So ladies, how much influence does a man's job have in whether you will date him?

Meaning would a surgeon have a better shot than a school teacher? A corporate office guy more than a student in his 30's? I think you get the picture.

There's many variables.

As a nurse I would prefer to date a school teacher than a surgeon.

My criteria in a partner is education and intellectual interests rather than current 'job'. When I was on Match my preferred search was for a man who led a healthy lifestyle, was athletic and university educated. More interested in a guy who was wealthy intellectually than in salary. I met my partner...he's far from poor but most importantly is his fascinating mind.

• Like 2
  • Author
There's many variables.

As a nurse I would prefer to date a school teacher than a surgeon.

My criteria in a partner is education and intellectual interests rather than current 'job'. When I was on Match my preferred search was for a man who led a healthy lifestyle, was athletic and university educated. More interested in a guy who was wealthy intellectually than in salary. I met my partner...he's far from poor but most importantly is his fascinating mind.

If you don't mind me asking why would a nurse not want to date a surgeon?

todreaminblue

i would want to date a guy who loved what he did.....who felt driven to get up every morning with a smile on his face and continue smiling no matter how hard that job got.....that includes a guy furthering his education to go after his passion or a guy who was happy to work unplugging peoples toilets....and come home at the end of the day to my family and me.......deb...

• Like 2
If you don't mind me asking why would a nurse not want to date a surgeon?

I must have dated a dozen medical students then almost as many doctors in my younger years. One becomes saturated in 'health chit chat'. To be honest, it gets tedious. My boyfriend is a geologist and I find him much more expansive in his life experience and interests.

Also, to be blunt, I find the medical profession to be an ongoing soap opera of smart but immature men, egos, etc. There are certainly many exceptions but too many born with silver spoons and many who have never really developed good personal social skills. Again, there are exceptions...many wonderful individuals but not the type I want to spend time with.

Meaning would a surgeon have a better shot than a school teacher? A corporate office guy more than a student in his 30's? I think you get the picture.

No, a surgeon would not have a better shot than a school teacher. It doesn't matter.

But yes, a corporate office guy would have more shot than a student in his 30s. "Student" is not a job. I'm not going to support a 'man' in that way.

You know surgeons usually have better looking wives than school teachers?

But this whole thread will fill up with girls telling you it does not matter.

Nobody has a BETTER shot that anybody.

Youre already putting women on the pedestal by asking this question.

It really doesnt matter. I absolutely guarantee it.

this is just a question a weak dude would ask

• Like 1
You know surgeons usually have better looking wives than school teachers?

But this whole thread will fill up with girls telling you it does not matter.

They probably usually have better looking wives, but why is that? $$$$$$$$

They probably usually have better looking wives, but why is that? $$$$$$$$

All you have to do is look around it does not matter how many people on here say otherwise

Many women like to marry up. Get your own business or a good yob, man! If you are rich, don't lead with money, avoid golddiggers.... make sure they love you for you and not your money.

All you have to do is look around it does not matter how many people on here say otherwise

Yeah, in a lot of cases. If a woman says she wouldn't date the hot surgeon with a great personality they would be lying to themselves. What woman is going to turn a guy like that down?

Many women like to marry up. Get your own business or a good yob, man! If you are rich, don't lead with money, avoid golddiggers.... make sure they love you for you and not your money.

Yeah, but how do you know for sure that they aren't with you just for your money or not? If the woman wants the guy to specifically make more than them no matter what to "marry up", than that's a HUGE turn off. I'd take it she'd want me for my money.

^^^^Don't let them find out how much you make for a couple months until they are in love with you.

• Like 1
^^^^Don't let them find out how much you make for a couple months until they are in love with you.

lol but they'll know you're lying. If you're a lawyer or doctor for example, they'll obviously know you make good money right off the bat. Unless you lie about what you do in general at first, but tell them later. That might turn them off completely.

lol but they'll know you're lying. If you're a lawyer or doctor for example, they'll obviously know you make good money right off the bat. Unless you lie about what you do in general at first, but tell them later. That might turn them off completely.

You can try to be vague and say I work in the medical field but the next question will be what do you do in the medical field. I guess in that situation you should just lie and say you are some kind of tech or something

You can try to be vague and say I work in the medical field but the next question will be what do you do in the medical field. I guess in that situation you should just lie and say you are some kind of tech or something

Just not sure if there's a point of doing that though. I doubt the woman would appreciate it if you think she's possibly a gold digger, when she's actually not. It would likely turn a good woman off after she finds out you lied. A gold digger would probably laugh it off & just say "haha oh really...." than **** him that night.

^^^it depends on your morals if you want to lie about what you do... but you can also give vague answers like "I work in the medical field", "I help people", I do some charity work, etc., and change the subject or make a joke, and she'll forget the original question ... and keep the Porsche in the garage and pick them up for the date in your SUV, and don't show her your mansion... for up to two months or as long as you can.

• Like 1
Just not sure if there's a point of doing that though. I doubt the woman would appreciate it if you think she's possibly a gold digger, when she's actually not. It would likely turn a good woman off after she finds out you lied. A gold digger would probably laugh it off & just say "haha oh really...." than **** him that night.

A good woman will understand

Matters to a certain extent. I like to date smart/nerdy men and stay away from sales professionals (just personal preference). As long as they make a decent living I'm okay. I also stay away from men who are gone for long periods and travel too much. I personally travel for work so I just want to be with someone who's a homebody.

• Like 2
^^^May I ask why you don't date salesmen?

Guessing because a lot of them have to lie on the job to make sales.

sweetjasmine
Yeah, in a lot of cases. If a woman says she wouldn't date the hot surgeon with a great personality they would be lying to themselves. What woman is going to turn a guy like that down?

Uhh, with most surgeons, it's the "great personality" part that's the problem.