Has she moved on?

SteelPanther

SteelPanther

I met a great girl a few weeks ago at a party and we began chatting more closely recently. I threw out a solid plan for a lunch/date for last Monday and she happily agreed to come along. The date went pretty well I thought, I mean, it wasn't perfect as many first dates can be a bit cagey but I made her laugh, I saw a clear attraction from her and we talked about many interesting things.

At the end of the date we left the coffeeshop and walked a little bit down the road. She said she was busy on Friday but on Thursday she was free to hang out if I was keen. I agreed and she said she'd txt me.

2 days passed and I hadn't heard from her so I thought I'd man up and call her instead of txting like some people do just to say I enjoyed her company and if we were still on for Thursday night. It went straight to her voicemail and I couldn't get hold of her. Needless to say, I haven't heard from her since so I'm assuming she's lost all interest?

I know people can be busy but nobody is too busy to send a txt msg and my thinking is that if you're even somewhat interested in someone, you would make some kind of an effort. She's a bit shy and might be useless at communicating but I feel like this is a lost cause. Am I nuts in thinking this? I haven't contacted her since Wednesday (Sunday now) and still no reply.

Yep, it's time to walk away. Whatever her reasons, it's on her to continue the relationship.

• Author
SteelPanther

I just feel it's stink on her part if she's not interested to not at least say she isn't interested instead of leaving me hanging. Initially I thought she might be doing the whole 2 day dating rule bs but it seems to be a lot longer! :lmao:

Don't really know where I went wrong on this. I guess it was her and not me.

PumpkinLumpkin

Your date was supposed to be Thursday, two days ago Thursday, and she hasn't contacted you? Or it's supposed to be this coming Thursday?

• Author
SteelPanther

Thursday that passed.

It sucked because the next day she changed her profile picture on Facebook so that was a good Friday morning reminder of who I could've hung out with! No idea where I went wrong. I had the plan originally for our Monday date and even had a plan when I tried calling her. However, she was originally the one that said we should do something after our date and even suggested Thursday and even that she would txt me!

I guess there's no way back is there? I'd like to see her again but I think it's a lost cause.

Edited by SteelPanther

If she was interested, and just insanely busy, at the very least she'd have sent you a message saying something had come up and could you reschedule later in the month. Maybe she just didn't feel anything more than a friend vibe on that date and she has enough friends already. Chalk this one up!

• Author
SteelPanther

Cheers guys. I know she's got a lot on her plate but who doesn't?

Just a shame she couldn't say something. I hate it when people do this. They should really man up and not do the cowardly act.

• Author
SteelPanther

lolwtf and now she's liked a photo on Facebook that has the following message:

"I'm looking for a man not a boy. I'm not interested in some guy who likes other girls selfies and doesn't txt me back for 8 hours."

What the fudge. I txtd and tried calling her.

"I'm looking for a man not a boy. I'm not interested in some guy who likes other girls selfies and doesn't txt me back for 8 hours."

Hahahahahahah!

She's totally into games.

• Author
SteelPanther

I think so too. I put up a status last night about a sporting result and she liked it straight away and she doesn't even like sports. Idk what to do.

ExpatInItaly

My guess is that she's seeing another guy and that was directed at him, not you. I think she may have gone out with you at a point when the other guy wasn't showing much interest, but then he came back around and she blew you off for him. Now she's regretting it.

Wild speculation, maybe. Either way, she isn't considerate of your time. Don't bother with her.

My guess is that she's seeing another guy and that was directed at him, not you. I think she may have gone out with you at a point when the other guy wasn't showing much interest, but then he came back around and she blew you off for him. Now she's regretting it.

Wild speculation, maybe. Either way, she isn't considerate of your time. Don't bother with her.

Yup. Also explains the like on OP's FB sports status - trying to make other guy jealous.

I don't think there is anything to see here if you left her a vmail and she didn't call back.

JohnsonBaby

Don't make excuses for her ,she s a flake an that says alot about her .

Move on swiftly and date other women to get her off your mind.

Just go find someone else - you only had coffee together - to a lot of people that doesn't even count as a date. Truthfully, you sound waaaay over invested for only having sipped jo for a couple of hours. I don't even think describing her as "moving on" is even really appropriate/on point, as truthfully, she likely had nothing to move on from.

She's just not sufficiently interested - plain and simple. If women are interested, at a minimum they'll respond to a text after a day (they realize you'll drop her pretty quick if she doesn't, in particular if you've only went out once. Those that play games generally ramp up the games after you've seen each other a few times.