Is he into me?

Sogemini88

I started dating a guy who I had lost contact with back in the day. Long story short, we had an insane connection back then but I had a boyfriend and he had a gf. Well fast forward to five years later and we are both single. We've hung out a few times and it feels like like old times, except now we are kissing and more affectionate. He kind of expressed how he felt, but we aren't officially together. He started texting and making the effort and all of that was great. I told him this week was going to be a really hard week for me to hang out because I had a lot of other things going on, wedding and family related. He said he understood and to let him know if I needed him to help me with anything. When we parted ways, he kissed me and was super affectionate. This was four days ago and I haven't heard from him since. Am I overanalyzing? I did tell him Id be pretty busy till after the weekend. That didn't mean I didn't want to communicate altogether though. Could he have taken that as a sign that I wasn't interested?

losangelena

Why don't you try reaching out to him and see what happens. Probably better than sitting around ruminating.

A lot of the times, guys are unaware, not disinterested.

• Like 3
I started dating a guy who I had lost contact with back in the day. Long story short, we had an insane connection back then but I had a boyfriend and he had a gf. Well fast forward to five years later and we are both single. We've hung out a few times and it feels like like old times, except now we are kissing and more affectionate. He kind of expressed how he felt, but we aren't officially together. He started texting and making the effort and all of that was great. I told him this week was going to be a really hard week for me to hang out because I had a lot of other things going on, wedding and family related. He said he understood and to let him know if I needed him to help me with anything. When we parted ways, he kissed me and was super affectionate. This was four days ago and I haven't heard from him since. Am I overanalyzing? I did tell him Id be pretty busy till after the weekend. That didn't mean I didn't want to communicate altogether though. Could he have taken that as a sign that I wasn't interested?

No he took it as a sign you are BUSY....just like you told him you would be!!!

If you want to talk to him (and you have time of course)....text/call him!

• Like 3
regine_phalange

Maybe he's being considerate, but 4 days without communication is a lot. I think that you are now both playing the waiting game with each other. I don't get why people, men and women, are so afraid to show some interest these days, even after they've kissed, and forget about the "rules" a little bit. if I were you I'd use the chance to text him to help me with something, in order to see how much he keeps his promises -> long term potential early check. :p

^^Read this again and yah the ball is in your court. Usually when people say they are "too busy" to get together, that's code for "not interested."

If you are still interested, YOU need to contact him.

• Like 2
Versacehottie

Yeah it's on you to reach out to him. You are the one who told him you would be busy, ie essentially unavailable, through this weekend. He's letting you do that. If you want to communicate with him, reach out.

• Like 2

^^^^ yup. You kind of blocked/rejected him. You said this week will be busy. In other words, don't call me, I'll call you.

Are you really too busy to have lunch or dinner with him one day? Could you have suggested a day next week for a date? Can you at least call him? You need to up your game... you can't just tell a guy you are busy for a whole week, leave him hanging, and expect to get a boyfriend that way. Relationships take work.

• Like 3
^^^^ yup. You kind of blocked/rejected him. You said this week will be busy. In other words, don't call me, I'll call you.

Are you really too busy to have lunch or dinner with him one day? Could you have suggested a day next week for a date? Can you at least call him? You need to up your game... you can't just tell a guy you are busy for a whole week, leave him hanging, and expect to get a boyfriend that way. Relationships take work.

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. OP, I can't help but wonder if, when you told him you were too busy to get together, your interest was low.

Now that he"s pulled back, your interest level has increased?

Is there any truth to that? Cause Gary is right. An interested person would have had time to meet for a quick lunch or drinks....at the very least. Or suggest a day the following week to get together.

• Like 2
regine_phalange
So I texted him, and he immediately asked me to hang out this weekend. :p

He's into you. :p

• Like 1
  • Author
^^ Exactly what I was thinking. OP, I can't help but wonder if, when you told him you were too busy to get together, your interest was low.

Now that he"s pulled back, your interest level has increased?

Is there any truth to that? Cause Gary is right. An interested person would have had time to meet for a quick lunch or drinks....at the very least. Or suggest a day the following week to get together.

I realy do like him. He's been my biggest crush since my early twenties and now I'm close to thirty and those feelings are back now that we have been talking again. I'm just the type to not really express how I feel to a guy out of fear of rejection. Rejection is better than not knowing though, and I need to get past that. I always fear looking too desperate or whatever, and overanalyze situations.

I realy do like him. He's been my biggest crush since my early twenties and now I'm close to thirty and those feelings are back now that we have been talking again. I'm just the type to not really express how I feel to a guy out of fear of rejection. Rejection is better than not knowing though, and I need to get past that. I always fear looking too desperate or whatever, and overanalyze situations.

Always and everywhere just be yourself.

Be the same person on the outside and on the inside.

Thats one of the keys to happy relationships.

Have fun :)