Add him on facebook? ??

Hi,

So I'm 19 and I've never been in a serious relationship before. I did date someone in high school, but I would call it more of a casual thing because we were more like friends than a couple.

I bought a textbook from this guy who was selling his books on this uni-related FB page (we go to the same university). So, anyway, I messaged him I was interested in buying the book, and he gave me his phone number "just in case I can't find him."

Anyway so I met him today and we had like a quick chat where we talked about what we were studying and how I finding the subject and whatnot. He was really friendly and smiley and just REALLY cute. Like I have not met anyone at uni who is that cute.

Would it be weird if I added him on facebook? I don't think I will ever run into him again randomly, because we study different things and he is a year above me. How could I get to know him? Should I text him or something? AHH :p

Yes add him. Nothing wrong with that. If he accepts your request, like and comment on couple of his posts. See if he responds if he does not message him and say hi and see if he picks up the ball and throws it back.

Any of that stuff will work, but keep in mind that men often don't get hints, and you open yourself up for rejection when you make moves like that. I say let the guy make the moves and face rejection. Hopefully he'll call you.

fitnessfan365

The old Facebook debate. For me personally, I will never again be Facebook friends with a woman I'm involved with. I did it one time, and it was terrible. All her friends and family members started messaging me pressuring me to meet them. Then on top of that, her posts would win up in my activity feed and it always felt like I was spying on her.

Instead of adding him on Facebook, you could always send him a quick message saying "It was really great chatting with you today, and I'd like to do it again sometime" Then include your number and see if he reaches out to you.

• Like 3
catchthedrift

I would not add him yet, but message him. But dont comment on things or like photos, thats weird.

Just message him directly and ask him out. Bold and easy.

(I did this once and ended up being in a one year relationship with someone, it was wonderful).

catchthedrift
The old Facebook debate. For me personally, I will never again be Facebook friends with a woman I'm involved with. I did it one time, and it was terrible. All her friends and family members started messaging me pressuring me to meet them. Then on top of that, her posts would win up in my activity feed and it always felt like I was spying on her.

Instead of adding him on Facebook, you could always send him a quick message saying "It was really great chatting with you today, and I'd like to do it again sometime" Then include your number and see if he reaches out to you.

I agree with this, so, as I said, don't add him, just MESSAGE him and ask him out. Use the tool of facebook to make that first step, then refrain from using facebook with him, after having exchanged numbers.