How do I ask a local news reporter out?

I posted a funny tweet about sports that caught her eye and she RT it. She followed me back on Twitter, and I sent her a private message saying thanks for the follow and said "I promise you I'm not usually this funny ;)." She replied, "Haha no problem. Have a good night, I'm off to dinner!"

She is hot as hell, and a local news reporter. Her reply of "off to dinner" sounded like she wasn't interested, but I still wanna take a shot.

I want to be like, "speaking of dinner, how about x at 7pm on Monday?"

Thoughts?

Im 26. She's early 30s. I found an article in a local magazine about her where she mentioned which bars she likes to attend

Since shes' locally famous, she probably has a million guys chasing her. But who knows? I would ask her for her phone number and go from there, it's a lot easier than trying to negotiate a date through email/messages. If she won't go for that, she's definitely not interested.

loveweary11

Finesse her a little bit more first.

She, no doubt, has her pick of tons of guys. You've got to stand out. You haven't built enough rapport yet to ask her out.

Ideas:

They usually are involved in charities, etc. Scour her Twitter and get involved in one.

Do something to get her a good story if possible.

Get noticed by her BEFORE you ask her out. That's the power of social media.

Tweet about something you have in common (charity, favorite places to go, etc)

After she sees some of that, send her a private and ask her to join you somewhere for one of these common interests.

THEN ask her out.

My 2 cents from a guy who has actually never been turned down (dumped, sure...lol), but has always got any girl like what you are trying to do,

Resume: Got Jessica Alba interested before she was famous but went with a hotter girl I was more into, :lmao:

Also dated a world famous pianist, several known models and a couple of adult film stars. One of the much younger girls I'm seeing now was stopped on the street while walking with me for a real fashionable who's who of South Beach. A well known magazine. impromptu photoshoot and she's in the magazine. Also she's on a couple reality tv shows.

That's the resume. You need PERFECT game to attain girls like the news anchor. You are moving way too fast to ask her out after a private message.

Edited by loveweary11
  • Like 1

I guess I would have responded immediately with "Off to dinner, and it doesn't include me? We have to remedy that sometime!"

• Author
I guess I would have responded immediately with "Off to dinner, and it doesn't include me? We have to remedy that sometime!"

that is a good one.

• Like 1

Oh, and please don't stalk her activities. Nothing creeps me out more than a guy who stalks what I do and then tries to use it as conversation openers.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
Oh, and please don't stalk her activities. Nothing creeps me out more than a guy who stalks what I do and then tries to use it as conversation openers.

oh yeah, me 2. You have to be super super careful about that and using sparingly and only if 100% true.

• Like 1
loveweary11

Yeah, this part is very, very tricky.

It has to be genuine and such that she thinks he was into it from the start.

He must be in the game, but not of the game..... :cool::lmao:

• Like 1
I posted a funny tweet about sports that caught her eye and she RT it. She followed me back on Twitter, and I sent her a private message saying thanks for the follow and said "I promise you I'm not usually this funny ;)." She replied, "Haha no problem. Have a good night, I'm off to dinner!"

She is hot as hell, and a local news reporter. Her reply of "off to dinner" sounded like she wasn't interested, but I still wanna take a shot.

I want to be like, "speaking of dinner, how about x at 7pm on Monday?"

Thoughts?

Im 26. She's early 30s. I found an article in a local magazine about her where she mentioned which bars she likes to attend

If you are in the media or have some type of great job I don't see what chance you have

Unless you have reasons to be in her life I don't think you have a shot. You need to find a way to network your way into an introduction. Until you get that personal interaction going, just some random guy she follows on twitter will get you nowhere.

Thoughts?

We used to call them the Nielsen Ratings. The more people that watched the higher the rankings the more ad revenues could be gleaned from advertisers. I'll bet you're paying more attention to the local news of late, eh?

Women are smart, especially those who can make a name for themselves in media.

Since I've lived in the same market nearly 56 years now, I came to know a couple over the decades, but never as introductions, rather running into them during volunteer stuff and, frankly, didn't even know they were media folks when meeting/interacting with them. Why? Didn't watch the local news! Still, it's marketing, like with local politicians, businesspeople, etc. IMO, it's a dry hole but you've received some good drilling instructions and have the rig set up so, hey, do a few turns and see what happens.

Having worked in news media my whole career, don't make more out of this than what it is. There is a difference between a quick repartee with a viewer (which is how she views you) and you having an entree into asking her out. What may happen is if she gets creeped out, she'll forward your twitter messages to the station's lawyers and they'll keep an eye on anything sent to her account.

• Like 1