Do women like married men?

singlelife

I assume in most cases the women who married them like them...I suppose it helps :laugh:

As for other women...some do, some don't. Some might act on it, some might just look and say if he was single, they definitely would...

• Like 1

As a married man I can say I get on much more married than when I am single though not as much in California as I did in Jersey. Out here I can have a platonic conversation with a woman much easier without her trying to flirt with me when she sees the ring.

Some do. A male friend of mine calls his wedding band the Ring of Power. He claims that it makes women who would not have given him the time of day when he was single hit on him all the time. I never knew him to be unfaithful; it was sort of a joke. My husband claims to have experienced a similar phenomenon.

Are they really being hit on or are some women just a bit more forward because they know the married man is out of bounds.

I worked in an environment once where there were a lot of women and some married men. There was a lot of flirting from some of the women, but enter a single man, who was actually available, that obvious flirting mostly stopped.

I believe it was a form of pseudo-flirting with the married men, flirting but with no end goal, done more for amusement than actual flirting with a purpose. Most of the men involved were not really attractive, but they were flattered I could see that.

• Like 2
Ruby Slippers

It works both ways. I get a lot more interest from men when I'm in a relationship than when I'm single. One of nature's annoying tricks.

I've also found in working with a lot of male business owners that the most flirtatious ones by far are married.

I would like a married man...to be married to me. :p

Otherwise, no having an affair with a married man isn't on my Top 10 List.

• Like 3
Are they really being hit on or are some women just a bit more forward because they know the married man is out of bounds.

I worked in an environment once where there were a lot of women and some married men. There was a lot of flirting from some of the women, but enter a single man, who was actually available, that obvious flirting mostly stopped.

I believe it was a form of pseudo-flirting with the married men, flirting but with no end goal, done more for amusement than actual flirting with a purpose. Most of the men involved were not really attractive, but they were flattered I could see that.

If the women are asking for a number/date/sex then that to me is hitting on a MM.

Otherwise though I agree with Elaine that married men are 'safe' to have a bit of a flirt and banter with.

Where I work there wouldn't be much fun at all if people didn't pseudo flirt every day.

There's only ever been two married men that I pseudo flirted with - one was a long time friend (over 20 years) and the other was someone I worked with.

Both went too far so I backed right off.

So my answer would be yes I like married men, they are great fun to have around - but that is where it stops as I respect then and their wives whether I have met their wives or not.

Ladies is it true?

If you mean do I like married men only "because" they're married, no. Married men can be douchebags just as single men can.

But there are plenty of married guys who are great, just as there are single guys who are great...doesn't mean I'm gonna be "attracted to" them though.

Some do. A male friend of mine calls his wedding band the Ring of Power. He claims that it makes women who would not have given him the time of day when he was single hit on him all the time. I never knew him to be unfaithful; it was sort of a joke. My husband claims to have experienced a similar phenomenon.

Those women are totally effed up IMO ....

Those women are totally effed up IMO ....

I think some women see that the married man is not a commitphobe; he got married, he has accepted that lifestyle, he is decent, he has a house, he has kids. He is perfect marriage material.

She looks around at the available men, she sees the jerks who mess around, who don't care for women, who use women as objects and she thinks,

"I want that guy, I want that married man, he will look after me, he is sensible and nice, I will boot his wife out of the way, as I am better then she is."

Some women if successful in getting him interested in them, will accept the OW role, but others want the marriage split up pronto and to be installed as the new Mrs ......, and nothing else will do.

• Like 2
More women hit on me sexually while married than during all my decades of being unmarried.

its true, being married and unavailable puts a man four rungs up the attractive scale

• Like 1

Sometimes their wives do, but that's far from a sure thing.

But yes, plenty of other women like some married men.

I think some women see that the married man is not a commitphobe; he got married, he has accepted that lifestyle, he is decent, he has a house, he has kids. He is perfect marriage material.

She looks around at the available men, she sees the jerks who mess around, who don't care for women, who use women as objects and she thinks,

"I want that guy, I want that married man, he will look after me, he is sensible and nice, I will boot his wife out of the way, as I am better then she is."

Some women if successful in getting him interested in them, will accept the OW role, but others want the marriage split up pronto and to be installed as the new Mrs ......, and nothing else will do.

... and you think this is a healthy, functional way to think, feel and conduct oneself? To become attracted to a married man, become the OW, hoping he will leave his wife and be with you? Because he is stable, DECENT, has a house and kids?

Sweetie, if a man is willing to cheat on his wife to be with you (or any woman) that man is NOT decent!

I stick to what I originally said. Any woman who conducts herself in this way is effed up...

• Like 2

Nope. Finding out that a man is married puts an instant "NOPE" stamped right across his forehead.

We got a new guy at work a while back, nerdy interests, red hair, sweet demeanor. I found myself a bit interested. Then I find out he's married and it's like someone dumped water on my interest, totally extinguished.

... and you think this is a healthy, functional way to think, feel and conduct oneself? To become attracted to a married man, become the OW, hoping he will leave his wife and be with you? Because he is stable, DECENT, has a house and kids?

Sweetie, if a man is willing to cheat on his wife to be with you (or any woman) that man is NOT decent!

I stick to what I originally said. Any woman who conducts herself in this way is effed up...

Sweetie I am not disagreeing with you.

I wrote "I think some women see..."

• Like 1
Ladies is it true?

well... from my experience... no, it's not true.

very few go after married men on purpose. if they do, it's usually a fetish OR it's a woman in the same position - married but unhappy.

most women want a man with no "baggage" (exW + kids) so there is that.

some do view married man as more desirable because "if he was good enough for her, he'll be good enough for me; if SHE married him, he can't be that bad." seeing a married man is like a "proof" that he can be a family man and provide for his family, to some.

• Like 1