25 and never been in a relationship!

NoUsernameLeft1990

NoUsernameLeft1990

I'm nearly 25 years old and I've never been in a serious relationship. I feel like life is passing me by and I'm left on the sidelines watching on my own! Am I the only one?

I'm nearly 25 years old and I've never been in a serious relationship. I feel like life is passing me by and I'm left on the sidelines watching on my own! Am I the only one?

I've been in 1 serious relationship and that's it. I'm 24.

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
have you dated anyone before? if so, like just dates, short-term/casual,hookup...etc.?

Apart from a "boyfriend" in high school which consisted of holding hands and kissing lol I've only had casual hook ups. Never been on a date. I worry that I've set my standards too high and I'm waiting for the right guy. To top it all off I have no idea how to approach a guy. I'm a terrible flirt!

Apart from a "boyfriend" in high school which consisted of holding hands and kissing lol I've only had casual hook ups. Never been on a date. I worry that I've set my standards too high and I'm waiting for the right guy. To top it all off I have no idea how to approach a guy. I'm a terrible flirt!

Lol guys don't approach you?

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
Lol guys don't approach you?

No. I'm fairly quiet and shy and really don't know how to approach a guy. I very rarely have a guy interested in me.

No. I'm fairly quiet and shy and really don't know how to approach a guy. I very rarely have a guy interested in me.

You probably have guys interested in you more than you think. I have the same troubles you do though, I'm shy and don't know how to approach girls lol! Girls have it easier in these situations!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
You probably have guys interested in you more than you think. I have the same troubles you do though, I'm shy and don't know how to approach girls lol! Girls have it easier in these situations!

Maybe... If they are interested, I certainly don't know about it!

Well I am 31 and never had a long term relationship before.

Guy will see it as a bad or good thing . It could be bad in this way you might be unsure what you want in a guy and good in this way you do not have an Std or a baby daddy drama.

Maybe... If they are interested, I certainly don't know about it!

Really? Guys don't give you obvious compliments like "hey beautiful" or "you look nice"? Guys usually make it obvious. No matter how creepy LOL!

I'm about 2 years younger than you and haven't been in a serious relationship yet either. I've always been "together" with guys (couple of months each with no titles) or I either had like random hookups.

I understand where you are coming from. The great thing though, you have met guys and been together with them in some way. Maybe it's not the way you wanted it to be lol, but you've gained that experience of talking to them or getting to know them (again even for a short amount of time.) You let your guard down in those situations- and you should be proud of yourself for even putting yourself out there.

dating is hard. Some people meet others and they click and things work out. For others, it can be harder to find that person we "click" with. I know it sounds cliche and all, but you truly are very young. We both are!

Try your hardest to keep putting yourself out there. Be focused more on making friends with different people and experiencing new places and things (i'm sure you're bound to meet someone :). keep expanding your horizons.

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
Really? Guys don't give you obvious compliments like "hey beautiful" or "you look nice"? Guys usually make it obvious. No matter how creepy LOL!

Nope! I get the occasional 60 year old creep checking me out at work, but that's it!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
Well I am 31 and never had a long term relationship before.

Guy will see it as a bad or good thing . It could be bad in this way you might be unsure what you want in a guy and good in this way you do not have an Std or a baby daddy drama.

Definitely no baby daddy drama here! I guess most guys see it as a bad thing in my case.

If you are shy, you might be giving them the impression you are not interested or are unapproachable.

Nope! I get the occasional 60 year old creep checking me out at work, but that's it!

That's gross lol! Well idk. Do you go out? I guess all I can say is when you're out. Don't be afraid to talk to a guy. Even though you're shy, as a girl, you have the talking part so much easier! Like guys get nervous around pretty girls, or girls in general. Girls don't typically get nervous around guys. You have the upper hand!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
I'm about 2 years younger than you and haven't been in a serious relationship yet either. I've always been "together" with guys (couple of months each with no titles) or I either had like random hookups.

I understand where you are coming from. The great thing though, you have met guys and been together with them in some way. Maybe it's not the way you wanted it to be lol, but you've gained that experience of talking to them or getting to know them (again even for a short amount of time.) You let your guard down in those situations- and you should be proud of yourself for even putting yourself out there.

dating is hard. Some people meet others and they click and things work out. For others, it can be harder to find that person we "click" with. I know it sounds cliche and all, but you truly are very young. We both are!

Try your hardest to keep putting yourself out there. Be focused more on making friends with different people and experiencing new places and things (i'm sure you're bound to meet someone :). keep expanding your horizons.

Certainly not exactly how I'd like, but yeah that's true. At least it's some life experience. I've always been friends with guys but it never goes any further than that really.

It really helps hearing that and knowing I'm not totally weird for still being single! Thank you :)

Definitely no baby daddy drama here! I guess most guys see it as a bad thing in my case.

In my opinion, if I had to choose between a girl that's shy and hasn't been with a lot of guys, or a girls that's not shy and has been in many relationships, I'd choose the shy girl everytime!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
That's gross lol! Well idk. Do you go out? I guess all I can say is when you're out. Don't be afraid to talk to a guy. Even though you're shy, as a girl, you have the talking part so much easier! Like guys get nervous around pretty girls, or girls in general. Girls don't typically get nervous around guys. You have the upper hand!

To be honest, I don't really go out and socialize a lot. I need to push myself to go out more and approach guys.

I get really nervous around cute guys all the time! The only time I talk to cute guys is when I'm at work and that's because I have to lol!

To be honest, I don't really go out and socialize a lot. I need to push myself to go out more and approach guys.

I get really nervous around cute guys all the time! The only time I talk to cute guys is when I'm at work and that's because I have to lol!

LOL! Well you shouldn't be nervous, they should be! And they more than likely are! I don't go out much either...I'm not a huge fan of the stuff my friends like to do (party, clubs, drinking a lot). I need to start though!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
LOL! Well you shouldn't be nervous, they should be! And they more than likely are! I don't go out much either...I'm not a huge fan of the stuff my friends like to do (party, clubs, drinking a lot). I need to start though!

I'm the same! I don't drink and don't really do the whole clubbing thing either.

Is it like the whole "It's more afraid of you, than you are of it!" Lol!

• Like 1
I'm the same! I don't drink and don't really do the whole clubbing thing either.

Is it like the whole "It's more afraid of you, than you are of it!" Lol!

Exactly, it's like when you see a spider and you scream, yet he's running For his life lol!

That's how it is with guys, even if they're cute lol!

I wish I enjoyed drinking and the whole club scene like most people our age, but it's just not fun to me!

• Author
NoUsernameLeft1990
Exactly, it's like when you see a spider and you scream, yet he's running For his life lol!

That's how it is with guys, even if they're cute lol!

I wish I enjoyed drinking and the whole club scene like most people our age, but it's just not fun to me!

Haha I like that comparison! I wish I enjoy that scene too, but I can't drink. After about 2 drinks, I feel sick! Which is a shame because it helps relax me and gives me more confidence too!

To be honest, I don't really go out and socialize a lot.

And there it is.

Why do criminals rob banks?

Because that's where the money is.

Haha I like that comparison! I wish I enjoy that scene too, but I can't drink. After about 2 drinks, I feel sick! Which is a shame because it helps relax me and gives me more confidence too!

I drank for the first time about 8 months ago...I drank 3 beers and a few shots of something lol. I felt no different after lol. If only I enjoyed it, I'd have more friends and things to do!

Mrlonelyone

You know what else you aren't due to not having been in a super serious relationship? Scarred by the fall out when "serious" relationships fail. "Serious" is in quotes because people your age think serious is one thing people my age 10 years older think of something else entirely.

This way when you start the first serious relationship at 25 or older you'll be a more wise and mature person as you do it.