Too early for a kiss?

zachsack

So I asked a girl out today. It was a matter of time, we had feelings for each other. When I did ask her out, she blushed so much, nodded her head and said yes. I have been talking with this girl for a couple weeks now. I hanged out with her (more like a date) 2 days ago, where we went to a lake and we walked along it talking, then to a school play, and held hands near the end.

When a friend of mine asked me to kiss her right after I asked her out, I said "Its a little early for that." And she agreed with a nod.

When we were walking back from lunch, she didn't walk with her hands at her side, kind of folded in front of her. I said "we should definitely hold hands" jokingly, and she released her pose and we held hands.

I want to know if I tried to kiss her tomorrow, or at the end of the week (when we plan to go on a date), would it be too early?

Also, will it be too early if I kiss her on the forehead in the following days? I really want to show her how I feel. Right now, the most we do is hold hands, and hug. Shes one of the shy types. Even though she usually initiate the hugs.

save the 1st kiss for the date, not the school hall. Then talk about how she feels about PDA at school.

• Like 2
  • Author
save the 1st kiss for the date, not the school hall. Then talk about how she feels about PDA at school.

So not even a peck on the forehead?

Are you her brother or her BF?

No pecks on the forehead.

• Like 6
Grapesofwrath

That's something her Dad does. Not her potential bf.

Kiss her at the end of the date. Watch for signs that she would be okay with that. BTW...it's always okay to ask the girl if you may kiss her at the end of the date. If she's into you, she'll love that. Very gallant.

• Like 1

No pecks on the forehead until you're married :p

it's always okay to ask the girl if you may kiss her at the end of the date. If she's into you, she'll love that. Very gallant.

If you have to ask, the answer is no.

No pecks on the forehead until you're married :p

If you have to ask, the answer is no.

I disagree. If she wanted to kiss you in the first place the answer will always be yes. He sounds young, he can probably get away with it just fine.

I've actually used this approach once.

devilish innocent

I think you should save the first kiss for the middle or end of the date. That way the date can hopefully set the mood for it. Just make sure she still seems interested.

I actually think it's fine to follow your instincts with regards to kissing her on the forehead. If you're already holding hands and hugging, then that doesn't seem too different.

He sounds young, he can probably get away with it just fine..

If memory serves from another thread, the OP & the girl are 15.

• Like 1

First, I'm glad to see an assertive man (and so young too). :) They are rare. As for the kiss, the best time it really determined by the mood. You do it when the mood is right. Try your best to set that mood and when it's right, you just go for it.

Your intuition is correct.... it's time to kiss your girl.... and not on the forehead... on the lips! Man up! And you never ask, that can be a turnoff. You just have to be deliberate, lean in, and go for it. Women (and girls) like a confident man.

If you don't kiss her early, within 3 dates or so, her interest can wane.

Edited by Gary S
fitnessfan365
Your intuition is correct.... it's time to kiss your girl.... and not on the forehead... on the lips! Man up!

Good advice. OP I'd say that you already built up a bit of romantic tension on that impromptu get together. However, wait for the actual date. Let her spend some time thinking about you. Then when you see her on the date, kiss her at the beginning to greet her. Not a make out session or anything over the top. Just a simple, sweet, closed mouth lingering kiss. Then act like it was no big deal. This sets a romantic tone for the whole night.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Author

Thank you all for the advice! So from what I gather, make sure that she's fine with PDA. And don't be shy, go for it on the date! Thank you all.

• Like 2