Feels like I'm screwing up no matter what I do

randomacct1

randomacct1

Was going out with a woman for a month and a half. Nothing she told me she doesn't feel the chemistry and would better off be friends. Honestly, there was little reaction from me, the dating scene had been so amazingly bad for me the last year I know I've becoming amazingly jaded/stoic. I just said no problem, I enjoyed our time together, and gave her a hug before walking off.

The thing is I had been seeing another woman for about a month and I know she is definitely more into I am than the other way around. She has zero issue with letting it be known. I do like her a lot but had felt Woman #1 and I were more compatible. So now I'm kinda left only with her, again I do like her a lot but I can't shake the feeling I'm only 'rebounding' with her and she definitely doesn't deserve to be simply 'settled' for.

As I said before, romance has been terrible for me for such a long time now and I'm amazingly tired. Woman #2 was aware I was seeing #1, I had been very blunt with her about that so she wouldn't mistake and when we spoke about it she seemed OK with it so it's not like it was all going on behind her back, though she had told me she wasn't seeing anyone else though.

I don't know.

elliecoffee

Don't think too much and just enjoy life. It doesn't matter what happened in the past but what's happening right now. Woman 1 told you you guys are better as friends so, don't go back there believing something may happen. Woman 2 well, try to think what's awesome about her rather than feeling guilty for spending time together. If nothing good comes up after you thought about it and you still feel that relationship is going nowhere, end it :).

fitnessfan365

I can relate dude.

In the past, I would jump into one relationship after the next based on sex and passion never taking the time to get to really know them. So it lead to countless 3-6 month flings. Then I finally managed to have a decent LTR with my last ex GF. But ultimately we weren't a good fit.

So I forced myself to take a year off from women. Not only did it give me a chance to get over her. but it gave me time to get some perspective on the mistakes I was making. Maybe that's what you need to do. Take a break from women and the dating scene for awhile. Examine the mistakes you're making that are preventing you from finding a woman that makes you happy.

• Author
randomacct1

The 'funny' thing is that I'm just about to approach my 1 year mark of breaking up with my ex-gf, a relationship that went for 4 years. I know I'm over here, I don't have any desire to see her. I think I'm done with any arbitrary wait time after a breakup. I always try to be myself when dating, yeah maybe the 'best' of myself on the first few dates but I just don't get it .

fitnessfan365
The 'funny' thing is that I'm just about to approach my 1 year mark of breaking up with my ex-gf, a relationship that went for 4 years. I know I'm over here, I don't have any desire to see her. I think I'm done with any arbitrary wait time after a breakup. I always try to be myself when dating, yeah maybe the 'best' of myself on the first few dates but I just don't get it .

Well here's a question. Do you get the 'friends" speech a lot?

todreaminblue

hey random,

i know that if you havent got your heart into dating someone it often wont work because it isnt meant to be that way you are meant to feel a certain investment and excitement about dating someone......

as far as you feeling compatible with woman one...she didnt feel it......so no you werent compatible.....

in a relationship i dont feel that it is often ever equal.....one person in the relationship often feels more for the other...its just the nature of the beast....mutual interest though is needed ...doesnt have to be the same level...for that is very hard to determine......

i think you should give woman 2 a chance if you enjoy her company and look forward to seeing her when you do date...if you dont...then let her go find someone who does....i wish you well and hope you have happiness whatever you decide to do......good luck...deb

• Author
randomacct1
Well here's a question. Do you get the 'friends" speech a lot?

Not really, this would be the first within the last yearish.

Most would have been essentially mutual fades and one was a I don't think we should see each other anymore while she cried. That one was a bit of drama so it was probably for the best to cut all ties.