Another is he interested thread...

Well kinda. I know he's interested, I'm just not sure if he's interested in my attention or me.

Met this guy nearly 7 weeks ago and we were only talking for about 5 mins. Since then we have been texting pretty much everyday. He's said when texting he likes me and everything he says would suggest that he does. About 2 weeks into texting he asked me on a date, which I said yes to. Only thing is... we still haven't been on a date yet.

We live about an hour and a half from each other and are both fairly busy in the evenings (there are only 2 evenings/days of the week we are both free, one of them Saturday). He has also had to work a couple of these weekends and has been sick. The problem is that while we've mentioned the date several times since then, he's never said something along the lines of 'we'll go when I have time/ when's a good time to go' - like actually arranging the date. (We also agreed on a day activity for the date so it kinda needs to be on a weekend)

I'm trying to remind myself that while he's saying all the right things, it's all just words until we actually meet up so as to not get too into it and then be disappointed if we don't meet up. He was quite shy and quiet when I met him, but he's not at all in his texts. I've brought up the date a few times, and I know I should just say straight out when are we gonna go on this date/when you're less busy with work let's go on a date.

Do you think he's actually interested in me? Should I just wait til his work is less crazy (in about 2 weeks) and see if the date happens then? I'm happy to wait for the date as long as I know we're both wanting it to happen.

Thanks (and sorry for the long post)

Obviously I can only write from experience, but I hope I'm wrong.

I once asked a girl out even though I wasn't actually into her; I met her only once and asked her after she friended me on FB. I did it out of habit and never intended to actually go out, I guess it was just nice to know that I have a backup incase my next date fell through. She was attractive but just not attractive to me.

I think I'd consider it like asking a friend (or a friend asking you) to catch up, you both always talk about catching up and enjoy it — you both never actually meet up.

Edited by wb1988
  • Author

Would you have talked to her much then if you weren't that into her? Or would it just have been as often as you would any other friend?

Why would a guy keep texting every day if they weren't interested?

You've never even met, so given that you've never met, he can't be that interested since he knows nothing about you. And he doesn't even seem interested enough to meet you. So no, he's not interested.

You've never even met, so given that you've never met, he can't be that interested since he knows nothing about you. And he doesn't even seem interested enough to meet you. So no, he's not interested.

Your statement has many flaws. Im a guy and iv been interested with a girl iv neevr met before so...