Where do you think it's going?

dangerbang

Hello all. Sound advice here would be great. I met someone online a few weeks ago and we went out for a drink a week ago, probably spent about 3 or 4 hours in a bar in total. Conversation came easily, no awkward silences. I found her quite attractive, very good looking. When she left I got her to a cab and we just kind of did that awkward hug/cheek rub thing!

I messaged her the next evening saying I had a good time blah blah and if she'd like we can do it again. She said yeah, I'm busy next weekend (she's away for a wedding) but we can catch up after that. Since then we've messaged every day but there's no flirtyness or anything exciting going on really.

Then again we've only met once and barely know each other.

If we go out again - how do I get beyond the formalities stage and maybe kiss her or something? I'm completely out of this game as I've been with someone for a few years until a while ago and before that I just didn't date for a couple of years.

The few people I've had relationships with, there was an immediate physical chemistry, at least I think there was, maybe not completely on second thoughts.

Is it worth seeing her again if I really like her? She's the type I'm looking for. Independent and well rounded person and gorgeous.

Do not sit opposite her next time. Sit at right angles. Allows for better "access" for touching arms, legs etc.

Pay her compliments and make sure she is aware that you find her attractive. I.e. your hair looks really pretty tonight. I like the top you are wearing it suits you very well... Mix compliments about her physical appearance in with those about her personality.

All of the above would help me jump the chap I am interested in!

Its got to the stage where I am meeting other people not because I am particularly interested in meeting more new people but because there is just nothing going on even though I try!

• Author
Do not sit opposite her next time. Sit at right angles. Allows for better "access" for touching arms, legs etc.

Pay her compliments and make sure she is aware that you find her attractive. I.e. your hair looks really pretty tonight. I like the top you are wearing it suits you very well... Mix compliments about her physical appearance in with those about her personality.

All of the above would help me jump the chap I am interested in!

Its got to the stage where I am meeting other people not because I am particularly interested in meeting more new people but because there is just nothing going on even though I try!

Right angles... huh? I'll be sure to bring my geometry set with me and have stools in place before she arrives next time.

Thanks for your input. Am I right in thinking she wouldn't bother meeting again if she didn't feel some level of attraction or potential? I would have said yes, as she's 34, and doesn't seem like an idiot. I'm pretty good looking and she's sporty and I at least look quite fit on the exterior (minus the drinking and smoking that I'm trying to cut down on and I'll at least try to keep at bay for a while!).

I'm pretty useless at flirting, I think I would have cleaned up over the years, but I'm probably the opposite of a natural flirt. My last GF said she hadn't a clue if I fancied her or not after our first date.

Hopefully it's not a schoolnight on the next night and we can drink a bit more, might loosen us both up a bit and break the ice.

Compliments lots of compliments. Ask her opinions compliment the opinions you lie, smile lots at her...

Tell her that you want to practice flirting with her and get her to show you how! Anything man! Other than politely chatting about the weather!!!

If you want to know what it is like dating a chap like you see my thread on Guy No 2...

• Like 1

The first kiss will take it to the next level, the man has to do that (usually). Make sure you kiss her within the first few dates or her interest may wane. Don't ask her, just do it.

• Like 2
  • Author
Compliments lots of compliments. Ask her opinions compliment the opinions you lie, smile lots at her...

Tell her that you want to practice flirting with her and get her to show you how! Anything man! Other than politely chatting about the weather!!!

If you want to know what it is like dating a chap like you see my thread on Guy No 2...

Well if she's fretting the way you are, I'd be very happy. I suppose I have a fair bit going for me when I think about it!

What about the fact that there's over 2 weeks between 1st and 2nd date? I mean she's away from Thursday till Sunday this weekend so following one, good bad? Jesus why am I analysing this so much!

Hmmm either way I'll at least attempt some lame flirtation. I'm the most open minded person once I get to know a woman properly and pretty off the wall but until the ice is broken, I sometimes find it tough!

Well if she's fretting the way you are, I'd be very happy. I suppose I have a fair bit going for me when I think about it!

What about the fact that there's over 2 weeks between 1st and 2nd date? I mean she's away from Thursday till Sunday this weekend so following one, good bad? Jesus why am I analysing this so much!

Hmmm either way I'll at least attempt some lame flirtation. I'm the most open minded person once I get to know a woman properly and pretty off the wall but until the ice is broken, I sometimes find it tough!

dangerbang...

Its been a month... A friggin' month! :(

Even lame flirtation is better than nothing!

I am actually praying that you are my guy... Sad and unlikely but he had such lovely soft lips its a shame to waste them on one silly peck!

The first kiss will take it to the next level, the man has to do that (usually). Make sure you kiss her within the first few dates or her interest may wane. Don't ask her, just do it.

I can't tell you how important this is!

After a month I am still unsure if No 2 likes me or not hence why I have ended up speaking to No 4 and No 6...

Hold her hand, compliment her, anything, something! Just get on with it! ;)

• Author
I can't tell you how important this is!

After a month I am still unsure if No 2 likes me or not hence why I have ended up speaking to No 4 and No 6...

Hold her hand, compliment her, anything, something! Just get on with it! ;)

I can't just launch my face at her! I guess I'll have to see how the next date (if it happens) goes. If she's dolled up with her t*ts hanging out and a bit looser than last time, I'll be confident to go for it. If it's a repeat of date one I can only see myself looking like an arse if it goes wrong, yikes.