Did he enjoy our date?

CarbonCopy

I went on a date last night with a guy I met online. I really had a wonderful time and I was actually attracted to him, which was great. He seemed like he had a great time as well - he said he loved the food, the live music, and my company.

We didn't end up leaving until like 1:30 in the morning. He was telling me all these stories etc etc and I loved it. He texted me when he got home that he was home safe and that it was nice seeing me.

The next day we texted a bit but we we were both working so it wasn't a lot. He asked me how my day was and I responded and asked how his was and I never heard back from him. I just texted him before saying good morning and to enjoy the beautiful day.

Now I'm totally confused. I was so excited that it was a great date and I liked him. I definitely thought he was into me as well. Am I reading too much into this?

that's the crap shoot of OLD. The date can go wonderfully well, and you think that a connection has been made, but then they vaporize. It could be a number of reasons why he didn't contact you: life emergency, job emergency, his girlfriend found out, he put on a front to get through the evening, he's painfully shy and is afraid to admit his feelings for you to himself--take your pick.

You've done all you can do. The ball is in his court now, so occupy your time with dating other guys, get into activities you like to do. If this is meant to be, he will contact you and want to see you again.

Your post is not clear...if your date was last night, how could you text the next day? Also, when you exhange do texts "the next day", who texted first?

• Author
Your post is not clear...if your date was last night, how could you text the next day? Also, when you exhange do texts "the next day", who texted first?

Sorry, I'm thinking today is Saturday! We went out Friday night. I replied to his text Saturday morning, he replied, then I said we'd talk later because we're both busy at work. Then later that day after work is when he texted me asking how my day was and I didn't hear back from him.

Sorry for my error.

Sweetie, you are texting too much. You had a great date two nights ago, he texted when he got home which shows he likes you.

Now sit back and relax. You had one date, you are not in a relationship. At this stage, there is absolutely no reason to be sending him "good morning" texts or texting everyday.

My guess is you are spooking the poor guy....leave him alone. Let him think about you and wonder about you!

If you don't calm down about this and give him the space he needs to think about you and miss you, you are gonna turn him off and lose any opportunity you had to continue dating him.

Okay?

fitnessfan365
Sweetie, you are texting too much. You had a great date two nights ago, he texted when he got home which shows he likes you.

Now sit back and relax. You had one date, you are not in a relationship. At this stage, there is absolutely no reason to be sending him "good morning" texts or texting everyday.

My guess is you are spooking the poor guy....leave him alone. Let him think about you and wonder about you!

If you don't calm down about this and give him the space he needs to think about you and miss you, you are gonna turn him off and lose any opportunity you had to continue dating him.

Okay?

Ding, ding, ding.. We have a winner.

This is exactly why I set a trend in the beginning that I don't text. In real life, when I get a woman's number I call her on the phone. If it's online dating, I'll give my number because I have no way of knowing if she's genuinely interested. It's just email. When she texts me, I respond with "I'll call you later. When are you free to talk on the phone?" Then I'll make a date with her.

I'll take 5 minute calls that lead to setting actual dates anyday over texting marathons all day that don't go anywhere.

• Like 1
Ding, ding, ding.. We have a winner.

This is exactly why I set a trend in the beginning that I don't text. In real life, when I get a woman's number I call her on the phone. If it's online dating, I'll give my number because I have no way of knowing if she's genuinely interested. It's just email. When she texts me, I respond with "I'll call you later. When are you free to talk on the phone?" Then I'll make a date with her.

I'll take 5 minute calls that lead to setting actual dates anyday over texting marathons all day that don't go anywhere.

unbelievably true! if i could like this 1mil times i would. iv had girls marathon text me eevry day and i would participate just as much. even getting the good morning <3<3 texts every day etc. im thinking they are into me and interested. how wrong could i be?! you can nevee tell when a girl is interested.

this idea of 5 min phone call is soo good cos girls always text. why dont they pick up?!

great post btw

fitnessfan365
unbelievably true! if i could like this 1mil times i would. iv had girls marathon text me eevry day and i would participate just as much. even getting the good morning <3<3 texts every day etc. im thinking they are into me and interested. how wrong could i be?! you can nevee tell when a girl is interested.

this idea of 5 min phone call is soo good cos girls always text. why dont they pick up?!

great post btw

Thanks man. Another way to look at it is this. Have you ever noticed that when a woman is attracted to a guy she becomes a bit more withdrawn? She doesn't want to tell him everything about herself and text all day. That's how women act with friends and guys who are their emotional support/therapists,

So even though its counter-intuitive, the more a woman reaches out just to talk, the less actual attraction she actually has. Now that's not to say that communication isn't important. It definitely is. But regular communication should come later wjen you're already in a relationship.