Would you date a woman who smokes pot?

Hopeful30

Let's say moderately, so a few times a week. And no, she isn't the stereotype, she's just a regular girl who you would otherwise have no idea she smokes until she tells you.

Thoughts?

I don't think light use is anything to worry about, as long as she has her life together. I know a lot of really cute girls who have a great life, and you'd never think they smoke pot. And well... in the right social situation they'll smoke some pot. It's really not a huge deal unless its something you're against.

• Like 2
Let's say moderately, so a few times a week. And no, she isn't the stereotype, she's just a regular girl who you would otherwise have no idea she smokes until she tells you.

Thoughts?

no way, disgusting. and illegal. why would anyone put drugs into themselves, unless it's for medical reasons. that's the single valid exception.

no way, disgusting. and illegal. why would anyone put drugs into themselves, unless it's for medical reasons. that's the single valid exception.

I don't currently smoke it myself (I've dabbled in the past though), but as far as drugs go it's probably one of the most harmless drugs that you can put into your system.

What we really need to talk about is the amphetamines doctors are giving kids for ADHD, that **** is REALLY Bad for you.

• Like 6
  • Author

Even if it's for medical reasons, it's still pot. Hmmm..so basically if there is a good reason to do it, it's acceptable, and if it's recreational, it's not?

Just trying to figure out what the perceptions on it are. Because "medicinal" marijuana is regular marijuana lol they just add "medicinal" to make it sound more acceptable, but it's really all the same lol

I would. No problem. I see it as the equivalent of drinking alcohol a few times a week. But then again I live in Colorado.

I'd buy her a vape pen though. Who actually lights the stuff on fire anymore? So uncivilized...

• Like 7
OK :)

No, I would not date a woman who smokes pot.

Yes or No is pretty meaningless unless you have a reason behind it.

• Like 2
  • Author

I'd buy her a vape pen though. Who actually lights the stuff on fire anymore? So uncivilized...

Bahaha! Oh Colorado... <3

• Like 1
PegNosePete
Yes or No is pretty meaningless unless you have a reason behind it.

Because I do not want to date a woman who smokes pot.

It's dangerous to health, smells, is illegal and involves hanging around (or at the very least having dealings with) shady individuals (drug dealers).

• Like 2
Even if it's for medical reasons, it's still pot. Hmmm..so basically if there is a good reason to do it, it's acceptable, and if it's recreational, it's not?

Just trying to figure out what the perceptions on it are. Because "medicinal" marijuana is regular marijuana lol they just add "medicinal" to make it sound more acceptable, but it's really all the same lol

if she's using to it avoid pain it wouldn't matter. if she's using it for recreation no I wouldn't, I also would date her if she likes to get drunk. rather date someone who doesn't have to constantly put that stuff in.

• Author
Because I do not want to date a woman who smokes pot.

It's dangerous to health, smells, is illegal and involves hanging around (or at the very least having dealings with) shady individuals (drug dealers).

Those are valid reasons even though they don't apply to many smokers.

But lemme ask you this then: she's ideal for you. Everything you wanted in a woman, but she smokes occasionally.

Still a no?

Those are valid reasons even though they don't apply to many smokers.

But lemme ask you this then: she's ideal for you. Everything you wanted in a woman, but she smokes occasionally.

Still a no?

drugs are a huge negative

littlesister1234

I guess it depends if you can accept something like that. I personally do not like men who smoke pot, but that is just cause I have never been interested in pot, and don't really care to hang out with people who do (I agree with the another comment, it's illegal in my country and I don't really care to be involved with drug dealers.) If it doesn't bother you, then go for it. If you can't accept something like that, then don't.

Well it's pretty much impossible to overdose on pot, and aside from smoking it causing lung problems similar to smoking, there really aren't many health risks aside from behavioral changes, although everyone reacts differently. Vaping is probably the way to go, I tried it once and it was great.

Just like some people don't approve of alcohol, some people don't approve of pot, so it isn't for everyone.

• Like 2

Thoughts?

If I lived in Colorado or another locale where it was legal, I'd see it no differently than my best friend and I having a couple beers after work. Personal preference, social interaction and drive sober.

Here in Cali, while, if disinterested in anything long-term and committed, I might date a woman who uses marijuana, and plenty my age do, I wouldn't involve myself to the extent where I might be drawn into their own potential matters with the law. At my age, I have no interest in that. Substitute anything else for MJ and I'd opine exactly the same. The exception might be, since I have some female friends who are currently using MJ (in forms other than smoking) adjunct to their cancer treatments, people for whom it is a legal medication. I know when I'm drinking my beer or vodka that it's not assuaging the pain of or in any way treating a physical ailment. I drink it because I like it and, yup, it's legal to do that.

• Like 1

I'd have no problem dating a guy who smokes. I don't partake myself, but see nothing wrong with others enjoying it.

It's not illegal in a handful of states and won't be illegal in the majority of them in the near future. I can't really relate to those who still look at a flower like its so dangerous and bad.

• Like 5
Michelle ma Belle

I don't know but if she's lighting up a few times a week...that's NOT insignificant in my opinion.

The bigger question is can she stop smoking it as often or if you asked her to stop smoking?

If the answer is no then it not only raises a red flag but will likely become an even bigger issue moving forward especially if you're not one to light up with her each time.

I'm no prude and have been known to spark up on the very rare occasion. Unlike most people who smoke pot, it's not something I particularly enjoy all that much and definitely not something I want in my life on a regular basis.

If the object of my affection was smoking several times a week, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Depends on the amount and person. It's prescription drugs and alcohol I have a problem with. I've seen those even being legal with a supposed medical reason ruin people's life's and minds. Hang around someone that's been given 40-80mg of adderall or bloody zananex or soma. Junkies with a legal and medical excuse to never come down.

Pothead no, get exposed to some of the zingers I have on legal meth and acid...would wish more people just smoked a bit occasionally.

blackcat777

Well, if you live somewhere it's not illegal, then it's not illegal. A little bit of cannabis is a fantastic aphrodisiac. ;)

If a man felt threatened or offended by my right to explore my own consciousness, that would be an absolute dealbreaker for me.

All of that being said, trying to date someone who is herb-friendly, but not an irresponsible skidball is another matter entirely.

When I lived somewhere it was A-OK to do so, I smoked about 1/4 a year by myself, usually just a nip for period cramps. A lot of smokers could smoke that in a week. I never drove while stoned, I never ever smoked before work. I never dealt with shady individuals because it was legal to grow where I used to live, and I bought (and was often gifted) from a girlfriend who grew for herself. If anyone considered that a dealbreaker, I would run hard and fast from a person who felt a need to judge for something like that.

I am hugely pro-psychedelic, for medical applications and personal growth. There's a wealth of information to support they can be medicines... WHEN NOT ABUSED. Keyword is abuse.

So, for me, the question is, is a person's use constructive and geared toward self-improvement, or is it destructive? Does it interfere with forming healthy relationships? Is it an escape? (I run just as quickly from the escapists.) Do they engage in reckless behavior? Does their personality change under the influence? Do they lie, generally? Do they pressure others to consume along with them? Do they neglect responsibilities? It is under these criteria, IMHO, a person should form opinions about a user of any substance in regards to dating... this includes alcohol and prescription drugs, too. It's uneducated to pigeonhole all users for all reasons of all dosages with all personal boundaries (or lack thereof) under the same umbrella.

Sadly, a lot of people are escapists. Lots of people self-harm and neglect important parts of life for "medical usage." But not everyone. It comes down to getting to know a person. Lots of awesome people have it all together and smoke weed, too.

• Like 4