Italian Amercan Man asked out Indian woman

HI

I'm an Italian American man who was born and lived in the US my whole life. I work at a public library and this beautiful indian woman as been coming in to study. Someohow I started talking to her here and there and helped her with certain research. We chat a bit here and there. She's been here for 10 months and came here with her mother and sister. She is studying nursing.

I fell for her. She is beautiful, and exudes warmth with her smile. But her English is not the best and I also thought that culturally what can come out of this? Am I being realistic? Would she be uncomfortable with an American man making a move on her?

But I bit the bullet and asked her out. Life is short. I felt that asking her out was the only way I could continue to get to really know her. So I asked her out:

With a beautiful smile she turned me down and shyly said "She was not interested." I said ok and told her if she ever needed any help just ask.

Despite the obvious reason "she's not interested" and not into me... what other reasons may she have said no?... could it be a cultural thing as well? As I pondered asking her out I thought about some cultural reasons as to why she would decline.

Usually I don't feel too dejected when I get turned down, but this one kinda stung lol. She just seemed very nice, and she is.

Thanks

Edited by Zeo828
  • Author

I'm doing a double pose because I wanted to edit my original post but no longer can. Basically I was just curious if anyone had some insight to dating Indian women, especially someone new to America. Do they generally think it's not a good idea to perhaps date out of their culture?

SycamoreCircle

No idea what her reasoning was, but I wish more women could turn down men this way instead of the cowardly bullsh;+ they usually opt for. "I have yoga." :rolleyes:

Clarence_Boddicker

Most likely her parents decide who she marries, not her. It all has to do with the caste system & family social status.

Shining One
Most likely her parents decide who she marries, not her. It all has to do with the caste system & family social status.
This about covers it. If she's a traditional Indian woman, her parents will arrange the marriage. If she's less traditional, she will still seek their approval. If you are outside what her parents are comfortable with, then you will be rejected.

Well how could you possibly know besides throwing around silly stereotypes? It could be any number of reasons, better not to dwell on it though.

My "traditional" Indian ancestors married and moved overseas and told their parents to get stuffed.

If you are talking about East Indian, which I think you are, they only date their own kind and they must get married. they don't date or marry out of their culture. The men may fool around with different women, but the women only stick with their own kind. It's best she turned you down anyways. they would never accept you in their family.

• Author

Yeah. This morning I feel so much better and I did not know what I was thinking.

I met her and thought she is very pretty, has a sexy walk, is charming and dresses very nice, so I lost myself a bit. But it would never work. I still think she'll make someone real happy one day and I wish her the best.

Shining One
My "traditional" Indian ancestors married and moved overseas and told their parents to get stuffed.
How does this make them traditional? This sounds more like me, and I'm far from traditional.
alphamale

indian chicks are very conservative and generally don't date outside their culture...