Is it over?!

Bluemug

So I've been seeing a guy for about seven weeks - we met online, swift meeting in person and since then contact everyday and lots of fun dates. We're

Both super busy with our jobs and families, which is a bonus for me as I need to be with someone equally busy (I can often go weeks before a

Day off!)

Things were going really well until this past weekend. I have no idea where I stand. I asked him Friday if he's still got his profile online (my mum asked and since then it's been on my mind) - he said no, great, conversation over. I asked him to contact me when he had a chance because I wanted to talk to him about some stuff - mainly staying over and meeting my brother who has special needs (i hadn't told him and my brother lives with me). Since then I've had one text basically telling me he's ok, tired etc etc.

I'm confused. Is he losing interest? Am I being needy? I don't get it and I really want to try and keep this going as other than this weirdness it's been going well!

Thanks

So I've been seeing a guy for about seven weeks - we met online, swift meeting in person and since then contact everyday and lots of fun dates. We're

Both super busy with our jobs and families, which is a bonus for me as I need to be with someone equally busy (I can often go weeks before a

Day off!)

Things were going really well until this past weekend. I have no idea where I stand. I asked him Friday if he's still got his profile online (my mum asked and since then it's been on my mind) - he said no, great, conversation over. I asked him to contact me when he had a chance because I wanted to talk to him about some stuff - mainly staying over and meeting my brother who has special needs (i hadn't told him and my brother lives with me). Since then I've had one text basically telling me he's ok, tired etc etc.

I'm confused. Is he losing interest? Am I being needy? I don't get it and I really want to try and keep this going as other than this weirdness it's been going well!

Thanks

Seven weeks and "pushing" meeting the family at this point may come across as rushing it a little. You've put the ball in his court to contact you when he had a chance. Let him do that. If he doesn't, keep moving on with your life. You raised a flag possibly, too, by inquiring as to whether he's still on the dating site. You've intimated that you want exclusivity or that you are feeling that this is a relationship now. Conversation over? No. In fact, there needs to be more conversation. Just because he's not using a dating site, doesn't mean he views this relationship as exclusive yet.

Anyway, since things were going well up to this point, let him contact you. But don't bring the meeting family subject up yet. You can tell him about your brother and you probably should. Just sit it out a little bit and relax. Don't keep reaching out to him. Do it once and let it be.

• Like 1
deathandtaxes

Nah you're not needy. you're trying to take things to the next level and he's spooked. at least that's my take. why not call instead of text? This seems rather important and shouldn't be left to text. after seven weeks, he should have the courtesy to at least text you back. nothing since Friday is a bad sign.

• Author

Sorry, got text Saturday evening. I replied this morning as my grandma was taken sick and I rushed away to see her.

Yeah, I hadn't planned to bring up the family as I fear he is spooked. Gosh I didn't want to spook him, just wanted to make it easier so that he could stay over. Grrr.

SunnySide0418
Sorry, got text Saturday evening. I replied this morning as my grandma was taken sick and I rushed away to see her.

Yeah, I hadn't planned to bring up the family as I fear he is spooked. Gosh I didn't want to spook him, just wanted to make it easier so that he could stay over. Grrr.

I'm curious why you guys didn't get together over the weekend?

It's ok. It's recoverable. Just let him come to you. Pull back a little so as to take the perceived pressure off. Sit tight, be busy with your life. When/if he contacts you, follow his cue and ride it out a little. If he doesn't contact you, follow that cue :)

• Like 2
  • Author
I'm curious why you guys didn't get together over the weekend?

I was with my parents and nan over the weekend. They live a distance a away and I told him I'd probably be there for a

Time but not sure how long. We don't see each other every week, mostly due to our jobs and hobbies etc

• Author
It's ok. It's recoverable. Just let him come to you. Pull back a little so as to take the perceived pressure off. Sit tight, be busy with your life. When/if he contacts you, follow his cue and ride it out a little. If he doesn't contact you, follow that cue :)

Thanks redhead! I'll let the air clear, see how it goes

• Like 1
  • Author

Hmm so we had the briefest text conversation last night. Basically a "how are you" situation.

It feels really off. Perhaps this is just fizzling out now. A shame :(

Needy? She's not needy. If anything, she's too scarce. You may have a hard time holding a relationship if you can't date at least once a week on the outside. You may be able to handle it, but many people's hearts cannot. Love is a little fragile.

• Author
Needy? She's not needy. If anything, she's too scarce. You may have a hard time holding a relationship if you can't date at least once a week on the outside. You may be able to handle it, but many people's hearts cannot. Love is a little fragile.

I've attempted several times to see him - apparently he is busier than me these days. It's one of those things, if it was meant to be I wouldn't get the "I'm busy" response... To the point where I have stopped asking!

Hmm so we had the briefest text conversation last night. Basically a "how are you" situation.

It's still kinda hard to know. The "how are you" text is likely just a bread crumbs thing to keep the iron in the fire so to speak. He's maybe on the fence about it and wanting to have more time to think about it so keeping your interest up just enough for him to come back if he wants to.

If he had actually called you and had a real conversation, I'd say give it a little more time, but I would just keep moving forward with your life. Date other guys. If he comes back and comes on stronger, you can consider seeing him again, but hit the reset button so to speak. Date him, don't have sex with him again for a little while until you can see that he is more sincere and serious.

• Like 1

Follow your gut. If it feels "off," chances are it IS off.

You have only been dating him seven weeks, not long.

Sounds like this will just die of attrition. Let it go.

I am so sorry!

((hugs))

• Like 1
Follow your gut. If it feels "off," chances are it IS off.

- Yes, this is something all of us should do in all cases.

• Like 2
  • Author

Poop

Why did I call him? He missed it and texts me back. Argh. Thought I'd be a bigger persoN and reach out, get closure. Argh. Frustrating. Time to walk away :mad:

SunnySide0418
Poop

Why did I call him? He missed it and texts me back. Argh. Thought I'd be a bigger persoN and reach out, get closure. Argh. Frustrating. Time to walk away :mad:

What did his text say?

• Author

He was sorry to miss my call and Asked how my week was. We briefly compared war stories and then he asked me why I haven't been talking to him... Apparently he's been waiting for me to contact him. I told him it was a

Two way street and this whole thing has left me confused. Sorta paused there as I don't know what's really happening

losangelena

This is the thing with texting—it adds a whole other dimension of possible miscommunication to a relationship. You're right, it is a two-way street, and if I heard that from a man, the "why haven't you been contacting me bit," I'd feel turned off. Why is he waiting to hear from you? He's got two thumbs and a phone.

Did he respond to your two-way street comment?

• Like 1
  • Author

He basically pulled the work card, working late etc which is likely the case as he does have a pretty difficult and time consuming job. That being said, it doesn't bode well if he has time for his friends?! Really annoying

losangelena

Yeah, no doubt. If you do want to see him again (big if at this point), then say just that. Say something like, "I'd love to see you again, let me know when you have time," and see what he says. Put the ball explicitly in his court that if he wants to see you again, he's gonna have to make an effort. If he doesn't, then there's your answer.

• Author

Ah I'm done.

Called twice, no answer. Left a message via text, basically playing his own words back to him. Why bother asking me why I don't speak to

Him when he doesn't respond anyway?! Fool. Utter fool

• Like 1
Ah I'm done.

Called twice, no answer. Left a message via text, basically playing his own words back to him. Why bother asking me why I don't speak to

Him when he doesn't respond anyway?! Fool. Utter fool

I thought you were done four days ago...but guess you had to play it out till the bitter end.

Time to walk, block, delete.

Next.

• Author
I thought you were done four days ago...but guess you had to play it out till the bitter end.

Time to walk, block, delete.

Next.

Yeah I'm a sucker for loose ends! Like you say, next!