Showing this girl I'm into her..

Hey everyone! University guy here, I invited this girl who used to be a co-worker out for coffee this week. I would've asked her out while we were working together, but I don't like the idea of dating coworkers (drama isn't fun).

I know her a bit, she used to offer to drive me to work social events. It was sweet. But we have a lot in common, so why not.

The thing is, now that I'm thinking about it I asked her to meet up for coffee, and I hope she realizes I'm into her. It's probably going to be nice out, we could go for a walk somewhere after but we're meeting up with separate cars. That might be annoying if we plan to do something after.

I want to get to know her a bit better, but I don't know if she realizes I'm into her. I don't want to surprise her with anything. I just hope we're on the same page. The last time we got coffee was in a group, and I said that I don't normally go to get coffee unless I'm on a date. Hopefully she remembers that, haha.

Oh, and I'm also pretty nervous, since I think we'd actually be a pretty good match. I'm good at talking, but I'm not sure how flirty I'm supposed to be with this girl. Is there a way to play it safe? I know she at least wants to be good friends.

fitnessfan365

Well if she didn't like you on some basic level, she wouldn't have agreed to go out with you. So my advice? Treat her like a person, not a woman on a pedestal. Just talk to her, ask her questions, tease her when appropriate, etc.. Just keep it really low key and easy going.

If she's acting engaged the whole night, laughing, and both of you are having a good time, go for a kiss at the end of the night. That will tell you in a matter of seconds where her interest is.

• Like 1
The thing is, now that I'm thinking about it I asked her to meet up for coffee, and I hope she realizes I'm into her.

Dress a little bit nicer than you normally would, open doors for her, pull her chair out for her, compliment her, and insist on paying the bill. Act like you're on a date, but try not to lay it on too thick.

Other than that, just be your normal self with her and try not to be nervous.

todreaminblue

Dont go in with too higher expectations from a first date....be easy going...be yourself be open.....but most of all be in the moment...enjoy time spent with her.....if you are enjoying yourself over worrying whats right and wrong to say ....both of you will have a good time....and getting to know her and her know you should be enjoyable. for the both of you...if theres silences ....dont let them bug you...not every moment spent with her has to be full of talk......deb

d0nnivain

Do not make any big declarations.

Have coffee with her. Hug her hello if you are brave enough. Give her a sincere compliment while you are consuming the coffee. Ask her to take a walk -- hold out your hand very prominently for her to take & walk hand in hand.

When the walk ends, ask her for a specific date. Say the word date when you ask so there is no confusion. Do not say anything that remotely resembles do you wanna hang out sometime.

Since you asked her out on a date (one-on-one), she knows you like her.

But just so you know, they are more concerned with their own feelings than yours.