Silly question

pinkttulips

pinkttulips

Hi,

I'm new to the dating world. This question may seem a bit silly, but I really have a hard time telling.

What are the signs that a man is interested?

Here's the scenario. I know a guy who is a real-estate agent and he is helping me find a place to buy. Known him for a while but not very well. As we were parting ways the other day (after looking at a place), he stood there and eye-balled me up and down and then up and down again (like a double up and down kind of thing and very obvious) and then said "give me a hug." Then we parted ways. Does that mean anything? Not sure how to take that. Yes, I would be interested in this guy, but I have already made a fool out of myself in the past with other guys and not wanting to do that again. lol Thank in advance for the insight. :)

I hope it does. Because if it doesn't his behavior toward you in what would otherwise be a professional capacity was way out of line

• Like 1
  • Author
pinkttulips

Thanks, I agree that it would be considered unprofessional. But we sort of know each other, so I didnt think it was a big deal and he must have felt comfortable enough with me. So, I will take that as a yes, it is possible that he is interested. :D

Re the eye-balling and hug.

I think all that indicates at this point is that he finds you attractive and would no doubt want to have sex with you.

Had he asked you out on a date ..to dinner, to a show, my answer would be different.

You just have to see if he calls you and asks you out on a date. That would be the next indicator of interest.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365
You just have to see if he calls you and asks you out on a date. That would be the next indicator of interest.

By far the most obvious one. If a guy stays in contact with you and asks you out, that is how he shows his interest,

Did you hug him? I would think that your response would greatly influence whether he asks you out or not.

There's a lot of potential for awkwardness if you didn't.

So did you hug him? What was that like?

Ha, now you get a taste of what men go through trying to read women.

Never heard of a real estate agent doing that with a client. Really strange.

First thought that pops into my mind is that he's gay.

What do you think?

He is already asking you to be physical with him and you haven't even been on a date yet......the only thing he is thinking about is how he is going into your pants.

fitnessfan365
Re the eye-balling and hug.

I think all that indicates at this point is that he finds you attractive and would no doubt want to have sex with you.

Had he asked you out on a date ..to dinner, to a show, my answer would be different.

Or he could be really 'nice" and need a lot of time to work up to it. So instead of just being direct, he checks her out and asks for a hug. Personally, that sounds like something a gay male girlfriend would do, but that's just me.

• Author
pinkttulips

No, he's not gay. He's actually been out of the dating scene himself for quite awhile. He's no longer with his girlfriend, was with her for a few years. So maybe he is also out of practice like me?

soithascometothis

I used to be a real estate agent. Don't forget this guy wants you to close on something so he gets his commission. I'm a guy, and what you described made my skin crawl. It's a well deserved stereotype that agents are sleeze balls (myself excluded :D)

• Author
pinkttulips
I used to be a real estate agent. Don't forget this guy wants you to close on something so he gets his commission. I'm a guy, and what you described made my skin crawl. It's a well deserved stereotype that agents are sleeze balls (myself excluded :D)

I agree there are those sleeze balls out there. But, I have used him before a few years ago and he didnt act like that at all. I have known him for quite a while and at that time he was in a serious relationship, now he's not. So, knowing him, I disagree that he is using that to get a commission. If he was, why wouldn't he have done the same thing when I used him a few years ago???