Pt. 2: Is shy guy no longer interested?

1q3455402828193

1q3455402828193

To sum up my previous threads on this situation....i met a guy at work that seems to be VERY shy, but also shows signs that he likes me. (1) He tried to make an indirect suggestion that I go to Starbucks with him (but i didn't pick up on it in the moment because it was so subtle. So, i unintentionally declined the offer). (2) He is very sociable with everyone else BUT me. It's like he has no idea what to say when I'm around. (3) He acts weird...I can be talking to a friend and he will interrupt my conversation to speak with her, wont acknowledge me and then walk away. Also, I tried starting a conversation with him and while we were talking he continued walking away and even entered the elevator WHILE continuing our convo....I was sitting in the lobby, so he couldve waited until we were done before walking into the elevator lol. That was so weird to me. (4) He tries to show off....he showed off his new phone to me. When im around, he tries to be funny, yet never directly speaks to me. And one time, I was in the lobby and he went to the bathroom. He knew I was in the lobby because I was there for awhile. He came to the bathroom while he was on his phone. He went in and came out in less than 5 minutes. I always felt like he came out of his office just to see me. (5) When seeing each other in the hallway, he smiles and looks away. One time I caught him staring at my body. When he saw that I saw him, he hung his head low, shook his head and walked away. (6) In a meeting, he sat behind me (he never does that), and did not say a word to me, but spoke to everyone else around me.

Here is my NEW dilemma: He no longer works where I work and is now going back to school to obtain his PhD in a different state. I sent him a farewell card and he was very appreciative of it. I gave him my email address, along with the card. A week later, I found him on Facebook, and sent him a private message (I didnt send him a friend request), giving him my cell number and telling him that i like him. Couple days later, he deactivates his Facebook account (even our mutual friends cannot see his page). It's been about a week since he has deactivated his account and I still haven't heard from him. Is he no longer interested? Should I give him some time? HELP!

fitnessfan365

Well it's good to see a woman giving a shy guy a chance. I may be way more extroverted now. However, in my early 20's, I was exactly like this guy. Wish more women had been like you back then.

At this point, I think you've done all you can do unfortunately. I mean you straight up told the guy you like him and gave him your number. However here's an honest question. Why waste your time pursuing a guy that will be in another state going to school full time? I'd think the last thing you'd want would be a long distance relationship with a guy that would barely have any time.

• Like 1
  • Author
1q3455402828193

For some reason, I am very attracted to him and would like to see where it goes. I dont mind that he is away. Actually, I think this would be a perfect time to get to know each other and strengthen our communication. This allows us both to get comfortable with one another before hopping into a relationship. I dont want to rush anything with him. I'm 21 and he is 31/32.

stillafool

Well you left him all of your information including your phone number and he hasn't called. I think if he were interested he would have been more forth coming by now. I think you've made it clear you're interested in him.

• Like 1

This is your professor? I just think he's not interested and was probably never interested. Sometimes when we really like a guy we try to read signs of interest that simply aren't there. At this point you have clearly expressed your interest in him and he has not responded. It's not shyness, it's non interest. You are best off moving on.

• Author
1q3455402828193

Thanks for your input guys. I guess I'm just going to count this one a loss and move on. Im tired of thinking about it. Im the type that likes to over analyze actions...so this situation has been driving me crazy! But it is what it is. I have no choice but to move forward.