How can I let someone I just gave my number to that I don't TEXT when I'm home?

I met this girl off a dating site today and we exchanged numbers so I figured when she arrived home from work she would call or atleast text me once to let me know she is about to call. But I don't text at home with the TV and Computer in front of me but I want to know how can I communicate that to her?

She is sending text after text and it would be fine if I was at work but why not just call me? There is no way a text can compete with my lap top and cable tv

GoldenGirl2015
I met this girl off a dating site today and we exchanged numbers so I figured when she arrived home from work she would call or atleast text me once to let me know she is about to call. But I don't text at home with the TV and Computer in front of me but I want to know how can I communicate that to her?

She is sending text after text and it would be fine if I was at work but why not just call me? There is no way a text can compete with my lap top and cable tv

Lol just call her then and tell her.

I usually say "I'm not a big texter" and then proceed to ignore their texts, but be forwarned, this doesn't work on people who love to text. They will simply ignore what you said like you never even said it, and then keep texting, and eventually assume you aren't interested because you did not text them back.

• Like 1
  • Author
Lol just call her then and tell her.

I would rather tell her over the phone because you know statements come off the wrong way over text. Not sure why she wanted to have conversation over text if she was in bed

fitnessfan365

The reason why she keeps texting, is because you keep responding and engaging her in conversation. If you don't want to text, tell her so.

"I'd rather talk to you on the phone. So when are you free to take a call?" If she responds back with something unrelated and doesn't give you a direct answer, stop texting with her. She'll either eventually answer your question, call you, or go away. But if she does it's doing you a favor anyways because women that don't answer direct questions are a pain in the ass to deal with.

• Like 1

Too many women nowadays are utterly addicted to texting. Its a huge turnoff for me too. Nobody wants to talk on the damn phone anymore.

You would think a woman would find it admirable to find a guy that wants to hear her voice and interact through real conversation, but I've only found that its just another reason for women to blackball me when I tell them I'm not into texting.

You need to tell her and be upfront with things like this right from the start.

• Like 1
  • Author
Too many women nowadays are utterly addicted to texting. Its a huge turnoff for me too. Nobody wants to talk on the damn phone anymore.

You would think a woman would find it admirable to find a guy that wants to hear her voice and interact through real conversation, but I've only found that its just another reason for women to blackball me when I tell them I'm not into texting.

And i was clear when I said this at 2pm today

"CALL ME LATER"

LOL

• Like 1

I hate texting.

And i was clear when I said this at 2pm today

"CALL ME LATER"

LOL

You were clear. It's out of your hands now.

I've kicked more than a few potential dates to the curb over this very issue. I dont care who she is, or what she looks like, if she chooses text over the phone she gets the boot.

• Author
I've kicked more than a few potential dates to the curb over this very issue. I dont care who she is, or what she looks like, if she chooses text over the phone she gets the boot.

People don't understand that texting keeps you at a distance

• Like 1

You have her number from her texts I presume, why don't you call her?

Maybe she doesn't want to spend her call time on someone who is so absorbed with their laptop and TV while they're talking.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

A phone call is more personal and women keep men at a distance until they're more emotionally invested. So texting is a way to feel a guy out without investing too much. You can't expect a woman that doesn't even know you to consider you phone call material. I treat the phone as a device to make appointments with. All I care about is how she interacts in person. So would I rather get her on the phone? Yes. However, if she returns my voice mail with a text, I just cut to the chase and set plans. Then after 2-3 dates, the same girl that "hates to talk on the phone" won't stop calling to hear the sound of my voice.

Sometimes you have to go with the flow more and not be so rigid. It could end up costing you a great girl that just needed time to warm up to you.

• Like 2
  • Author
You have her number from her texts I presume, why don't you call her?

Maybe she doesn't want to spend her call time on someone who is so absorbed with their laptop and TV while they're talking.

I gave her my number, I didn't have hers but I do now

• Author
A phone call is more personal and women keep men at a distance until they're more emotionally invested. So texting is a way to feel a guy out without investing too much. You can't expect a woman that doesn't even know you to consider you phone call material. I treat the phone as a device to make appointments with. All I care about is how she interacts in person. So would I rather get her on the phone? Yes. However, if she returns my voice mail with a text, I just cut to the chase and set plans. Then after 2-3 dates, the same girl that "hates to talk on the phone" won't stop calling to hear the sound of my voice.

Sometimes you have to go with the flow more and not be so rigid. It could end up costing you a great girl that just needed time to warm up to you.

If Im at work from 9 to 5, cool, once I am home I won't text because it can't compete with the Internet or Cable

see at work I don't have the internet or cable at my desk so TEXTING WINS

LOL

I gave her my number, I didn't have hers but I do now

So call & tell her you don't text when you're at home.

• Like 1
  • Author

I didn't want to send that over text because I didn't want it to come off as mean so I wanted to tell her on the phone but she said she was about to go to sleep

so that's when I said I would call her tomorrow and have a good night

fitnessfan365
If Im at work from 9 to 5, cool, once I am home I won't text because it can't compete with the Internet or Cable

see at work I don't have the internet or cable at my desk so TEXTING WINS

LOL

Remember dude, the phone's main purpose is to set appointments. Not to get to know a woman. Having a 10-20 min call to decide whether you want to ask her out is cool. But for the most part, avoid the text marathons and the phone gab sessions. Give a girl one short phone call, or a handful of texts. Then cut to the chase and set plans. Get to know her in person.

If you start treating the phone as more of a logistical device, you'll actually start getting women out with you instead of phone chatting with you.

• Author
Remember dude, the phone's main purpose is to set appointments. Not to get to know a woman. Having a 10-20 min call to decide whether you want to ask her out is cool. But for the most part, avoid the text marathons and the phone gab sessions. Give a girl one short phone call, or a handful of texts. Then cut to the chase and set plans. Get to know her in person.

If you start treating the phone as more of a logistical device, you'll actually start getting women out with you instead of phone chatting with you.

I have 2-3 Phone conversations and meet after a week.

1. 1st phone call, touch base see if we click

2. 2nd phone call gather some more info and set up the date

3. 3rd phone call....confirm plans for the meet

She's likely to think you have a girlfriend at home and that's why you can't text.

When you meet with her explain it to her. Tell her tv and computer is placed above communicating with her in the evenings.

• Like 1
  • Author
She's likely to think you have a girlfriend at home and that's why you can't text.

When you meet with her explain it to her. Tell her tv and computer is placed above communicating with her in the evenings.

She doesn't know I don't text at home but how could she think I have a girlfriend and I am willing to call her from home?

And if I am home do you think I am just laying here waiting for a text? I am on the computer and watching TV and may not even notice a text

fitnessfan365
I have 2-3 Phone conversations and meet after a week.

1. 1st phone call, touch base see if we click

2. 2nd phone call gather some more info and set up the date

3. 3rd phone call....confirm plans for the meet

Well all I can do is give you advice. But that is WAY too much time on the phone. Your goal with the first phone call should be to see if you click and if you do, you set plans with her right there on the phone. Make it for 2-3 days out whatever matches with both of your schedules, and then just show up at the given place/time on that day. Remember, the point of a date is to gather info in person.

Confirming plans comes off like you don't believe she'll actually show up. It's better just to have confidence in her interest to meet and make plans for a place that's relatively close to you. That way if you do get stood up, it's not that far of a drive or time wasted. But whatever you do, definitely stop meeting women you have to take a bus to get to. :D

:confused:

This is the strangest thing I've heard today.

I understand not liking to text and preferring calls. I'm the same when I'm just getting to know a man, but if a man doesn't want to respond to my texts and his reason is because it cannot compete with his lap top or cable, I'd move on as it sounds incredibly immature. I mean if you like someone and want to talk to them tv or lap tops shouldn't matter. For me we would simply not be compatible.

I have the internet, I don't have tv, I watch my shows online, but if a man I like and want to get to know is messaging me I am not glued to a show or the screen that I cannot answer.

Tell her the truth, if she is fine with it great, if not, you all are probably mismatched anyway. Although I think most women will think it absurd that a man cannot text her because tv and the internet are his big distractions she cannot compete with. I mean...you don't have DVR? You can't pause? A text is the easiest way to communicate, it's a lazy form actually as you can watch tv and do any number of things while doing it while calling requires more undivided attention.

• Like 3
  • Author
Well all I can do is give you advice. But that is WAY too much time on the phone. Your goal with the first phone call should be to see if you click and if you do, you set plans with her right there on the phone. Make it for 2-3 days out whatever matches with both of your schedules, and then just show up at the given place/time on that day. Remember, the point of a date is to gather info in person.

Confirming plans comes off like you don't believe she'll actually show up. It's better just to have confidence in her interest to meet and make plans for a place that's relatively close to you. That way if you do get stood up, it's not that far of a drive or time wasted. But whatever you do, definitely stop meeting women you have to take a bus to get to. :D

I don't drive so I will be on a train or bus.

• Author
:confused:

This is the strangest thing I've heard today.

I understand not liking to text and preferring calls. I'm the same when I'm just getting to know a man, but if a man doesn't want to respond to my texts and his reason is because it cannot compete with his lap top or cable, I'd move on as it sounds incredibly immature. I mean if you like someone and want to talk to them tv or lap tops shouldn't matter. For me we would simply not be compatible.

I have the internet, I don't have tv, I watch my shows online, but if a man I like and want to get to know is messaging me I am not glued to a show or the screen that I cannot answer.

Tell her the truth, if she is fine with it great, if not, you all are probably mismatched anyway. Although I think most women will think it absurd that a man cannot text her because tv and the internet are his big distractions she cannot compete with. I mean...you don't have DVR? You can't pause? A text is the easiest way to communicate, it's a lazy form actually as you can watch tv and do any number of things while doing it while calling requires more undivided attention.

But a text is not like instant messaging so I won't be sitting there waiting for a reply. So in between texts I am on the lap top typing or on you tube and watching tv. So that's why the phone is better because it eliminates the computer and then it's just the TV and Phone. But there is no way a text can compete with a laptop because the responses are delayed

She doesn't know I don't text at home but how could she think I have a girlfriend and I am willing to call her from home?

And if I am home do you think I am just laying here waiting for a text? I am on the computer and watching TV and may not even notice a text

And how's she supposed to know that?

I knew a guy once - he would flirt with women on dating sites all day at work. But when he went home after work he turned his phone off. That way his girlfriend thought she was his only priority yet when back at work in the morning he would resume with numerous women all day long.

His girlfriend never suspected because he wasn't in his phone at home.

Yet he could help but need the ego strokes from other women.

• Like 1