Women who fault men for flirting with younger women

LookAtThisPOst

LookAtThisPOst

A recent Facebook from one of my friends was brought up. She said she was at the gym and saw this 40-something guy flirting with a 20-something woman and couldn't decide whether it was funny or gross.

A lot of scuttle butt/comments arranged from a consensus of women (of course 40-something women) saying how gross. One was another woman that said she has a daughter approaching 20 and how she thinks it's also gross.

Men made jokes about it, but it seemed the women kind of took it seriously, as this is something one shouldn't even jest about.

But seriously, can men be faulted for flirting with a younger woman? Would offering a counter-point in the comment section bring about a flame war and unfriending of friends? LOL

But seriously, can men be faulted for flirting with a younger woman?

Why not?

If I were flirting with men 20 years younger at the gym, I might get some judgment, too. Hopefully the 40 year old has thick skin by that age.

• Like 9
loveweary11
A recent Facebook from one of my friends was brought up. She said she was at the gym and saw this 40-something guy flirting with a 20-something woman and couldn't decide whether it was funny or gross.

A lot of scuttle butt/comments arranged from a consensus of women (of course 40-something women) saying how gross. One was another woman that said she has a daughter approaching 20 and how she thinks it's also gross.

Men made jokes about it, but it seemed the women kind of took it seriously, as this is something one shouldn't even jest about.

But seriously, can men be faulted for flirting with a younger woman? Would offering a counter-point in the comment section bring about a flame war and unfriending of friends? LOL

This stuff is really weird because in public, everyone is against it.

However in private, behind closed doors or away from people they know, a huge portion of women in the under 25 age bracket are interested in trying out older guys.

Based on my experience, it's around 30%- 40%.

And it's typically the most attractive ones, too.

• Like 5
  • Author
LookAtThisPOst

However in private, behind closed doors or away from people they know, a huge portion of women in the under 25 age bracket are interested in trying out older guys.

Yeah, I've seen women that age SO attractive (early 20s), that they actually appear to look in their early 30s...as silly as that may sound.

Many women flirt with younger guys too, and date younger guys on dating sites. Ever heard the term "Cougar"?!

• Like 1
barcode88

Men like younger women that's just how it is. Nothing wrong about it as long as she's 18+

• Like 1

Ehh, I've never felt any particular way about the ages of people that others choose to flirt with.

Sure, I might raise my eyebrows in amusement at an 80 year old flirting with an 18 year old, but, meh, not effecting me.

• Like 4
loveweary11
Yeah, I've seen women that age SO attractive (early 20s), that they actually appear to look in their early 30s...as silly as that may sound.

Actually, I know what you mean. I have a dear, close friend who just turned 19. Lived with her all last summer. Nothing ever happened, but we became very close. Ridiculously gorgeous girl. The way she look and carries herself, you'd swear she's 30. I think she's more mature than I am!

She is so even keeled, put together, etc... that when she came to Art Basel with a group of us this past fall, she got in everywhere. I have a pic of her hanging out with Paris Hilton. No joke. Actually hanging out and havun fun with Paris Hilton, not posing for a photo op.

It's amazing, but I know what you mean. She was 18. Nobody ever knew. She is basically a socialite.

barcode88

Was chatting with my fwb about our partners and she said she was with a 30 year old guy when she was 17. I'd probably high five the guy if it wasn't illegal lol.

• Like 1
  • Author
LookAtThisPOst
Actually, I know what you mean. I have a dear, close friend who just turned 19. Lived with her all last summer. Nothing ever happened, but we became very close. Ridiculously gorgeous girl. The way she look and carries herself, you'd swear she's 30. I think she's more mature than I am!

She is so even keeled, put together, etc... that when she came to Art Basel with a group of us this past fall, she got in everywhere. I have a pic of her hanging out with Paris Hilton. No joke. Actually hanging out and havun fun with Paris Hilton, not posing for a photo op.

It's amazing, but I know what you mean. She was 18. Nobody ever knew. She is basically a socialite.

Did she have high cheek bones?

It's either A) daddy issues or B) mackin on what's in his wallet. or C) ego boost.

• Like 1

Deep down I'll always be super attracted to good looking men 40+. Does more for me than someone my age that's attractive. I don't know what it is. If the dudes being creepy about it I'd turn the other way.

SawtoothMars

I think we should all be honest about our cultural situation. Remember back in the 1950's, you had all these super moralistic and judgmental people in every church?

Well, 60 years later those people still exist... they just no longer go to church. They don't have any moral code so to speak and seem to think anything that even slightly offends their sensibilities must be made illegal. I prefer the church ladies because at least their moral outrages made sense.

• Like 1

i guess he forgot he needs to ask the permission of all the ladies in the gym before he flirts with a younger girl. next time i decide to flirt with anyone in public ill ask the person next to me if its ok.:rolleyes:

Ambivalence

In the dating world, women are judged heavily by age (looks, health, fertility).

As opposed to men who are judged by subcommunications and an "alpha" personality, which can only improve with age.

• Like 2
joystickd

It's just butt hurt women jealous that same guy isn't talking to them.

• Like 1

Cougar is gross but not the other way around. I am being very double standard but this is how I feel

• Like 1
Ambivalence
Cougar is gross but not the other way around. I am being very double standard but this is how I feel

It's not gross, just unnatural in my opinion.

mrs rubble

I have vivid memories of being 20yo and being in a modelling competition, the semi finalists(all 20ish) all went on a boat cruise with the judges (all 40ish men).

The men were like a pack of slobbering hounds, flirting, trying to get the ladies drunk and take advantage. It was the creepiest situation!! Some of the girls did go for the guy's (maybe with the idea of gaining a win in the comp???) but I'll always remember how creeped out I felt. When I see a young women being hit on now by an older guy I feel very uncomfortable and usually can't stop myself from laughing or at least smirking over how utterly tragic he is!!

• Like 1
barcode88
I have vivid memories of being 20yo and being in a modelling competition, the semi finalists(all 20ish) all went on a boat cruise with the judges (all 40ish men).

The men were like a pack of slobbering hounds, flirting, trying to get the ladies drunk and take advantage. It was the creepiest situation!! Some of the girls did go for the guy's (maybe with the idea of gaining a win in the comp???) but I'll always remember how creeped out I felt. When I see a young women being hit on now by an older guy I feel very uncomfortable and usually can't stop myself from laughing or at least smirking over how utterly tragic he is!!

Men subconsciously associate youthful Women with fertility, and its literally hardcoded into our DNA as part of our reproductive instincts. Don't blame Men for being creeps, that's just how we work.

On the other hand Women associate older Men with being able to protect them and provide. I would say the vast majority of Women that I've seen on OLD list their age preferences as seeking a Man of Equal or Greater age.

loveweary11

Apparently not one of the 30-40% that date up in age.

Next part isn't speaking to Mrs Rubble....

I feel bigotry like this... laughing at, making fun of people for dating who they want to date is the same thing as being homophobic and making fun of gay couples... or interracial couples.

It's probably time to put and end to it, just like the other forms of hatred/ bigotry.

I mean, are you only laughing at the guy who is dating the younger girl or are you laughing at the girl too?

I should be able to walk down the street with my date or girlfriend without having anyone give us a hard time.

And you know what? In real life, nobody does. They always think we're a cute couple and that I'm a little younger and she's a little older.

One in particular that is in the running for a real relationship right now is often mistaken to be my wife. And she's 17 years younger than me. Yet everywhere we go, people assume we're married.

Seems like this sort of discrimination is more of a hide behind your computer thing, like gay bashing and busting on interracial dating, rather than a real life thing. Nobody hasthe guts in real life and they probably also know it's wrong.

Easily done hiding behind a computer though.

• Like 1
El Pallasso

Those women are just jealous that they have hit the wall and guys aren't approaching them as they used to back in their 20's. They secretly wish they were that younger girl getting approached. It's funny watching these old jealous women.

• Like 1
mrs rubble
Those women are just jealous that they have hit the wall and guys aren't approaching them as they used to back in their 20's. They secretly wish they were that younger girl getting approached. It's funny watching these old jealous women.

Do you know I got approached more in my mid to late thirties than I have in my entire life so far. Go figure! Loads of them were young guys looking for an older woman. Now I duck for cover if anyone looks at me sideways!