That empty feeling you get after you realize it's just really not gonna work

StillLookin

StillLookin

Been dating someone for about two months now. The whole time I thought she was great and that we can some long-term potential but at dinner tonight, I just kinda concluded otherwise midway. I'm guessing she had enjoyed it up to this point as she setup half the dates but thankfully I feel she picked up on my tentativeness and ended it with a peck on the cheek instead of our usual more intimate interactions. I'm hoping for the mutual fade now and just cut contact with each other.

Sigh sorry I dunno I guess I should be lucky it was only two months and that we both didn't invest more into it. Similar experiences? I'm just feeling tired right now, thankful it's a day off tomorrow.

SearchingForMyself

last night went to a womans house, we had been talking each other up for 4 months before our first meeting.

No chemistry,

all of a sudden, 4 months of a seemingly great friendship crumbled in the course of one night.

i do not place the blame on just one shoulder

it was both of us...and the fact that she was a self proclaimed slut and i wasnt feeling it

sometimes, dude, things just dont work out. No point in dwelling on the reasons.

I do that at times and it gets me nowhere. would you rather pretend to like her because you felt sorry for her? she is not a reject, you just found out she isn

t right for you, that

s all

• Author
StillLookin
last night went to a womans house, we had been talking each other up for 4 months before our first meeting.

No chemistry,

all of a sudden, 4 months of a seemingly great friendship crumbled in the course of one night.

i do not place the blame on just one shoulder

it was both of us...and the fact that she was a self proclaimed slut and i wasnt feeling it

sometimes, dude, things just dont work out. No point in dwelling on the reasons.

I do that at times and it gets me nowhere. would you rather pretend to like her because you felt sorry for her? she is not a reject, you just found out she isn

t right for you, that

s all

Yeah I know, the blame game gets nowhere not that I blame her in the least. She's a great person and we are who we are. I dunno, I've gone on like 30 dates with different women over the course of the last half year.

I guess some guys would think that's great but I just feel like it's damn embarrassing.

Been dating someone for about two months now. The whole time I thought she was great and that we can some long-term potential but at dinner tonight, I just kinda concluded otherwise midway. I'm guessing she had enjoyed it up to this point as she setup half the dates but thankfully I feel she picked up on my tentativeness and ended it with a peck on the cheek instead of our usual more intimate interactions. I'm hoping for the mutual fade now and just cut contact with each other.

Sigh sorry I dunno I guess I should be lucky it was only two months and that we both didn't invest more into it. Similar experiences? I'm just feeling tired right now, thankful it's a day off tomorrow.

First off, are you quite sure the midway was a solid deal-breaker? If not, then maybe you can talk about it with her. Is it possible that your tentativeness was just normal caution or was it full-on deal-breaker?

Do you know how devastated she will be if you did the disappearing game

she will always ask why! what did I do!

man up and tell her it's not working because

thank you for your time

I wish you happiness and blah blah blah

disappearing is just so heartless and cruel!

• Author
StillLookin
First off, are you quite sure the midway was a solid deal-breaker? If not, then maybe you can talk about it with her. Is it possible that your tentativeness was just normal caution or was it full-on deal-breaker?

There wasn't a traditional 'deal-breaker' like she's wants 10 children or whatnot but I felt her maturity level wasn't quite there despite us being the same age. Besides, if I'm feeling this tentativeness before we're even in a relationship, how bad is it gonna be down the line?

Also she texted me last night before I went to bed, just thanking me for dinner and nothing else like usual so I do feel like she got the message. I thanked her for her time and good night.