Does her not initiating mean shes not interested?

Thaddius

I met a girl a little over 3 weeks ago at a bar when I was out of town 3 weeks ago and we hit it off and went on a date the next morning. Turns out shes also from the same town as me so I ended up driving her back since I was heading home later that day too, about 2 hours away. She thanked me for the ride and told me that she really likes spending time with me and to hopefully see me again soon. We text here and there with a few phone calls as well for the next 2 weeks. Most of the time it was me initiating but occasionally,very rarely, she would initiate as well. When it comes to text she can take anywhere from 1minute to a day to reply and the conversation usually dies within a couple of texts. Sometimes we would also not contact each other for a day or two. I've concluded that shes probably really busy and is generally a bad texter/ doesnt like it, which is fine. We went on our second date last week(Friday), which I initiated on again and seemed to had a good time. I initiated a phone call with her and a few texts with her that night/saturday to follow up on our date. I then called her again on sunday afternoon to see if she wanted to hang out for a bit since I was in the area for work. She didnt pick up my phone call but texted me 4 hours later saying that she was asleep. We traded a few texts and ended with me sending the last text.

I havent initiated contact with her since, so its been 4, almost 5 days because I told myself I'd wait to see if she would text me first and go from there. Should I wait it out longer? or just initiate contact again? because the weekend is coming up and I wanted to set up another date. Ive asked my friends and some say to wait it out and that she would contact me if she was interested and some say that I'm over thinking it and should just hit her up.

She always returns my texts at one point or another and she picks up my phone calls 50% of the time and returns a text the other 50% of the time apologizing for missing it because of whatever reason. She has accepted both of my date requests to this point.

Edited by Thaddius

Yah, I would just drop her. If it takes that long for her to reply back, she's not interested. When guys like me I'll text them back when I'm bored (not to be mean) we're friends but they might keep texting me (non sexual/love) and it's annoying because it's boring conversation.

If she likes going in dates with you & is happy to see you etc... then she is intreated in you...

I would text her & see if she replies but she could not be a big texter etc...

Looks good for now

todreaminblue

Personally if I really like a guy and i am interested i would answer texts even though i dont like texting takes me forever, if i miss a text or cant find my phone or lose it.....when i find the message i will actually phone and talk to the guy......a more personal touch......but thats me.....i do believe however if you really care for someone and are interested in knowing them better, you are proactive and give as much as you get......deb

You should tell her how you feel.

But don't pester her etc e.g If you send her a text wait till she replies if you hear nothing from her then text her again 2-3 days later & see wot happens

• Like 1

Just keep calling her once a week to set up a date, and lay off the texting, it's the worst form of communication known to man.

Are you two kissing yet? She replies to calls and texts withn 24... it's early yet, as long as she's accepting dates, I don't really see the problem.

IDK...maybe she's old school. Men pursue, women respond. Back in the day, women never called men..or initiated, the way a men determined whether she was interested or not was how she responded to him.

If she is still responding to your texts, even if it takes longer than you would like, and still accepting your dates, then she's interested.

Just call her and ask her out again. You really can't tell anything about texts. Honestly, most people don't sit around counting who sent the last one and all that. The people who text a lot can't keep track. The ones who don't don't want to. She's gone out with you twice. Ask her out again.

fitnessfan365

She wants you to ask her out dude, Since it's been five days, give her a quick call, and cut right to the chase. Make plans for a few days out, and get off the phone. Then talk with her in person and lay off the texting.

Remember this. When you've started going out with a girl that likes you, she wants you to use the times when you guys are calling, texting, etc to make plans with her If all you do is chat back and forth like a therapist or one of her male girlfriends, she gets bored. Guys take action. They don't act like texting buddies.

If she wasnt interested she wouldnt keep open communication with you. Shes probably waiting for you to make the first move, and if you havent gotten obvious green lights from her yet, it means shes not sure about you yet.

Give it some time then make the move. If she rejects you then she was never really interested in the first place, and then you will have a clear answer.

You date people who treat you the way you want to be treated. I know when I was interested in a man I took every opportunity to flirt with him, see how his day was going, and rearranged my schedule just to see him....here it's not happening right? So stop wasting your time!