Something different about this one

brandon26003

brandon26003

I am 34 years old. I am divorced and have had numerous dates and a few relationships since my divorce in 2007.

I'll be brief. In the past 2 years, I've dated several women. When I would meet them, they would say that they really liked me, thought it could turn into something, and then boom. It was over quicker than they started. I always got, "You're a great guy, but it's not the right time for me" or some other lame excuse that didn't make sense. More times than not, I was used for emotional support until their ex came back into their lives.

I met this one girl about a month ago. We went out and it went great. After the date, she told me to make sure I come back and see her. She has had to break plans because of work and child obligations which I can understand. The difference is that she is one of the most difficult women to read that I have ever met. At times it's hard for me to tell if she is interested. This is different than any previous woman because they almost all told me they were interested in me before I mentioned it to them. With this girl, I do make first contact 75% of the time. With her, we do not exchange 100 of texts per day. On average, it's 8-10. Im so used to a fast pace that it kinda drives me nuts that it's going slow. At times, I think the slow pace and the fact that it's hard to read her is her way of putting a wall up.

Maybe she has a wall up? Maybe this is the pace potential relationships form. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Versacehottie

I don't see what's wrong with this. She sounds balanced. Is anything she is doing bothering you? Do you wish she would contact you more, initiate more? I would guess she is trying not to be clingy in response to how you have played it thus far. As long as she is still answering your calls, texts, going out with you she is sufficiently interested and time will tell if it will grow. She is smart to protect herself I think not because of you per se. It's just smart to guard your heart and not take everything so seriously right up front that usually scares good guys away anyway. Round of applause she's at least got your attention.

• Like 1
I am 34 years old. I am divorced and have had numerous dates and a few relationships since my divorce in 2007.

I'll be brief. In the past 2 years, I've dated several women. When I would meet them, they would say that they really liked me, thought it could turn into something, and then boom. It was over quicker than they started. I always got, "You're a great guy, but it's not the right time for me" or some other lame excuse that didn't make sense. More times than not, I was used for emotional support until their ex came back into their lives.

I met this one girl about a month ago. We went out and it went great. After the date, she told me to make sure I come back and see her. She has had to break plans because of work and child obligations which I can understand. The difference is that she is one of the most difficult women to read that I have ever met. At times it's hard for me to tell if she is interested. This is different than any previous woman because they almost all told me they were interested in me before I mentioned it to them. With this girl, I do make first contact 75% of the time. With her, we do not exchange 100 of texts per day. On average, it's 8-10. Im so used to a fast pace that it kinda drives me nuts that it's going slow. At times, I think the slow pace and the fact that it's hard to read her is her way of putting a wall up.

Maybe she has a wall up? Maybe this is the pace potential relationships form. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

If you're a fan of the fast paced 100 text a day from day one style of dating then you're welcome to read my prior threads about how nicely that worked out for me:lmao:

• Like 2

A nice, sane woman who is falling for you does not just break dates - she suggests another day for the date.

• Like 1

Or maybe she's not an extroverted feeler? You do know that around 75% of people are extroverted and express feelings openly but the other 25% don't. They can come across as hard to read, detached, uninterested but it's just because they don't wear their emotions on the outside. It's still all happening on the inside.

So what do we know about her?

- She's not following the usual pattern of expressing feelz for you before dumping you and going back with an ex. Well that seems like a positive to me.

- She doesn't demand hours of your day in trivial txting. Once again I'm hard pressed to see how this is a problem.

- She's not pressing you for commitment or giving you bull**** lines about being ready. So your problem is exactly?

No it doesn't mean she has a wall up. It means she is not identical to all the other women who typically dump you to return to an old flame. I can see how it's confusing but I wouldn't be alarmed.

• Like 1
  • Author
brandon26003

I just asked her about going out this weekend. She said she has a lot going on with family being in town, a baby shower, and a few other things. This will mark 3 weeks in a row that we haven't seen eachother. One week I forget what the excuse was and last week she couldn't find a sitter. Would I be wrong for saying that I'm auditioned that I haven't seen her?

PegNosePete

If someone couldn't find time for me 3 weeks running then I would move on. Her actions are not hard to read at all, they speak volumes. You're wasting your time here.

• Author
brandon26003

We do live an hour from each other, and because of my schedule, weekends are the only time I'm available.