Is it ok to take a woman to a fast food restaurant for a date?

Depends where and what the circumstances were beforehand, e.g. if we had been out for a walk or something and were hungry and that was the first place we came to then it might be acceptable. Generally though, no, would be a bit of a downer. It's not the cost, it's just the ambience. A coffee bar with nice lighting which served small meals would be better if cost is an issue.

• Like 3
ThaWholigan

Would depend on the girl and the situation. If it's a pitstop after a date then it's probably not so bad. If it's the date itself? Eh, now that would definitely depend on the girl, but chances are if she wants to go to dinner, she'd probably want something just a tad more tasteful. Doesn't have to be a balling ass 4 or 5-star though.

• Like 3
losangelena

Hrm, not really. It depends though, I suppose.

First, how old are you?

Then, do you live in an area that has access to nicer places?

Is she used to going to fast food places regularly?

My BF and I will swing by the McDonald's drive-thru on occasion, but it's always on our way to or home from something (plus, we've been dating six months). He's never taken me to fast food for a date, especially not at first.

• Like 2

Fast Food Dates are the ONLY dates I've ever been taken on, so I am okay with it. However, I don't suggest you take my opinion as recommendation that you SHOULD do it, because there's definitely a good chance it won't be well received. Stay on the safe side and avoid it unless you specifically know a girl likes a particular place.

Is this a first date? What fast food place are you talking about?

Generally... No. It is not OK. I'd say it's a mood killer. I'd rather grab a coffee and a sandwich.

• Like 1

It depends.

Age is a factor. I was happily taken to McDonalds in high school. Roy Rodgers was a great place to study ;) at my college.

As part of a larger date . . . simply as a place to grab food between other events maybe.

As the destination, it really depends. Perhaps for a 1st meet on OLD because it's well lit & "safe" you can get coffee but even then, which fast food matters.

Prior discussions come into this. For example, my SIL loves In & Out Burger, a west coast thing so she'd be OK with it. I could handle being taken for pizza or even a suggestion that we meet a Dunkin Donuts on a 1st meet. Somebody suggests McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, or Wendy's etc. my personal response would probably be to pick a diner near that fast food place that the guy suggested & pipe up with "my treat" just to get out of being take to a fast food chain. Then again, I would probably have the same reaction if offered dinner at Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's, the Olive Garden etc. because I despise chains but I am also very high maintenance (& proud of it :D )

It comes off as cheap & at least to me, not creative. You can probably get a better burger or coffee at a mom & pop place which will cost you less if you think it through. So it's not about the money. It's just not all that romantic, quiet, intimate etc.

• Like 2
I'm totally serious about this. Would this be a dealbreaker for you ladies?

Depends on the woman.

I'm not dressing up to leave my house to specifically go to a fast food restaurant. It's one thing if we were out already doing something and got hungry and stopped in for a bite but to pre-plan to go to McDonald's or something...uhh no.:confused: Funnily, where I live too I guess even the fast food places are more "upscale" fastfood chains like Panera Bread, Chipotle, Shake Shack and such...there are no McDonald's, Burger Kings, Wendy's and one's like that.

I would err on the side of no. I can see more going wrong with this than a woman being upset you took her to a place that was nicer. Also, fast food isn't even that cheap these days so for a similar price why not go to a sit down place where they have better options and actually serve you? I'm also a foodie personally, not every woman is, and thus I do gauge stuff about a man by his choice of food or what he recommends as a good place to eat. If he thinks going to Burger King is a great date plan, we're most likely different in a lot of other ways as well.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 2

Not me beyond the age of 18

Not me, ever.

I like guys who lead a healthy lifestyle. I wouldn't mind stopping off at a grocery store deli for more interesting and healthier choices.

• Like 1

The first date should be someplace nice if you like her. But after that it's not a bad idea to plan a stop at one on occasion, maybe on the way somewhere else as d0nni said. It's actually a really good way to weed out the snobs from the down to earth women. If you can't even get her to go to some variety of fast food once in a while without a big sourpuss face you're in for a doozy.

todreaminblue

Honestly if i was dating a guy i wouldnt care where he took me....because the dating process to me is simply to get to know the person i wish to date.....but...in saying that.....its pretty unimaginative......if money were the problem then i would respect much more a free date somewhere beautiful..somewhere special to inspire thoughts and conversation.drinking water and eating fruit..

fast food places are often crowded and full of kids.....i love kids...but when i am on a date i want to be an adult not a kid......i always feel like sliding down the slide at maccas...and its distracting......to keep my attention the guy would have to be awesome at conversation..otherwise my eyes are sliding to the slide........i have always wondered if i would get stuck in the middle somehow and would actually fit in the slide......

i feel a star full and moonlit walk with a 50 cent ice cream or a beach at dawn with brekkie of chilled fruit or a walk in the park with duck food late afternoon or even those bikes you can hire on a lake watching them midday under the shade of a leafy tree..with a packed lunch and a blanket to sit on......is a much better use of imagination......shows a bit of planning a bit of commitment and an interest in the person you are dating and a freedom to share what thoughts you are inspired to say in an environment that begs inspiration to be had..........best wishes.......deb

The first date should be someplace nice if you like her. But after that it's not a bad idea to plan a stop at one on occasion, maybe on the way somewhere else as d0nni said. It's actually a really good way to weed out the snobs from the down to earth women. If you can't even get her to go to some variety of fast food once in a while without a big sourpuss face you're in for a doozy.

I don't see a man who eats a healthy diet as a 'snob'. I see him as someone who has good perspective and will be an active, positive lifestyle into our older years. Better a lean, mean hiking machine than pudgy couch potato at 50.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

People in general like burgers, pizza, etc.. But what I've always done, is gotten the food ahead of time (women love it when you remember their favorite orders) and have it attached to something else. Whether it's a picnic, going to the drive-in, etc..

I like to save sit down dinner dates for places with an actual menu and a bit more ambiance.

I don't see a man who eats a healthy diet as a 'snob'. I see him as someone who has good perspective and will be an active, positive lifestyle into our older years. Better a lean, mean hiking machine than pudgy couch potato at 50.

Haha. It's funny because one motivation I have for working out six days a week (aside from practicing what I preach to my clients) is to allow the once a week junk food binge. Just because people eat actual fun human food from time to time, doesn't necessarily reflect their lifestyle choices. I like to be an 85%'er when it comes to healthy eating. Eat clean and smart most of the time, and actually have fun sometimes too.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Like 1

I recently met up with a guy, and I suggested Subway. (he doesn't seem interested so its fading)

But I thought it was a good meet up place.

I say any place that serves coffee in general even fast food is good if you're calling it a *meetup* and that's prob the best way instead of calling the first meeting a date because if you call it a date I wouldn't consider fast food to be so great no.

• Like 1
  • Author

So what are good date ideas for adult women if you're on a budget? Does bowling or miniature golf seem ok or does that also seem a bit too teenagerish?

If the date invitation is for dinner and you're out of school and making your own money, then it needs to be a real cafe or sandwich place (like Panera Bread) or restaurant. If the date was for a movie or some other activity and dinner wasn't planned, then you ask if they want a burger or whatever is nearby.

If you're in school, then whatever your budget will allow is fine except on special occasions, birthday, Valentine's, prom.

Not to a chain but I took my wife to a mom and pop cheese steak place and it went very well.

So what are good date ideas for adult women if you're on a budget? Does bowling or miniature golf seem ok or does that also seem a bit too teenagerish?

Bowling & mini golf are fine but neither are inexpensive.

Meals at a fast food place are still going run you $20 - $30. You would do better making a picnic for the two of you.

Going for a hike, playing a sport, playing tourist in your town, going to a museum are all options.

• Like 1

There's nothing really that unhealthy about eating at a fast food place every now and then, that's the problem. If you're eating there everyday, getting a supersized meal with a large coke then of course it's going to cause some issues. But they're the same issues you're gonna get if you hit the deli everyday for a sandwich with something like salami and load it with mayo.

I get if there's certain fast food places you don't like that much, but if you won't do any at all then it does show kind of a snobby inflexibility, which is an attitude that probably spills over into other aspects of the relationship too.

BlackOpsZombieGirl

Fast food for an Official First Date? Um, probably not. At least, *I* wouldn't take a guy for a date to McD's or Taco Bell or Popeyes lol.

For a first time MEET UP though? Then yes! There's nothing wrong with taking a girl (or guy) to any fast food place for a first time "meet up" to see if there's even any chem or ANY kind of connection with them at all! But if it's for coffee, I'd probably make the meet up at Starbucks or at a nice restaurant to have coffee ONLY; for convos and to see if there's a spark there. Trust me, I know what it's like to have to live on a budget! ;)

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

BOZG,

I would send you a PM, but don't have access to that feature since I'm not premium.. Noticed on your profile that you like to make horror movie trailers. I actually did some professional video editing and still love it as a hobby. So I'm curious what you edit with. I use Final Cut Pro primarily now.

BTW - Laughed out loud at the mention of Popeye's. Haha

Fast Food Dates are the ONLY dates I've ever been taken on, so I am okay with it. However, I don't suggest you take my opinion as recommendation that you SHOULD do it, because there's definitely a good chance it won't be well received. Stay on the safe side and avoid it unless you specifically know a girl likes a particular place.

Dammit Phoe! I don't like that at all!

You need to get those guys to up their game!

Nan. Even for a first meeting I'd suggest going to a cozy coffee place instead. It's not like fast food places are the only cheap places to hang out nowadays...

• Like 2