You a Rave Person Or Not Your Thing

sunshinesunshine

sunshinesunshine

Have any of you ever been to a rave? I've heard of them and seen them in TV and film but never been. Are they worth going too? What do you do? I know I am a person not into partying, drinking, smoking, drugs etc. So not sure if I should go to one of these but the guy I am seeing suggested taking me to one.

Strength in Healing

We bust raves all the time. I love arresting them. Bunch of mindless zombies messing with special K and molly. I would be surprised if more than 3% of them ever end up making anything of themselves.

If that sounds like your type of crowd, go all in.

Quiet Storm

I went to some back in the 90s and it was a bunch of sweaty dancing people on acid and E waving glowsticks, while sucking on nitrous balloons and pacifiers. In my area, we had a recurring rave called "Fever". They might be different now, though.

• Author
sunshinesunshine

Yeah these aren't my thing but I don't want to disappoint this guy by denying attending some events he's suggested. Like I told him no to the raves and no to a movie he wanted to see, because I am not interested in seeing it.

Strength in Healing

Eh, a movie I would compromise on. A rave? Hell no. Takes one time for law enforcement to bust them and bam you have a record forever (even if you get it expunged, your arrest record won't be removed from google when employers search you).

Suggest a diff movie.

Michelle ma Belle

I personally have not been to a rave since it's never been my kind of scene.

My partner was HUGE into the drug and rave scene when he was younger. He said it's very rare that people go and not get drunk and/or stoned out of their minds.

If it's not your thing then it's perfectly acceptable to decline the invitation.

blackcat777

I packed my sense of adventure and tagged along with my boyfriend to an indoor dubstep show (AKA rave) and had the freaking time of my life. I don't eat chemicals and my boyfriend was the designated driver for some friends. We LOVE to dance. We wore matching goggles and smuggled in some glow sticks.

You will see grown men in wolf costumes and more bare ass than you'd probably care to see... but every time the bass drops... it's so worth it.

My feelings about dubstep, personally, are neutral. I have none on my ipod, but there are worse genres out there. But to OBSERVE the bassheads dancing in action is priceless. I laughed so hard and I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone's dancing was so ridiculous... which is essentially carte blanche to go nuts and bust out your most ridiculous dance, too. Dance moves you would never be caught dead attempting, dance moves you never imagined, dance moves that put Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks to shame... oh, yes. They're all happening, along with so much more.

If the rave is not too overpriced (and it's a legit rave, an official venue, selling tickets, 18+), you and your guy both like to dance, and you're up for something wild, hilarious, new, and fun, I'd say DO IT.

Interestingly enough, the people we drove home ate too many drugs and had a miserable time. All they did was complain about how they were so over the rave/drug scene, they didn't have any fun, how they realized the music was crap, etc. My boyfriend and I had such a blast dancing together. The entire experience was so over the top--from the music, to the costumes, to the way EVERYONE danced--I can't remember the last time I was so entertained.

Wear earplugs.

• Like 1