Would guys have an issue with dating a tall woman?

BlackOpsZombieGirl

BlackOpsZombieGirl

I have only met one guy in my entire life that had an issue with my height; but that was probably because he was 5'6". I dated him right after I graduated from college. He was a gentleman, he was sweet and he was introverted but would loosen up whenever I'd crack a joke or used my sarcasm to get him to laugh. On our first date, he took me to a dance club because I told him during our phone convo how much I loved to dance.

When he picked me up and saw me standing at the doorway in my 3 inch heels, he looked as if he'd seen a ghost. I asked him what was up and he smiled and said 'nothing' and then we proceeded to drive to the club. When he walked around the passenger side to let me out, I stood up and I was looking down at him. He gave me that same look again. I didn't say anything and we went into the club. All throughout the evening, he hardly asked me to dance. I knew that he had an issue with my height, but he wasn't honest enough to come out and tell me that he didn't feel comfortable standing next to me or even dancing with me. His behavior and attitude had put a damper on the entire evening.

When it was over and he dropped me off, I finally got it out of him through talking about it. He apologized and said that it was something he just couldn't ignore because it made him feel emasculated. At least he was nice about it though, which helped me to not feel so bad about making someone unintentionally uncomfortable with something physical about myself that I had no control over.:( We said our goodbyes right then and there and he hugged me. Even the hug felt awkward.:sick:

I'm 5'7" and it's more noticeable when I wear heels, which is basically whenever I go out somewhere swanky, to certain venues or on a special occasion. Besides the short guy from my college days, I've never had any man have an issue with how tall I am in heels; in fact, I've had a few guys say they thought it was "hot" because they liked how long and lithe my legs looked.

I'd really like the guys in this forum to be totally frank about the question I'm asking. Because I've noticed that besides me, there are other tall gals here who are probably curious about this as well. In the end, we all are attracted to who we're attracted to...but, as a tall woman, it's something that I've always wondered about. I think this is part of the reason that I'm into tall guys (5'10" - 6'2"); our bodies just seem to fit together better, whether we're hugging or um, in other types of positions.:o:p

Shining One

I'm 5'11" and I dated a woman who was 6'2" (without heels). With the exception of her constantly banging into the light under my ceiling fan while wearing her 4" heels, we had no issues. She was also the only woman I knew who had no issues with the large original Xbox controller. I miss those long nights of Dead or Alive 3 matches.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

To me it doesn't matter how tall a woman is. But I know some women are looking for guys 6'2" to 6'4". The doc said I was supposed to be 6'2" because I was 5'8" in the 7th grade. Unfortunately, I only grew another 3 inches to 5'11"..LOL

But longer legs definitely look great with skirts and heels, so I say bring on the height,:)

Canyon Light

I mentioned in the other thread regarding height I am 5'9.

It is not an entity for me when it comes to attraction. I will date shorter, taller, doesn't matter.

when I was 20 I probably would have felt weird about dating a girl a bit taller then me, but back then I assumed that taller girls wanted taller guys so I never really hit on them seriously. Its not like the taller girls were getting ignored by taller guys and so had to be open to whatever when it came to a bf. If a tall girl that I fancied had started flirting with me it would have made me changed my perception and my attraction to her would have over ridden any bias that I thought taller girls had. A friend of mine who dated a taller girl got ribbed often about it by other guys, which I am sure other guys picked up on.

I would have no problem dating a woman that was taller then me (in high heels or not), if I found her attractive, but I still do think the vast majority of them have an automatic bias for tall men (which I don't blame them but if its an slightly above average height woman who needs 4" + 4" for her heels, that's crap). It goes both ways -guys feeling emasculated and women having hang ups over feeling less feminine and dainty.

• Like 1

I have no issues dating a woman a couple of inches taller than me, I'm 5'5.

The only thing that would bother me is if she has a problem with it.

My friend is a 6 foot tall woman.

She has a gorgeous face and plenty of men think she is gorgeous. Pretty much every man who encounters her does. She has no issue with finding boyfriends who are head over heels for her.

It is about how attractive you look in the face and whether you are a "big" girl; slender or average built tall women with pretty faces do not have issues regarding their height, unless they are RIDICULOUSLY tall.......

I am 5 '6. I wear heals on top of it sometimes. No man has ever complained....

RenegadeMonster

I honestly wouldn't have a problem dating a taller women.

I'm a little over 5'8" and have never dated a taller women, but it's something I want to try. I have always been attracted to taller girls with an athletic build just as much as I am attracted to the shorter country girls.

For what ever reason those too types of girls the most.

Some guys run the opposite direction when they see a taller girl or a girl close to their height. I have also heard taller girls complain that 9 times out of 10 the taller guys will date a shorter girl. Though I doubt that percentage is correct.

One thing to consider if you are looking to date a guy close to your height or or a little shorter is don't play hard to get. Drop hints and show that you are interested. But don't over do it or be to obvious. There are plenty of guys out there who would date a woman close to their height or a little taller, but they may lack the confidence to ask you out at first as most girls out there would reject a guy for being close in height and especially shorter and that can effect some guys confidence / they are afraid of being rejected over height.

StringsAndSticks

True story: I remember very vividly the first time I met my ex-girlfriend in person. She was running a little late (like she always did, LOL), so I was waiting for her in the hotel lobby. I saw her walk in, and she just couldn't have looked more beautiful... this gorgeous ivory dress, with a black top, and she was wearing wedges on her feet... probably about 4" high. She walked up to me, and when she was standing there right in front of me, I remember looking up at her and thinking "oh my goodness, that is so hot!" She was just a little bit taller than me when we weren't wearing shoes, so when she would wear something with a heel on it, it would amplify this "looking up at her" situation. The ONLY issue that I had was wondering if my height bothered HER (I'm 5' 7"). What I'm getting at is, I don't think that a woman's height bothers a guy. The problem that he has, is worrying if she looks down at him (no pun intended) in some way because of it. I hope that makes sense.

Long legs are hot. Plus I like being able to makeout without having to stoop. Granted I am 6'2 ... ;)

The last girl I dated was 5'11, the tallest I've been with so far - and it was nice! :D lol.

It's pretty obvious from most of the posts here that men do not have an issue with dating a tall women.

The only men who would are men who are self-conscious about their own height.

I'm 5'7" and it's more noticeable when I wear heels

5'7" isn't really tall, I'm 5'9 and you'd still be the same height if not shorter even with heels (assuming yours is 3" and my shoes are 1"). Actually most girls I date are in the 5'5-5'7 range anyway.

Edited by wb1988

The only way I'll talk to girl to a tall girl is if she can dunk a ball. If she can't,

she's just a disappointment to me.

SteelPanther

I often thought I wouldn't date a tall woman (I'm 5' 10" so average height) but my last exgf was 6' 1" and I really didn't notice or care because we had a good relationship.

It all comes down to how much you like the person.

• Author
BlackOpsZombieGirl
True story: I remember very vividly the first time I met my ex-girlfriend in person. She was running a little late (like she always did, LOL), so I was waiting for her in the hotel lobby. I saw her walk in, and she just couldn't have looked more beautiful... this gorgeous ivory dress, with a black top, and she was wearing wedges on her feet... probably about 4" high. She walked up to me, and when she was standing there right in front of me, I remember looking up at her and thinking "oh my goodness, that is so hot!" She was just a little bit taller than me when we weren't wearing shoes, so when she would wear something with a heel on it, it would amplify this "looking up at her" situation. The ONLY issue that I had was wondering if my height bothered HER (I'm 5' 7"). What I'm getting at is, I don't think that a woman's height bothers a guy. The problem that he has, is worrying if she looks down at him (no pun intended) in some way because of it. I hope that makes sense.

Your reaction to your ex-gf's height when you first went out with her wearing heels was the exact opposite reaction to the guy I spoke about in my OP lol. Your thoughts when you saw her - and especially when she stood right in front of you - were positive and complimentary.:) Ya know, I really do empathize with guys who are shorter than average; because that's just one aspect of their physicality that women would turn them down for, in much the same way some aspect(s) of my physicality is something that guys would turn me down for.

Believe it or not, there are guys out there who I'd want to date who wouldn't even consider dating me because they feel that my hair is too long (I'll NEVER cut it short!), my breasts are too small (they prefer D cups or larger) and don't like dating women of Latin descent. In the past, this used to bother me - a LOT. But then one day, I just chalked it up to the simple fact that those were just some guys' preferences - not ALL of them, and that it didn't mean the end of the world for me. I'll admit, sometimes it stings a little, but, since I have my own physical preferences of the guys I'm physically attracted to, it's just something that I have to accept if I want to continue to date men.

5'7" isn't really tall, I'm 5'9 and you'd still be the same height if not shorter even with heels (assuming yours is 3" and my shoes are 1"). Actually most girls I date are in the 5'5-5'7 range anyway.

Really? You don't think 5'7" is really that tall, even with heels? That made me smile. I'm usually attracted to guys who are 5'10" or taller, but, 5'9" is only an inch shorter. Besides, if he has other physical attributes that attracted me and if his personality was awesome, then I most likely wouldn't mind that he's 2 inches taller than me.

Really? You don't think 5'7" is really that tall, even with heels? That made me smile. I'm usually attracted to guys who are 5'10" or taller, but, 5'9" is only an inch shorter. Besides, if he has other physical attributes that attracted me and if his personality was awesome, then I most likely wouldn't mind that he's 2 inches taller than me.

What about if a guy had "physical attributes that attracted me and if his personality was awesome" but he was two inches shorter than you?

• Author
BlackOpsZombieGirl
What about if a guy had "physical attributes that attracted me and if his personality was awesome" but he was two inches shorter than you?

Um...idk! I've never been in that situation before.:confused: I wouldn't know how I'd respond to your hypothetical scenario until I was actually experiencing it. I'll admit, I think it would feel a little awkward for me to be looking down at a guy, even if it was just 2 inches downward. But then again, idk....I guess if he had things about him that I was attracted to and there was some chemistry (or a lot of chem), I probably wouldn't care about his height. Bonus points for him if he's a sensual kisser....that would um, probably seal the deal!:o

CrystalCastles

I'm 5'11/6'0. My bf is 5'5/5'6. Neither one of us has a problem with height.

I can't imagine dating someone taller than me. I would be open to it but it would take some getting used to. Most people are shorter than me. I do have a 6'5 friend and looking up at him is very disorienting!

LookAtThisPOst

I'm not at ALL picky when it comes to height. It's rather irrelavant as I find certain "types" of women physically attracted for certain reasons.

Tall women are leggy, they are typically curvier, have "more" to touch, etc. Short women are cute because they are short and their petiteness is attractive.

As long as they aren't fat, I'm okay with it. lol

I have only met one guy in my entire life that had an issue with my height; but that was probably because he was 5'6". I dated him right after I graduated from college. He was a gentleman, he was sweet and he was introverted but would loosen up whenever I'd crack a joke or used my sarcasm to get him to laugh. On our first date, he took me to a dance club because I told him during our phone convo how much I loved to dance.

When he picked me up and saw me standing at the doorway in my 3 inch heels, he looked as if he'd seen a ghost. I asked him what was up and he smiled and said 'nothing' and then we proceeded to drive to the club. When he walked around the passenger side to let me out, I stood up and I was looking down at him. He gave me that same look again. I didn't say anything and we went into the club. All throughout the evening, he hardly asked me to dance. I knew that he had an issue with my height, but he wasn't honest enough to come out and tell me that he didn't feel comfortable standing next to me or even dancing with me. His behavior and attitude had put a damper on the entire evening.

When it was over and he dropped me off, I finally got it out of him through talking about it. He apologized and said that it was something he just couldn't ignore because it made him feel emasculated. At least he was nice about it though, which helped me to not feel so bad about making someone unintentionally uncomfortable with something physical about myself that I had no control over.:( We said our goodbyes right then and there and he hugged me. Even the hug felt awkward.:sick:

I'm 5'7" and it's more noticeable when I wear heels, which is basically whenever I go out somewhere swanky, to certain venues or on a special occasion. Besides the short guy from my college days, I've never had any man have an issue with how tall I am in heels; in fact, I've had a few guys say they thought it was "hot" because they liked how long and lithe my legs looked.

I'd really like the guys in this forum to be totally frank about the question I'm asking. Because I've noticed that besides me, there are other tall gals here who are probably curious about this as well. In the end, we all are attracted to who we're attracted to...but, as a tall woman, it's something that I've always wondered about. I think this is part of the reason that I'm into tall guys (5'10" - 6'2"); our bodies just seem to fit together better, whether we're hugging or um, in other types of positions.:o:p

I just wouldn't go for a girl nearly as tall or taller than me. I'm 5'11" bare feet. 5'7/5'8" would be my limit. Wear the 4" heel, I'll wear boots. I think they add another 1" or 1.5"

I don't project feelings like I know someone till I know someone. So it's not like I'm gonna "fall" for a girl taller than me and overlook obvious things like her height, imagining how perfect she otherwise is for me.

Too many women that are shorter than me, even in heels.

I'd really like the guys in this forum to be totally frank about the question I'm asking. Because I've noticed that besides me, there are other tall gals here who are probably curious about this as well. In the end, we all are attracted to who we're attracted to...but, as a tall woman, it's something that I've always wondered about. I think this is part of the reason that I'm into tall guys (5'10" - 6'2"); our bodies just seem to fit together better, whether we're hugging or um, in other types of positions.
Here's my experience as an old fart....when a young man I seemed to always go for the petite ladies, though I dated a range of heights and weights, probably the tallest being your height. Though a bit shorter now in older age, I was 5'11" as a younger man.

However, something seemed to change during my M, which was to a petite lady, 5'1", was that, whenever she'd wear platform sandals (for her work as a cosmetologist) or heels when we'd go out as a couple, I started feeling this strange sexual rush and embracing her and kissing her, etc, felt more, well, erotic.

I had started to write this off to some heel/shoe fetish type thing but then, one time when we were in Australia for a concert tour and I was talking shop with a sound tech during a break I saw this lady sitting in the soundboard area get up and her height just mesmerized me. I tend to get overwhelmed at venues like concerts and don't notice individuals but the lady, who I recognized as the performer's wife, was like 'whoa'. I think it was then that I realized it wasn't any sort of sexual fetish but rather that my view on women's height had changed. It kind of pulled together a bunch of stuff that had gone on but didn't make sense discretely.

Would guys have an issue with dating a tall woman?
Well, TBH, I've met a fair amount of older ladies in my travels, many happening to be retired flight attendants and the old parameters for that job did include height and build and those tall ladies have, even in their 60's, caught my attention and held it. I don't meet many tall ladies in my local demographic but wouldn't be averse to dating one if we met and the attraction was mutual.