Besides eharmony and match, does anyone know of any good...

pay dating sites?

I have completely had it with the free sites below and looking to pay for a brand new site because these sites are all about games and I can't deal with it anymore

mingle2

datehookup

okc

tinder

I am so fed up with those sites that I am about to put of pic of me sitting on the toilet was a main photo lol

If you know of any other pay sites let me know

• Like 1

I was reading an article the other day about this. The industry is actually moving toward a business model where the sites are free. They get revenue from advertisers.

That said the trend is toward more boutique sites with a specific limited focus: think Christian Mingle, that site for people in the military, there's one for farmers etc.

So instead of these big sites, what is your passion? Find a dating site that focuses on that.

• Like 1
  • Author
I was reading an article the other day about this. The industry is actually moving toward a business model where the sites are free. They get revenue from advertisers.

That said the trend is toward more boutique sites with a specific limited focus: think Christian Mingle, that site for people in the military, there's one for farmers etc.

So instead of these big sites, what is your passion? Find a dating site that focuses on that.

sports and tv comedy?

sports and tv comedy?

Dude - if you're seriously trying to find a dating site that specializes in TV watchers, you're destined for failure...

• Author
Dude - if you're seriously trying to find a dating site that specializes in TV watchers, you're destined for failure...

Ok what about plus size women?

Well - I just looked - there's BBWCupid, but I think you'd be better off finding something more lifestyle related as opposed to something that's based on a physical attribute. Do you have any interests or something about your background that is a bit more unusual? As someone mentioned, there's the Farmer Website, Christian and Religiously Oriented Sites, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Enthusiasts, Cooking sites, etc. While I haven't used any of them - even if things don't work out romantically, I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to make some friends who could then introduce you to some of their friends.

Ok what about plus size women?

www.bbwcupid.com

For sports lovers: www.mvpdate.com or www.thepostgame.com The 2nd one also has an app. Also perfectmatch and fansingles

There is even one for TV lovers: http://www.tvlovers.co.uk

I don't know anything about any of them but found them very easily. Did you even look?

Also you may be able to find services that will set you up to play a sport with somebody. Right before I met my husband I was looking into this group that matched people to play golf.

mortensorchid

I've done all of them, and quite honestly this is what I have to say about these websites (paid or free):

EHarmony is a very expensive way to talk to people. I did it twice and only connected officially with two guys. One lived in a neighboring state, one lived here and we actually met face to face. I think people get frustrated with all the Q & A portion of it. They ask you questions in the beginning which ask you about who you are and what you want. These questions are not without merit, because filling out and asking yourself questions like that can and will do some good to an extend, maybe never asking a question that you had ever heard or asked yourself before. It takes a long time to fill it out, then they ultimately just end up matching you with people who are within your radius of X amount of miles from your zip code. Then when you want to meet someone, you have to answer more questions until they decide they want to meet you or not. And then if you request the fast track you look desperate.

Match you will have to most luck in connecting to as well as meeting people face to face. Why? It gets the most traffic and has the best advertising. What will happen to you on this website? You will meet people, to be sure. But don't hold your breath. I met a guy about five years ago through it, he was a vain, narcissistic snob who thought when I introduced him to some of my friends that he was better than they were. They all looked trashy and ugly and uneducated. God forbid that I would ever say that about him, right? He treated me badly and abandoned me. I could have gotten that out of any white collar, college educated man as much as I would from a blue collared one.

Tinder, OKC, POF and all the free ones - You will go out with the guy once. Chances are he will be working class. You will have a meal / drink and then never hear from him again.

This is just as likely to happen with the other paid websites as well. Remember, if you haven't heard from the person within the first 24-48 hours after the first get together, you will not hear from them again. Internet dates are no different than otherwise real life dates, the medium of exchange has changed.

• Like 1
  • Author
I've done all of them, and quite honestly this is what I have to say about these websites (paid or free):

EHarmony is a very expensive way to talk to people. I did it twice and only connected officially with two guys. One lived in a neighboring state, one lived here and we actually met face to face. I think people get frustrated with all the Q & A portion of it. They ask you questions in the beginning which ask you about who you are and what you want. These questions are not without merit, because filling out and asking yourself questions like that can and will do some good to an extend, maybe never asking a question that you had ever heard or asked yourself before. It takes a long time to fill it out, then they ultimately just end up matching you with people who are within your radius of X amount of miles from your zip code. Then when you want to meet someone, you have to answer more questions until they decide they want to meet you or not. And then if you request the fast track you look desperate.

Match you will have to most luck in connecting to as well as meeting people face to face. Why? It gets the most traffic and has the best advertising. What will happen to you on this website? You will meet people, to be sure. But don't hold your breath. I met a guy about five years ago through it, he was a vain, narcissistic snob who thought when I introduced him to some of my friends that he was better than they were. They all looked trashy and ugly and uneducated. God forbid that I would ever say that about him, right? He treated me badly and abandoned me. I could have gotten that out of any white collar, college educated man as much as I would from a blue collared one.

Tinder, OKC, POF and all the free ones - You will go out with the guy once. Chances are he will be working class. You will have a meal / drink and then never hear from him again.

This is just as likely to happen with the other paid websites as well. Remember, if you haven't heard from the person within the first 24-48 hours after the first get together, you will not hear from them again. Internet dates are no different than otherwise real life dates, the medium of exchange has changed.

Yes it is which is why I never bought a membership

I did not see POF on your list... that's one of the top free sites, depending on your area.

I like Match the best. They have a huge grocery list of items at the bottom of profiles... one side has what they bring to the table, the other side shows what they are looking for in a person. The profiles have a ton of info, and I like it because I'm picky. See how silly that sounds ladies, coming from the other side of the fence :laugh:

• Author
I did not see POF on your list... that's one of the top free sites, depending on your area.

I like Match the best. They have a huge grocery list of items at the bottom of profiles... one side has what they bring to the table, the other side shows what they are looking for in a person. The profiles have a ton of info, and I like it because I'm picky. See how silly that sounds ladies, coming from the other side of the fence :laugh:

That's because POF has lead to me actually meeting someone nice and allowed me to meet someone nice earlier this evening. Those other 4 free sites are trash

• Author

Match is also a $1000 for a membership:D:D

There is an app called Coffee Meets Bagel(CMB) and it is by far the best dating site I've used if you are looking for a more traditional dating experience. Their app is based of the model of getting 1 match(bagel) a day at noon instead of being able to look through hundreds a day. The whole point is that because you only get 1 a day, it makes it more special and people take it more seriously. The girls I've matched with on CMB are much more "looking for relationships" type girls. Give it a try if you haven't, definitely recommend it.

Warning though -- its a slow process, just like how its a slow process finding the right person in real life. If youre looking for high quantity replies like Tinder and Pof then you will hate this

toscaroscura

I am so fed up with those sites that I am about to put of pic of me sitting on the toilet was a main photo lol

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks for my first belly laugh today!

• Author
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks for my first belly laugh today!

When I am ready to do something like that it means I have lost interest in the sites due to a long period of time without any progress. So a picture of me sitting on the toilet is no different than a regular picture since I didn't get any replies with the regular picture lol