How much contact to have after 1-2 months of dating?

Vixen32

Ok - I'm curious to know how much contact people typically have with the person they're dating after they've been seeing each other for a month or two. By contact, I mean frequency of dates/how many times you see them/week, how frequently you contact them via text or phone, when you're not with each other. How does this evolve?

I'm in the situation where I've been seeing someone for about a month and we've gotten together 7-8 times. There's some making out, slept together a few times, and have had sex once. I'm just trying to avoid coming across as either too distant or too needy. I'm going to chat with them next time I see them about what level of contact they like, but thought I'd see what the norm is.

For me (female), text every other day and meet up once a week is good. Less than that is not ideal. Can be more frequent.

fitnessfan365

In the beginning, I usually keep it to 1x a week dates and the occasional communication. However, after the first month, things naturally increase. She starts reaching out more, I take the hint and plan more dates, etc.. It's a natural progression.

But in general, I really value my independence. So I'd like a woman that was cool spending 2-3 days a week doing her own thing with friends, hobbies, etc.. Also, I've never felt the need to have daily communication. I mean if my routine is pretty much the same day to day, do I really need to check in and tell you about it?

In the beginning, I usually keep it to 1x a week dates and the occasional communication. However, after the first month, things naturally increase. She starts reaching out more, I take the hint and plan more dates, etc.. It's a natural progression.

But in general, I really value my independence. So I'd like a woman that was cool spending 2-3 days a week doing her own thing with friends, hobbies, etc.. Also, I've never felt the need to have daily communication. I mean if my routine is pretty much the same day to day, do I really need to check in and tell you about it?

Occasional communication like once every 2 or 3 days?

and if things don't increase after 2 or 3 month..what to do?

fitnessfan365
Occasional communication like once every 2 or 3 days?

and if things don't increase after 2 or 3 month..what to do?

Well based on my personal experience, I've come to realize that women are a lot like cats. They come and go as they please, and need time to warm up to you. If you over pursue or give too much attention, it's secretly a turn off.

So the best thing a guy can do in the beginning is plan one date a week. Then let her initiate communication if she wants to talk before then. As she gets more emotionally invested, she'll reach out more with cute texts and the guy leads planning more dates. Pursuing to achieve an emotional connection comes from a place of feminine energy. Masculine energy is to take action. So when a guy gets emotionally needy and contacts her all the time, he is essentially becoming the woman in the relationship.

Well based on my personal experience, I've come to realize that women are a lot like cats. They come and go as they please, and need time to warm up to you. If you over pursue or give too much attention, it's secretly a turn off.

So the best thing a guy can do in the beginning is plan one date a week. Then let her initiate communication if she wants to talk before then. As she gets more emotionally invested, she'll reach out more with cute texts and the guy leads planning more dates. Pursuing to achieve an emotional connection comes from a place of feminine energy. Masculine energy is to take action. So when a guy gets emotionally needy and contacts her all the time, he is essentially becoming the woman in the relationship.

I tend to assume guy is not interested if he doesn't contact for 3 days? And obviously I can't ask him straight so what can a woman do

fitnessfan365
I tend to assume guy is not interested if he doesn't contact for 3 days? And obviously I can't ask him straight so what can a woman do

A smart guy that's good with women will realize that your cute attempt to reach out is your way of saying "Ask me out'. So it's actually a great way to test his real interest level. For example, you have a great first date. Over the next few days, you send the guy a quick text saying "Thanks for a great time the other night!" If he's interested he'll take the hint and ask you out again.

Now I am not saying a guy should never reach out first. If I don't hear from a woman in 3-5 days hinting at wanting another date, I'll call her and plan the next one. But think back honestly. When you truly liked a guy and were feeling butterflies for him, you enjoyed reaching out to him and letting him know that you were thinking about him. So this crap women say about "if a guy doesn't contact me first, I move on" is BS. If you like a guy, you won't let him vanish just like if I like a woman, I show it by repeatedly asking her out when she gets in touch.

A smart guy that's good with women will realize that your cute attempt to reach out is your way of saying "Ask me out'. So it's actually a great way to test his real interest level. For example, you have a great first date. Over the next few days, you send the guy a quick text saying "Thanks for a great time the other night!" If he's interested he'll take the hint and ask you out again.

Now I am not saying a guy should never reach out first. If I don't hear from a woman in 3-5 days hinting at wanting another date, I'll call her and plan the next one. But think back honestly. When you truly liked a guy and were feeling butterflies for him, you enjoyed reaching out to him and letting him know that you were thinking about him. So this crap women say about "if a guy doesn't contact me first, I move on" is BS. If you like a guy, you won't let him vanish just like if I like a woman, I show it by repeatedly asking her out when she gets in touch.

Wih my current guy, last conversation was 2 days ago and was initiated by me. It ended cuz he didn't reply to my last message. So.. I Can only wait for him to text me now then ? Feel like it's his turn

Wih my current guy, last conversation was 2 days ago and was initiated by me. It ended cuz he didn't reply to my last message. So.. I Can only wait for him to text me now then ? Feel like it's his turn

What was your last text?

fitnessfan365

In that case, I would question his interest level. When you initiated the conversation, he should have cut to the chase and set up the next get together. The fact that he didn't make plans with you and you never heard from him after that, might be a red flag,

So in this instance, I fully agree with you. The ball is in his court to contact you and make plans. Since it's only been 1-2 months, I assume you two still aren't exclusive? If not, I'd start focusing on other guys.

He said use your charm to get clients I said haha that's your thing

That doesn't warrant a response. I am sure he is reveling in it though

At least one date a week is good in the beginning, for the first couple months.

That doesn't warrant a response. I am sure he is reveling in it though

It's fine he doesn't continue the convo. But if the no contact goes for 3 days its a little worrisome isnt it.

soithascometothis

I'm currently dating a girl who will not contact me first. No emails, texts, or phone calls. However, I really like her so I have been putting myself out there each time. And every time she reciprocates and we have great dates. I think she is making me chase her. If she wasn't worth it, I would have dropped off weeks ago. I've pursued girls that I was luke warm about, but because they were contacting me and I had nothing else going on I kept seeing them. I'm not saying you shouldn't contact him. Just be selective.

I'm currently dating a girl who will not contact me first. No emails, texts, or phone calls. However, I really like her so I have been putting myself out there each time. And every time she reciprocates and we have great dates. I think she is making me chase her. If she wasn't worth it, I would have dropped off weeks ago. I've pursued girls that I was luke warm about, but because they were contacting me and I had nothing else going on I kept seeing them. I'm not saying you shouldn't contact him. Just be selective.

I keep the initiate rate as him 3 me 1.5..cuz i dont wan to be the girl he's seeing when he's bored.(how can I be sure this is not the case actually?)

As a typical woman I feel insecure if a guy goes no contact for days. Matter of fact i saw him become facebook friend with a girl few days ago so who knows, maybe he is losing interest in me.

fitnessfan365

I'm curious, are you planning and paying for every date too> In the end, it takes two to make it work and she sounds a bit high maintenance. I'm sure that she's fun to spend time with. However, sometimes you also have to pay attention to a girl;s actions. If you're doing 100% with initiating all communication and planning/paying for every date, how interested can she actually be?

In the end, it's up to you. But I'd recommend holding off from contacting her. You've put yourself out there, and she knows where you stand. So it's time for her to reciprocate a little bit. If she never ends up contacting you at all, that's pretty telling.

Edited by fitnessfan365
Versacehottie

interesting. never tht about it like that but can see truth to this