I contacted a coworker I haven't seen in about ten years...what would you think?

VedderisBetter

VedderisBetter

I used to work for a riverboat company, and I remembered this one cute girl that worked there. She flat out said "I like you" and I said "What?" and she didn't repeat it. I knew her name and the state she lived in so I did a Facebook search for her. I found her, emailed her and told her who I am. She's definitely aged well! Girls, would you be freaked out by this or would it get you excited if a guy you liked finally found you on Facebook? I explained to her I was thinking about that job randomly and told her I remembered her.

Edited by VedderisBetter

Actually, it doesn't matter what we think....

What does SHE think?

Is she pleased you got in touch?

Has she found someone else, now?

These are the questions you need to consider

I used to work for a riverboat company, and I remembered this one cute girl that worked there. She flat out said "I like you" and I said "What?" and she didn't repeat it. I knew her name and the state she lived in so I did a Facebook search for her. I found her, emailed her and told her who I am. She's definitely aged well! Girls, would you be freaked out by this or would it get you excited if a guy you liked finally found you on Facebook? I explained to her I was thinking about that job randomly and told her I remembered her.

It would depend upon what's going on in my life.

If I was single and free, I may be excited. If I was in a relationship with someone, I wouldn't encourage you.

It's FB. I wouldn't care nor would I think much about it than people reach back to old acquaintances.

If I was still single & I never got a straight answer about why he rejected me years ago I would be intrigued.

• Author
VedderisBetter

Well she accepted my friend request. Now to see if she will respond to my message lol.

fitnessfan365

I actually went through this a few years ago.

I had a massive crush on a girl I worked with when I was 20. But I had no confidence and was clueless with women. So I settled for a workplace friendship with her.

Years later, she texts me out of the blue. She said she always wondered how I was. Now that I had way more confidence and experience with women, I treated her like a potential date. Flirted, teased her, and asked her out. When we got together, I told her straight out how badly I wanted her back then. She admitted to having feelings for me back then too. So I acted on it. In the end she ended up reconciling with her ex husband and I was just a placeholder. But it was still a great experience.

• Author
VedderisBetter

We only worked like a month or two together ten years ago. We worked as cruise reservationists and there was only 4 of us. I had never had a girlfriend at that point and had no clue about women lol. We were both 18 at the time. The only problem is I got fired from that job but if she knows about that hopefully it's not held against me. I may have dated her if we had been coworkers longer who knows. I was fired for performance issues.

Looking up and contacting friends and family is how facebook was made.

One problem you might encounter is that she lives far away. It's hard to kiss when you are not there. It's kind of like a dog chasing a car... what would he do with it if he caught it?!

• Author
VedderisBetter

It's been three days since Facebook says she read the message but she hasn't responded to my message. She has two kids and works and goes to school. How much time should I give her before I just delete her? It's tempting now lol. Why would she add me and not respond? Makes no sense but she may add people just to add them.

DoesntGetIt
I actually went through this a few years ago.

I had a massive crush on a girl I worked with when I was 20. But I had no confidence and was clueless with women. So I settled for a workplace friendship with her.

Years later, she texts me out of the blue. She said she always wondered how I was. Now that I had way more confidence and experience with women, I treated her like a potential date. Flirted, teased her, and asked her out. When we got together, I told her straight out how badly I wanted her back then. She admitted to having feelings for me back then too. So I acted on it. In the end she ended up reconciling with her ex husband and I was just a placeholder. But it was still a great experience.

That is often when this type of thing happens. As I went through my divorce I reached out to old acquaintances. That is the time your mind wanders back to all you may have missed.