Is he interested and why did he do that?

yellowstar

I dated a guy one year ago. We broke it off after a bit because i asked for a relationship. I have feelings for him until now. I have tried until now two times to get closer with him. The first time he was with another girl. Now he is single and i was the one who made a move and started hanging out again. Three months ago i tried coming with him even closer and try to do things together but i saw him kind of distant so i said i'll leave him and move on. Just recently he told me out of the blue to go out with some other people. I accepted and went there. I thought he wanted something more. While we were out there was a girl with us there. We were all having fun and suddenly he told her to go out for a bit alone. I checked discreetly what was going on. They didn't kiss or anything only talking. He did this in front of me and he would show a bit of interest in her like talking and stuff. Why did he invite me and did that in front of me? Do you think he just doesn't even care? I showed him i'm interested since that i have asked him several times to go out three months ago. Really, is he playing with me or he just invited me friendly? If you have any questions regarding the whole situation feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer.

Edited by yellowstar

It seems like he put you in the friend zone. I would invite him out for coffee or something and explain to him that he is sending mixed signals. Tell him he is confusing you because you don't know if he is inviting you out as a friend or a romantic interest, since the two of you have dated in the past.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, cut all ties with him. If he doesn't try to make any moves by contacting you, you got your answer.

• Author
It seems like he put you in the friend zone. I would invite him out for coffee or something and explain to him that he is sending mixed signals. Tell him he is confusing you because you don't know if he is inviting you out as a friend or a romantic interest, since the two of you have dated in the past.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, cut all ties with him. If he doesn't try to make any moves by contacting you, you got your answer.

Just to know two months ago we exchanged some kisses casually. I told him two days ago to go for coffee and he was busy but told me we will go these days. Maybe tomorrow. I wait to see if he will tell me.

PinkElephants

He's turned you down 3 times. How many more times does he have to say he doesn't want to date you before you accept it?

If a man wants to be with you, he will be. No obstacle will keep him away. This guy rejected you, flirted with another girl in front of you and can't be bothered to get coffee. I'm curious why you think he's interested. My bet is he knows you're not going anywhere and he likes the attention even if he has no intention of committing to you.

I'll also bet you'll be back in 6 months saying "I've been sleeping with this guy for months and he won't date me. What do I do?" Save yourself the trouble and find someone who will respect your time and feelings.

• Author
He's turned you down 3 times. How many more times does he have to say he doesn't want to date you before you accept it?

If a man wants to be with you, he will be. No obstacle will keep him away. This guy rejected you, flirted with another girl in front of you and can't be bothered to get coffee. I'm curious why you think he's interested. My bet is he knows you're not going anywhere and he likes the attention even if he has no intention of committing to you.

I'll also bet you'll be back in 6 months saying "I've been sleeping with this guy for months and he won't date me. What do I do?" Save yourself the trouble and find someone who will respect your time and feelings.

I will just stop hanging out with him. Thank you. I will move on.

I agree. He likes the attention. It makes him feel good and he covers his insecurities. I will put an end to all these and move on.

My only question is if he tells me to go for coffee as we said should i or not?

PinkElephants

I wouldn't but it's your choice. He already turned you down for coffee once and talking to him about dating hasn't gotten you anywhere. So, would coffee with him benefit you in any way or would you feel more confused after?

He didn't want you when you asked for a relationship so why do you think he will ever want a relationship with you? He did that because he isn't interested in you, and he doesn't care how you feel about it. End of story.

I dated a guy one year ago. We broke it off after a bit because i asked for a relationship. I have feelings for him until now. I have tried until now two times to get closer with him. The first time he was with another girl. Now he is single and i was the one who made a move and started hanging out again. Three months ago i tried coming with him even closer and try to do things together but i saw him kind of distant so i said i'll leave him and move on. Just recently he told me out of the blue to go out with some other people. I accepted and went there. I thought he wanted something more. While we were out there was a girl with us there. We were all having fun and suddenly he told her to go out for a bit alone. I checked discreetly what was going on. They didn't kiss or anything only talking. He did this in front of me and he would show a bit of interest in her like talking and stuff. Why did he invite me and did that in front of me? Do you think he just doesn't even care? I showed him i'm interested since that i have asked him several times to go out three months ago. Really, is he playing with me or he just invited me friendly? If you have any questions regarding the whole situation feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer.

He isn't playing you! There isn't one thing from what you said above that indicates he's interested in you for dating. Everything above says you're chasing him without the slightest encouragement from him.

He invited you to hang with some friends that's all.

• Author
I wouldn't but it's your choice. He already turned you down for coffee once and talking to him about dating hasn't gotten you anywhere. So, would coffee with him benefit you in any way or would you feel more confused after?

He really had something to do and he needed much time about it. He said the truth. I agree with the part that he is just not interested.

• Author
He isn't playing you! There isn't one thing from what you said above that indicates he's interested in you for dating. Everything above says you're chasing him without the slightest encouragement from him.

He invited you to hang with some friends that's all.

I hadn't approached him for two months. I'm the last person he would choose to go out with because of the past we had. He could just go with his friends. Why suddenly when i stopped caring and showing interest in him he decided to invite me? He just likes the attention. He is just playing.

• Author
He's just not really interested in you. You are way low on his like list.

In fact i can tell you for sure he likes me. I'm not at all low in his like list. It's just that he knows i want a relationship with him and he can't give it to me but he also likes the attention he takes.

• Author

Non of all these matters. We want different things so i'll stop hanging out with him and move on. Thanks you all for helping me!:)

• Author

I would like to update you in something. I told you that he dated in front of me with another girl. They went out with some other people and they must have started dating since today. I have feeling for him and he doesn't know it. I was trying to seem friendly but i can't. I feel like telling him tomorrow to go out and tell him how i feel and then tell him that i don't see him friendly and then cut all contact. It's good i think to know at least the reason i want that so that he doesn't keep telling me to hang out together. As i said he invites me to do things together. What do you think? Should i do it or just move on and just cut all contact without saying anything. Although i don't like doing something like that out of nowhere.