Should I leave my girlfriend if she was seeing a man behind my back?

gregorygregory

gregorygregory

Hello everyone. I'm new here and need help with my current situation because I don't know what to do. I found out my girlfriend started talking and met up with a guy she met from a dating site awhile back. When I confronted her she admitted and said there was no sex or any intimacy involved. Lately I been working alot and we haven't had much time to spend together and my girlfriend said she felt neglected and I believe she went to this guy for the attention or whatever. I want to be with her but at the same time I feel very betrayed

She's probably not the one for you. Saying she felt neglected, which made her meet with another man, is a common excuse. And an absolute garbage one at that. She's essentially blaming you for her looking elsewhere. Did she discuss this with you? No. Also, she only came clean once confronted. I don't know how old you are, how long you've been together, but I can guarantee you, she is definetly not committed to you or your relationship. Hence looking elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Author
gregorygregory
She's probably not the one for you. Saying she felt neglected, which made her meet with another man, is a common excuse. And an absolute garbage one at that. She's essentially blaming you for her looking elsewhere. Did she discuss this with you? No. Also, she only came clean once confronted. I don't know how old you are, how long you've been together, but I can guarantee you, she is definetly not committed to you or your relationship. Hence looking elsewhere.

We are both 26 and been dating for 5 months. I really saw a future with her

I'm sorry. Better you know now, than investing more time. Also, 5 months? And she has done this? You both should still be at the honeymoon phase. Falling in love!! Not looking elsewhere

• Like 5
We are both 26 and been dating for 5 months. I really saw a future with her

well obviously you saw wrong didnt you.

life is just too short to put up with crap like this

• Like 2

You should dump her immediately. Lack of attention because you are working is not a valid excuse to go see another man behind your back, despite lack of sex or whatever other rubbish reason she can come up with.

• Like 2
PegNosePete
Should I leave my girlfriend if she was seeing a man behind my back?

Does mouse ***** roll? Yes, you should.

• Like 3

I can actually see you snorting as you read the first post...

OP just in case the others have not managed to get it through to you...

Yes you should end it and find someone who supports you when you are busy working rather than supporting another mans private parts...

• Like 3

^My favorite response in this thread so far. Ha!

OP, you're 26 and your girlfriend of 5 months is seeing another guy behind your back while you're at work?

I agree with the other posters in this thread that you should definitely breakup with her. Cheating on you because you work long hours, makes as much sense as: sitting on a horse backwards, and texting while riding bareback with no shoes or socks on after a heavy meal of carbs, blaring heavy metal music through your ipod earbuds which prevents you from hearing the swarm of giant Japanese hornets nearby that are attracted to the scented body soap that you used for your morning shower.

• Like 1
PegNosePete
I can actually see you snorting as you read the first post...

Oh, I didn't read it, just the subject :D

• Like 2
Oh, I didn't read it, just the subject :D

LOL Why am I not surprised! :D

WG it is quote of the week isn't it... I am so going to have to find a way to use it.

Fancy a cup of tea?

Does mouse **** roll?

• Like 3

WG it is quote of the week isn't it... I am so going to have to find a way to use it.

Fancy a cup of tea?

Does mouse **** roll?

Oh it's definitely quote of the week. In fact I'm going to use it liberally this week as I enjoy irony as much as I do watching tv episodes of the X-Files.

I'll take two sugars in my tea. Thanks!

Oh, and OP, please dump your cheating girlfriend.

• Like 1

Fancy a cup of tea?

Does mouse **** roll?

Oh it's definitely quote of the week! In fact I'm going to use it liberally this week as I enjoy irony as much as watching episodes of the X-Files on DVD.

I'll take two sugars in my tea. Thanks!

Oh, and OP, please dump your cheating girlfriend.

• Like 2
Hello everyone. I'm new here and need help with my current situation because I don't know what to do. I found out my girlfriend started talking and met up with a guy she met from a dating site awhile back. When I confronted her she admitted and said there was no sex or any intimacy involved. Lately I been working alot and we haven't had much time to spend together and my girlfriend said she felt neglected and I believe she went to this guy for the attention or whatever. I want to be with her but at the same time I feel very betrayed

I'd feel betrayed too.

Do you hear/see what she is telling you? She cannot handle your work schedule and instead of having a talk with you about scaling back your relationship or finding other ways to stay connected, she goes behind your back, seeks out and starts seeing another man?

Quite frankly, I would not take the word of a deceitful chick that there was no intimacy or sex involved.

I'd work on that "wanting to be with her" mess. She ain't the one.

• Like 1

A man from a dating site? You kidding me? She is cheating on you, don't be a ****ing doormat man, dump her- TODAY, before she does it to you!

• Like 2

How long have you two been together and how old are you? A mature woman who isn't having her needs met and is in an established relationship will address that situation with her partner. If the partner doesn't make the effort to change the situation and want to meet her needs, she should then tell them she's moving on.

If she seeks the attention of other men without having a discussion with her partner about how she's feeling and giving him the opportunity to do what is needed to correct the situation, she isn't invested enough in the current relationship.

She has breached the trust in the relationship and that will be very difficult to recover from that, especially for you.

I'd take some time for yourself to evaluate the relationship in terms of how it's been working for you up to this point. I'd say that if she's been feeling like this, she hasn't been giving you what you need in terms of support for the fact that you've been working hard, etc. Has she been meeting your needs in the relationship? If this is a long-term relationship, you could consider forgiving her, but I'd think long and hard about it. If you haven't been together long, I'd move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
gregorygregory
^My favorite response in this thread so far. Ha!

OP, you're 26 and your girlfriend of 5 months is seeing another guy behind your back while you're at work?

I agree with the other posters in this thread that you should definitely breakup with her. Cheating on you because you work long hours, makes as much sense as: sitting on a horse backwards, and texting while riding bareback with no shoes or socks on after a heavy meal of carbs, blaring heavy metal music through your ipod earbuds which prevents you from hearing the swarm of giant Japanese hornets nearby that are attracted to the scented body soap that you used for your morning shower.

Haha love this. I have a sense of humor :)

• Like 1
  • Author
gregorygregory
How long have you two been together and how old are you? A mature woman who isn't having her needs met and is in an established relationship will address that situation with her partner. If the partner doesn't make the effort to change the situation and want to meet her needs, she should then tell them she's moving on.

If she seeks the attention of other men without having a discussion with her partner about how she's feeling and giving him the opportunity to do what is needed to correct the situation, she isn't invested enough in the current relationship.

She has breached the trust in the relationship and that will be very difficult to recover from that, especially for you.

I'd take some time for yourself to evaluate the relationship in terms of how it's been working for you up to this point. I'd say that if she's been feeling like this, she hasn't been giving you what you need in terms of support for the fact that you've been working hard, etc. Has she been meeting your needs in the relationship? If this is a long-term relationship, you could consider forgiving her, but I'd think long and hard about it. If you haven't been together long, I'd move on.

We only been together for 5 months. I am thinking about leaving her. I really thought things were going so well and I believed we were meeting each other's needs.

We only been together for 5 months. I am thinking about leaving her. I really thought things were going so well and I believed we were meeting each other's needs.

You are "thinking" about leaving her? Are you serious?

This should be a foregone conclusion.

Trust me buddy, she doesn't think you are meeting her needs, which is why she's planning on getting a meating from this other guy.

Don't be a fool. DUMP HER.

• Like 1
BlackOpsZombieGirl

What is there to "think about", OP?

So, you both have been in an exclusive relationship for only FIVE months...and because you're working hard to pay the bills, she feels that she's justified in trolling dating sites and actually MEETING UP with OTHER GUYS, instead of TALKING with you about how lonely she is because you're working long hours?

If you stay with this cheater, she's only going to do it again and again. What happens if you can't change your hours at work? What happens when you go on a trip to see your family or you go ANYWHERE that will have her being alone for several hours at a time? I mean seriously...how could you ever trust her again?:confused:

• Like 4
I am thinking about leaving her.

Thinking? Wow, I guess you'll have to walk in on her bouncing on some guy's johnson for it to sink in...

• Like 3
  • Author
gregorygregory
What is there to "think about", OP?

So, you both have been in an exclusive relationship for only FIVE months...and because you're working hard to pay the bills, she feels that she's justified in trolling dating sites and actually MEETING UP with OTHER GUYS, instead of TALKING with you about how lonely she is because you're working long hours?

If you stay with this cheater, she's only going to do it again and again. What happens if you can't change your hours at work? What happens when you go on a trip to see your family or you go ANYWHERE that will have her being alone for several hours at a time? I mean seriously...how could you ever trust her again?:confused:

I am going to leave her. It's done.

• Like 2
I am going to leave her. It's done.

Phew.

And next time pick a better one. Not all women are like this. Keep your chin up and don't let them treat you like dog droppings on their Jimmy Choos!

She had a Plan B in mind from the day your relationship began. For every attractive woman you date, there are a minimum of three men waiting in the sidelines for you to screw up.