Sincerity?

lionheart153

lionheart153

Hey guys, its been some time since I've last been on here, and I'm currently dating again, and just curious to know what people here think. This forum was so helpful to me through my tough times, I thought what better place to go to then ask these great people here.

I recently met a girl that has sparked my interest, she's funny, cute, smart but also tough and strong. We have fun when we hang out, however we only hung out twice, once for coffee that ended up going for 6 hours. And we had dinner a few nights ago.

I haven't been interested in someone in a while and I think it is getting to my head. We usually text or snapchat each other throughout the day, but lately I am expecting to much I think. I am older, and I think maybe I don't like playing games any more, but I need to relax.

We were recently talking and the conversation got on about how I would protect her ( cuz the inside joke is shes very small, under 5 feet) and after some back and forth texting, i asked if she was unconvinced and if I seemed fake, and she replied no she didn't think I was fake, just unsure atm. and when I asked of what, she replied with "sincerity"

That's probably not a bad sign, just maybe need more time to get to know one another?

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry.

Trust has to be built in the early stages of a relationship.

She'll see your sincerity as you get to know each other.

• Like 1

She's starting to like you and things are going a little too great, so she is being a little skeptical. Don't play into it and avoid that conversation if possible. Just keep being positive and fun.

• Like 1

I think you can't build emotional rapport or have a meaningful discussion over text & snap chat. Save those for pithy one liners. Use voice & in person interactions for actual conversations.

• Like 2
  • Author
lionheart153

I agree, I think I may be just to anxious. I am also sceptical that I so in to her. It hasnt been that long since I met her. But I am an honest and blunt person as she is to, so I guess she saying that isn't a bad thing. I guess the fact that she has a lot of guy friends, and often is oblivious to when guys like her makes me wonder if I will get dumped into a friendzone, so i've been blunt about letting her know that i'm more interested then just being friends

Edited by lionheart153
La.Primavera

In my opinion if you think someone is being insincere that is the same as thinking they are fake.

Does she have trust issues from being hurt in the past? If so, then perhaps it takes her a while to let her guard down.

On the other hand, if she hasn't had that problem before then it is something about you that she is doubts which is more of a problem.

It could have something to do with the style and content of the text messages. Perhaps you could cut back on that form of communication and speak more over the phone, or even better, in person.

I think it is worth addressing the issue before you get too emotionally invested.

• Author
lionheart153
In my opinion if you think someone is being insincere that is the same as thinking they are fake.

Does she have trust issues from being hurt in the past? If so, then perhaps it takes her a while to let her guard down.

On the other hand, if she hasn't had that problem before then it is something about you that she is doubts which is more of a problem.

It could have something to do with the style and content of the text messages. Perhaps you could cut back on that form of communication and speak more over the phone, or even better, in person.

I think it is worth addressing the issue before you get too emotionally invested.

could be, last relationship hurt her the way it ended, and she got picked on a lot when she was younger. And I guess it happens alot where guys just want to get into her pants. So I would say yes? However this is only over a span of 2 weeks that we have been talking as well.

I think I might be coming on to strong because I'm being blunt about what I want. I'm 26 turning 27, and she is 22 turning 23. Her dating experience is quite small compared to mine, and her friends all are in the 20 year old range. And judging by the last relationship I guess I don't blame her to be sceptical. I feel I am just more mature to lay out what I hope to get from this, but maybe this is foreign to her

I basically told her I'm interested in her, and I'm not looking to just make a friend, or mess around.

But you raise a valid point, and I do believe I need to scale it back to avoid being to emotionally invested.