How do u ask someone out via text

dennis47

Im used to ask people out without really asking, more along the lines hey let's do this we should do that come with me to that other thing, but this girl I rarely see her but we text a few, and I gotta ask her out already but not sure if my style via text comes off as rude or what, and plainly asking is once again not what Im used to. Any advice on how I should do it??

closest thing I've done to asking out via text is when this one girl needed to go someplace and I told her Id take her, and THEN when I saw her I asked her out. Also, any advice on where to take out an outdoorsy girl? Most of the time we've seen each other has been that way but dunno if it works for a first date, nor where exactly.

If it's via OLD, I'd say this is acceptable. Some users will tell you that you NEED to call, but I'd say do what's comfortable for you.

If this is an IRL approach/acquaintance, you should try and ask them out over the phone at the very least.

As far as texting, you need to have rapport first, follows these steps:

1. Obtain number. Wait at least a few hours if not most of the day before you text her.
  2. Send her a flirty text. Do NOT send something like "Hey this is Joe"
  3. Exchange some brief text banter, only a few messages.
  4. Ask her if she wants to grab a drink with you sometime.
  5. If she says yes, offer a time/date/place. If that doesn't work she should ideally make a counter-offer if she's interested. If she doesn't, give her space before asking again.

fitnessfan365

It's simple..You don't. If it's online dating based, it's cool to send a text so she has your number and banter a bit. But then ask her by text when she's free to talk on the phone.

I know that so many people love to text, claim it's how the younger generation works, etc.. But I think a lot of women tolerate texting because of that. A lot still appreciate a phone call.

• Like 1
Im used to ask people out without really asking, more along the lines hey let's do this we should do that come with me to that other thing, but this girl I rarely see her but we text a few, and I gotta ask her out already but not sure if my style via text comes off as rude or what, and plainly asking is once again not what Im used to. Any advice on how I should do it??

closest thing I've done to asking out via text is when this one girl needed to go someplace and I told her Id take her, and THEN when I saw her I asked her out. Also, any advice on where to take out an outdoorsy girl? Most of the time we've seen each other has been that way but dunno if it works for a first date, nor where exactly.

You don't text an invite. You call her with a specific date, place and time. If there are any outdoor concerts in the park in your area, that would be a nice thing. Flea markets, craft shows . . .

• Like 2
  • Author

Ok I hear you all! I've never called her before though, isnt that kinda weird??

and still, have never asked someone out over phone before..

Ok I hear you all! I've never called her before though, isnt that kinda weird??

and still, have never asked someone out over phone before..

Well if this is how you have been communicating with each other, text her for a date.

fitnessfan365

Plus, it just takes more balls to call over text.

Got a woman's number Tues after a few emails (hot blonde/fitness junkie). Had her on the phone same day. Fantastic call, and great initial chemistry. Obvious tension. Plus, she loved that I called her. She's out of town this weekend for a work event, and had to prepare the last night two nights. So we make plans for next week.

That night - Texts me a pic. Now most guys would just say "Wow you look hot", etc.. But my authentic reaction after the phone call was wanting to kiss her. So I say "You're just daring me to kiss greet you on our date". She flirts along and promises to get good chapstick.

Yesterday - Sends another pic saying "Hope you're having a good day". We already established what a pic means. So I actually call her last night. Tell her straight out that since she's double daring me I'll have to greet her with a kiss. She starts giggling. I say "From the sound of you giggle, this appeals to you." She says "Definitely". Then I tell her to have a good trip and she says she can't wait to see me when she gets back.

Now I will admit, normally I wouldn't bring up kiss greeting. She is a stranger after all. But with the chemistry, tension and how we get along, it felt like the thing to do. But what really sold it, is that I had the balls to actually say that to her on the phone. I can almost guarantee that all the other guys she's dealing with text her, and the ones online don't have the balls or confidence I do. However, don't worry. Just planning on a brief, soft, closed mouth, lingering kiss. Then I'll behave like a gentleman the whole night as I always do. ;)

If in person is an option, DO THAT.

I personally am not a fan of the phone. Neither texting nor calling. My phone exists as a glorified clock and for emergencies...and in a month I will use maybe a total of 5 minutes of call time. Even now my phone is sitting forgotten in my purse in the other room. My coworkers will text me sometimes, and I won't get it until the next day. They KNOW that I don't pay attention to my phone (it's always away at work too), so they don't get mad when they get a massively delayed response, but they do make fun of me a bit, lol.

Always always always have in person be the top priority. Phones are meh.

Im used to ask people out without really asking, more along the lines hey let's do this we should do that come with me to that other thing,

Here are two growth opportunities for you, then.

Stop asking people to hang out. Start asking them on dates, when you set up a time, a place & activity with the expectation that you will pay rather than the ambiguous "let's hang out."

Furthermore, you ask in person or on the phone never via text, on FB, through twitter or any other social media.

• Author
Here are two growth opportunities for you, then.

Stop asking people to hang out. Start asking them on dates, when you set up a time, a place & activity with the expectation that you will pay rather than the ambiguous "let's hang out."

Furthermore, you ask in person or on the phone never via text, on FB, through twitter or any other social media.

well Im not saying I ask to "hang out", more along the lines of not simply asking her out but telling her (implying we should?), you know- offer u cant refuse. I dunno, it works in person but via text and even phone sounds like it could be different

I hear you though, no asking out over text. But like I said, I have never asked out over phone call either. Got any tips on that??? I've never called her so I dont even know when's a good time to do it..

It's really better to call, text is a poor form of communication. You get the addition of voice inflection on a call which is huge. It's much easier to negotiate a date on a call.

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint
I've never called her before though, isnt that kinda weird??

You know what's really weird? Trying to have a relationship with your mobile phone. Yeah, that's what texting is.

• Like 3
loveweary11

You just do it Have a good text conversation and right in the middle of it, segue into asking her to go out.

Say, let's go out Friday night and continue this conversation. I'd love to continue in person.

I nearly never use the phone and it works 100% of the time. If you can hold a conversation in person, you can hold one on text. (I can't hold a good conversation on a phone call, unless it's business, so i text and talk in person only... zero phone calls)

Never once had a problem asking someone out that way. Have a good text and just lay it on her.

Plus, it just takes more balls to call over text.

Got a woman's number Tues after a few emails (hot blonde/fitness junkie). Had her on the phone same day. Fantastic call, and great initial chemistry. Obvious tension. Plus, she loved that I called her. She's out of town this weekend for a work event, and had to prepare the last night two nights. So we make plans for next week.

That night - Texts me a pic. Now most guys would just say "Wow you look hot", etc.. But my authentic reaction after the phone call was wanting to kiss her. So I say "You're just daring me to kiss greet you on our date". She flirts along and promises to get good chapstick.

Yesterday - Sends another pic saying "Hope you're having a good day". We already established what a pic means. So I actually call her last night. Tell her straight out that since she's double daring me I'll have to greet her with a kiss. She starts giggling. I say "From the sound of you giggle, this appeals to you." She says "Definitely". Then I tell her to have a good trip and she says she can't wait to see me when she gets back.

Now I will admit, normally I wouldn't bring up kiss greeting. She is a stranger after all. But with the chemistry, tension and how we get along, it felt like the thing to do. But what really sold it, is that I had the balls to actually say that to her on the phone. I can almost guarantee that all the other guys she's dealing with text her, and the ones online don't have the balls or confidence I do. However, don't worry. Just planning on a brief, soft, closed mouth, lingering kiss. Then I'll behave like a gentleman the whole night as I always do. ;)

it means nothing what she says. i have down the same as you thinking she must like me but then she says I'm just a friend or completely ignores me when we meet. don't get your hopes up. words mean nothing

You don't ask anyone out over text that is weird. You do it over the phone and then confirm plans over text the night before the date