Now this does not happen to ME too often during a 1st phone conversation lol

Someone gave me their number to call them tonight and I called so we can touch base. So we seemed to be hitting it off the first 5 mins and laughing a little and then all of sudden after 10 mins she says

"Can I call you back, I really need to take this call"

So of course I said yeah and don't have any intentions on speaking to her again. I don't often have someone click over during the first ten minutes of our conversation so she just made it real easy for me to delete her number. I would never click over when I am speaking to someone for the first time. This is so rare that I can't even remember the last time this happened to me. I know for a fact it wasn't in 2014 or 2013.

I can just imagine what a woman would be saying if a GUY did that lol. When I ended conversations I just make up a lie to get off the phone not CLICK OVER to take another call.

Edited by smg15
  • Like 1
DoesntGetIt

Sure, seems it could be rude, and probably was.

But at the same point it could have been an emergency as well.

• Like 2
Lernaean_Hydra

People tend to have lives outside of talking to strangers from OLD so I don't really see it as some sort of personal affront.

When I using OLD, there were a few times when I had to click over or call someone back because another (temporarily) more important call was on the other line or vice versa. Work things, family things, life things happen and a person you have never met and are just barely getting to know typically does not take precedence over someone else in your life 100% of the time.

• Like 2

Yea, you should give her a break. You don't know what she had going on before she started talking to you. A sick relative, mom, dad, brother, sister trumps someone you just met online. If she doesn't call you back then of course you won't be talking to her again, either way.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
Yea, you should give her a break. You don't know what she had going on before she started talking to you. A sick relative, mom, dad, brother, sister trumps someone you just met online. If she doesn't call you back then of course you won't be talking to her again, either way.

This. You have no idea who was on the other line. Wait and see if she calls back before getting offended.

• Like 1

Must you always think the worst about people?

I have of long list of people I would cut you off to take their call. I have a life outside of OLD and people that depend on me.

Years ago I was on a 1st date and I saw my brother kept calling but I ignored his call not wanting to appear rude to my date. Turned out my brother had an emergency with his children. I still beat myself over it. Now when certain calls come in I apologize and pick up.

• Like 4
Someone gave me their number to call them tonight and I called so we can touch base. So we seemed to be hitting it off the first 5 mins and laughing a little and then all of sudden after 10 mins she says

"Can I call you back, I really need to take this call"

So of course I said yeah and don't have any intentions on speaking to her again. I don't often have someone click over during the first ten minutes of our conversation so she just made it real easy for me to delete her number. I would never click over when I am speaking to someone for the first time. This is so rare that I can't even remember the last time this happened to me. I know for a fact it wasn't in 2014 or 2013.

I can just imagine what a woman would be saying if a GUY did that lol. When I ended conversations I just make up a lie to get off the phone not CLICK OVER to take another call.

it happens all the time. in the middle of a sentence she'll quickly say "I have to take this call. I'll call back in a few minutes." She usually doesn't call back or once she called back a week later and the same thing happened again.

Edited by yarps
Must you always think the worst about people?

I have of long list of people I would cut you off to take their call. I have a life outside of OLD and people that depend on me.

Years ago I was on a 1st date and I saw my brother kept calling but I ignored his call not wanting to appear rude to my date. Turned out my brother had an emergency with his children. I still beat myself over it. Now when certain calls come in I apologize and pick up.

it's rarely an emergency or family member. it's usually a promise to call back in a few minutes and leave me waiting an hour. it's a time waster. the couple times when a woman had a legit emergency she called me back or texted me and didn't feed me the call back in a few minutes lie.

• Author

She killed the Momentum and it would be hard to gain it back after she called back.

If that happened after 40 mins then maybe I would have been cool but I believe it was about 6 mins after we said Hello

Maybe she had a work thing or something. You should probably at least find out if she actually calls you back.

Don't take everything personally.

So what's the deal with ME being all caps in the title? Why wouldn't someone prefer to take another call at that time? Are you by chance Donald Trump or similar?

Edited by Buddhist
  • Like 1
fitnessfan365
So what's the deal with ME being all caps in the title? Why wouldn't someone quickly lose interest and make up an excuse to hang up on you? Are you by chance Donald Trump or similar?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahaha.. This was actually funny. Buddhist I know we disagree on relationship dynamics, but you've got a good sense of humor. So that makes up for your other viewpoint. :p

• Author

Once someone shows me they are a person who clicks over when they line beeps during the first 5 min of a first conversation I lose interest.

If I had answered the phone when she called back she may have done the same thing again. So the momentum was killed with her beeping over so early in the conversation.

ExpatInItaly
Once someone shows me they are a person who clicks over when they line beeps during the first 5 min of a first conversation I lose interest.

If I had answered the phone when she called back she may have done the same thing again. So the momentum was killed with her beeping over so early in the conversation.

I think you're overestimating your own importance to a relative stranger. Sour grapes, man.

• Like 4

You do realize she clicked over because she lost interest in you first, right? RIGHT?

Why were you going on for 10 minutes? Just set up a date and be over with it. Your "rules" and your "games" for dating are a little TOO much sometimes.

• Like 1
compulsivedancer

I had a previous job where the media called me at all kinds of odd hours, and where it was my job to handle the media in case of an emergency. While it didn't happen often, if it did happen, I had to take the call.

And she called you right back, so it's not like she wasn't interested, but you just left her hanging. Now who's being an ass?

• Like 1
  • Author
I think you're overestimating your own importance to a relative stranger. Sour grapes, man.

She is still texting me and has no idea the "fire went out":D

• Author
You do realize she clicked over because she lost interest in you first, right? RIGHT?

Why were you going on for 10 minutes? Just set up a date and be over with it. Your "rules" and your "games" for dating are a little TOO much sometimes.

Well why did she call back later that night? Sent a text on Monday, and another today?

Women has to understand when the fire GOES OUT, nothing can be done to lit it up again.

• Author
I had a previous job where the media called me at all kinds of odd hours, and where it was my job to handle the media in case of an emergency. While it didn't happen often, if it did happen, I had to take the call.

And she called you right back, so it's not like she wasn't interested, but you just left her hanging. Now who's being an ass?

she called back in a hour, fire was out by that time

It was already starting to fizzle when we hung up. She may have prevented from going out completely if she called back in 10 mins

Dude, I'm a big advocate of playing hard to get, but you are going overboard.

She's calling you and texting you, she's interested. Call her back and make a date.

You have to be tactful with playing hard to get, or you are just spinning your wheels.

she called back in a hour, fire was out by that time

it was already starting to fizzle when we hung up. She may have prevented from going out completely if she called back in 10 mins

who do you think you are.

• Author
who do you think you are.

Just a regular who was in position to get to know someone on my day off but the convo was cut short suddenly and I moved on to other activities

She probably had something up she needed to deal with. And she took an hour to take care of that and got back to you. Sounds very legit to me.

Or do you think getting to know you on your day off is the most important thing in the universe

Just a regular who was in position to get to know someone on my day off but the convo was cut short suddenly and I moved on to other activities

And how had this been working for you?

Last time you've had a long-term relationship? Last time you seriously dated?

What others have said: WAY TOO HARSH.

• Like 1