Girl I was dating for a few months went from very interested to not talking

niceguy1847

niceguy1847

So I was dating this girl, I kind of knew because she was from my town and who a half a year ago got out of a very long relationship. We hit it off very well, we had a lot in common which was great. Even her sister commented on how much we did, because we hang out with her and her friends. Everything was great for a month, We held hands, kissed, a lot both in private and public, she was the first to do all of these since she wanted to take it slow.

She told me a lot that she really liked me and once said she was falling for me. We got close enough to were we had sex, it kind of just happened after a great night out. She did tell me she wanted to take things slow because she just wasn't ready for a relationship yet. Which I told her I would respect that and go at her pace. I kind of thought it was a little to early for relationship talk anyways.

Well the last time I saw her we we out on a great date were we held hands though out and made out afterwards. She even said she likes me a lot and enjoys spending time with me. We usually text everyday, throughout the whole day, with her texting me good morning everyday.

A few days after that date, she text we that she still wants to take things slow, which was ok. Then she slowly started talking to me less over a week, but still texting first every morning. She canceled plans to hangout because she was sick (which was true), but said we do something later on in the week on a day she was free. Which didn't happen.

Then the next week she quit the good morning text, but would respond to mine and talk all day. Till finally she quit talking all together, which stupidly I thought I offended her so I sent a long text asking whats up and saying sorry for a bit. Which she replyed she needs to work on herself and figure herself out and she just not interested right now. So I figured it was over and sent a message saying I understand and I would leave her alone. Which I did.

Then she messaged me 11 day later, asking how I was. Which we talked texted for a a few hour till I messaged her till I kind of ended it with a close ended message were she would have to ask something. We then talk 3 days later went I heard something happen to her. which I said I hope your ok and doing well. Which she respond back the next day which we texted again for a hour. Also Her sister told me that she being stupid (she think we are great together) and she hanging out with the wrong people lately. So I don't know what to think. I am still going to leave her alone, and do my thing. If she wants me back she can do all the pursuing when she is ready. Which I hope happens, but not counting on it. I just think the whole thing is weird, I had girl stop talking to me before but nothing like this with the feelings we had and her still staying somewhat in touch (maybe it was because she felt bad about thing or maybe she still has feelings and sees as together in the future). I just want some peoples take on the situation?

• Author
niceguy1847

I was kind of thinking that as well. Until she messaged me a few times after no contact. It seems like no one knows what is going on with her. Her friends think we are still hanging out and ask me if we are meeting up when I go out. Her sister who she is very close with doesn't seem like she knows either. She asked about us when I saw her in town.

Guitarisgood

Being the rebound isn't a bad thing. My friends have married their rebounds. Rather what I see here is the 'over-texting'. Save it for when people are in a committed long term relationship and even then, use it sparingly for important things. Essentially you two became to familiar with each other too soon. Not committed she most likely met someone more new and intrigueing and you were unfortunately left behind.

What do you do now? Never message her regardless if you hear anything or not. If she replies, don't be an ass but still reply just don't put any effort into it. Most importantly cut short the replies, you're not dating her anymore. If she is still messaging you, she could be just keeping you around in case the other guy doesn't work out.

Now go forth, get out there and meet new people!

• Author
niceguy1847

Yeah that probably right, there may be another guy, I really don't know. We did text a lot but it wasn't solid texting throughout the day tho. We would text for a bit and then go a long time before talking again. It was usaully about how are day was going or about plans we had. Honest I do know I should move on, I done it before with other girls I dated. It is just hard this time for some reason, I really don't know why.

devilish innocent

The intense feelings she had in the beginning died down,and she lost interest in pursuing a relationship. She still enjoys chatting with you as a friend, and you allow it, so that' s what she's doing now.