zero ambition?

SeelBubble

So the guy I'm with (1 year +) is giving me major mixed messages. He works as a sales assistant in a store ATM as do I whilst I finis my uni degree. He's a couple of years older than me and already has his degree.

The issue I have is that for almost a year now he's been complaining about working in retail with such a low wage etc. So I told him to have a look for a more fulfilling job, he's a graduate after all. I even text him once when I saw a decent looking job in the paper (rurned out it wasn't for him but no big deal)

The problem is that he keeps telling me there are no jobs available which is simply not true! He doesn't bother looking or handing out any CVS or even asking around but continues to moan and complain about working in retail to me.

At first I figured it was none of my business but on the other hand i 'm very ambitious and keen to get onto the career ladder as soon as I graduate. Is he being lazy? Or is it a lack of ambition? And am I wrong to care?

Ruby Slippers

It's a turn-off when someone complains about their job all the time but doesn't take steps to find something better. He doesn't sound very motivated to improve the situation, just likes venting to you about it. I wouldn't help him find a job. He's a grown man. Do you really want to have to mother/father your man? Accept and love him as he is or move on.

• Like 1
So the guy I'm with (1 year +) is giving me major mixed messages. He works as a sales assistant in a store ATM as do I whilst I finis my uni degree. He's a couple of years older than me and already has his degree.

The issue I have is that for almost a year now he's been complaining about working in retail with such a low wage etc. So I told him to have a look for a more fulfilling job, he's a graduate after all. I even text him once when I saw a decent looking job in the paper (rurned out it wasn't for him but no big deal)

The problem is that he keeps telling me there are no jobs available which is simply not true! He doesn't bother looking or handing out any CVS or even asking around but continues to moan and complain about working in retail to me.

At first I figured it was none of my business but on the other hand i 'm very ambitious and keen to get onto the career ladder as soon as I graduate. Is he being lazy? Or is it a lack of ambition? And am I wrong to care?

this is one more example that he is not the right guy for you.

If you're ambitious, you need a man who is ambitious or you won't be happy. If he wants to lack ambition, that's his right and he doesn't have to change to please you. You either are OK with that and you stick around or you're not and you bounce. He's not a renovation project.

• Like 2