Short Chat vs Long Chat - before asking for a date

marcelo.santos

marcelo.santos

Poor english here:

I'm 41, she is 33: She is a girl that we know each one briefly and we begin to chat - she looks a bit interested (not very very interested, just curious) like asking question about me - I know that I am at a point that a can ask her for a first date and probably she will accept it, at least for fun.

The point is we have talked just a bit (short chat) - in the past I remember that I had better chances when a waited more time to really call the girl for the first date - I begin to talk with the girl every day (mutual interest) for about 2 or 3 weeks before asking for a date (long chat) the advantage of this method is that you begin a kind of virtual relationship before the first date and you will have a better first date as you both are more especial for each other.

The disadvantage of the long chat, is obviously that you can loose the girl for a faster dude that will call her on the first talk for a date.

What is your opinion? which is better? Quick call for a date or begin a kind of virtual relationship before first date? I'm talking about a very special girl that I'm really interested at this moment.

thank you!

It depends on the context. Here I think you are OK to ask now for the date. Part of dating is having time to get to know each other through conversation.

• Like 2
todreaminblue
It depends on the context. Here I think you are OK to ask now for the date. Part of dating is having time to get to know each other through conversation.

on repeat for emphasis...dating these days seems to be just about getting more physical than really connecting with a person intellectually and emotionally......which is sorta sad.....its fun to get to know someone..its simple...you just talk on a date and go from there......deb

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

In my opinion, it's better to meet sooner rather than later. Chemistry happens when you spend time together in person. When you chat forever before meeting it puts pressure on things and creates expectations. Then when you meet in person finally it can feel really awkward.

So my advice would be to get a woman's number within a few days of talking with her online. Then call her, and set up an actual date.

• Like 2
  • Author
marcelo.santos

Thank you all for the replies, I'll try to call her for a date as soon as possible.

Thanks!