this, I move away.

The train comes, we get on it and sit together, as you do. And he puts his arm behind me, on the back of the seat. And I start feeling him edging closer. I start sitting up, instead of leaning on the back of the seat. Then he starts TOUCHING MY HAIR.

*THAT* is creepy. To continue to make advances when the whole demeanor of the other person says NO.

• Like 7

I hope you punched him in the temple. ;)

If you stand up straight and glance (but not stare) thats ok. Its OK to say to a strange woman that she looks lovely today - its not OK to say that you want to bang her up the ass.

That was hilarious. :laugh:

Wanna know what's creepy?

The other day I was working with this guy. After we finished, a bunch of us went to the pub. We ended up leaving the pub at the same time (not sure if coincidence or not at this point). As we're waiting for the train, he starts getting really close to me. Like I could almost feel his breathing down my neck. Every time I sense this, I move away.

The train comes, we get on it and sit together, as you do. And he puts his arm behind me, on the back of the seat. And I start feeling him edging closer. I start sitting up, instead of leaning on the back of the seat. Then he starts TOUCHING MY HAIR.

*THAT* is creepy. To continue to make advances when the whole demeanor of the other person says NO.

Yuuuuuuup!

In a way though.. looks DO play a part...I will own that.

Some men just "look" creepy... but it's subjective. Another girl might find him totally enthralling!

I recall years ago, this guy and I developed a flirtation on line. I had not seen his photo yet.

After he sent it to me, while he wasn't unattractive, he just looked really creepy TO ME.

In his case he reminded me of a douchebag I had known previously. In another case, I just found him to be an arrogant pri*k....and he could have looked like George Clooney and I would still find him (and his looks) creepy.

It's really subjective, at least for me.

Edited by katiegrl