First kiss - when do guys want this?

spiderowl

I'm curious to know when a guy would ideally want to go for a first kiss? On a first date, second date? If he leaves it longer, at what point would he feel he'd gone past the right time? At what point would he feel there was no likelihood of the relationship being more than platonic? Do guys ever try it when it feels too early for them but they think they should?

Apart from for obvious reasons, what is a guy trying to get across by a first kiss? Just that he wants to? That's he's interested in more than friendship? What is your purpose?

Sorry if this sounds too analytic; it's just the way I am :)

Edited by spiderowl
fitnessfan365

If I'm attracted to a woman and enjoy her company, I always kiss her on the FIRST DATE. Half the time I don't even wait until the end. One of my favorite things to do, is if a woman expresses being self conscious because I'm a personal trainer and I like her, I'll pull her in, kiss her softly, and say "Does that answer your question?"

Now in terms of what this means? For me it is simply expressing basic interest that I'd like to see her again. Beyond that I have no expectations whatsoever.

For me I usually try to go for a first kiss on the first or second date depending on how well it went and for the type or girl that I am with. I would say during each date give him a sign to know you are ready for a kiss so he would know. See what he says and his actions after the kiss, don't get too intimate unless its fine because it lets you see what kind of guy he actually is. If he takes you on maybe 3 or more dates and no signs for a kiss has been made he might feel that you're uninterested in him.

I usually give a first kiss to show that I am interested. Usually to create mood or to see how the other person feels for you at the moment.

• Author
For me I usually try to go for a first kiss on the first or second date depending on how well it went and for the type or girl that I am with. I would say during each date give him a sign to know you are ready for a kiss so he would know. See what he says and his actions after the kiss, don't get too intimate unless its fine because it lets you see what kind of guy he actually is. If he takes you on maybe 3 or more dates and no signs for a kiss has been made he might feel that you're uninterested in him.

I usually give a first kiss to show that I am interested. Usually to create mood or to see how the other person feels for you at the moment.

What would be a sign?

To be honest I'm not sure. I usually go in for the kiss when Things feel right.

You can try to give eye contact and smile a lot during the date(s) if you are interested in him. Maybe try to be a little physically like inch in close to him when you're doing something. During one of my first dates I took a girl out to eat and as I was ordering the food she moved close to me and I felt her on my arm which was a good thing. Hand touching or holding hands would be a good idea. Hmmmm

I've had guys go as soon as the 2nd date, to as long as dating for 2 months.

Never on the first date though!

ThaWholigan

Happens when we're feeling it. Whether that's 1st or 3rd or 2 months down the line!

FWIW, every woman I've dated bar one, I've kissed on the 1st date. The exception kissed me on the second. Just how it's been, but it depends on the girl and the dynamic between us.

First date always - unless we're not into you - or sense you're not into us. In that case - never lol.

SawtoothMars

Technically women are supposed to give you a signal. However, this rarely happens in practice... so most guys learn to just go for it no matter what.

rocketman122

I have never been turned down for a kiss. its usually within an hour. friday I was kissing her within 30 minutes. you could see how she was calm and I gave her a hug and I could hear her breathing hard and her hands were moving, I gave her a kiss and she got fired up. she was in attack mode with that tongue. she was waiting for it.

fitnessfan365
I have never been turned down for a kiss. its usually within an hour. friday I was kissing her within 30 minutes. you could see how she was calm and I gave her a hug and I could hear her breathing hard and her hands were moving, I gave her a kiss and she got fired up. she was in attack mode with that tongue. she was waiting for it.

My mindset as well. You obviously have to use common sense and make sure there is chemistry. But if there, you ALWAYS act on it. That's why I've never had an awkward kissing moment either.

BUT...If a woman rams her tongue down my throat instantly, I get turned off. I love making out as much as the next guy, but give it a little bit of time to heat up. This one woman I went out with a month ago had her tongue down my throat the second my lips touched hers.

I am a woman. I always wanted a 1st kiss to end the 1st date. The only man who didn't give me that was my husband. He waited until our 3rd date to kiss me. I was extremely frustrated & if he had not kissed me that night I was fully prepared to break up with him.

Yes a kiss is a sign that the person wants to be more than friends.

There seems to be quite a few who say it's got to be the first date. Why?

I have tons of people I can hang out with, talk to, have dinner with, go to the movies with etc. I can only kiss men I am romantic with / dating. The sooner we figure out which category somebody is in the better. Plus kissing is fun. Why put it off? Finally if the kissing is bad & not fixable, there's no future & I'd rather know sooner than later.

I personally see no reason for hard and fast rules about it.

I will admit, the man who dated me for 2 months had me concerned at about the 1 month mark... that was a bit too long.

But in contrast, the man who kissed me on the 2nd date caught me off guard, I'd never been kissed that soon. The soonest before that was 2 weeks of dating.