Curious actions or normal?

FringeZone

I've been out with a totally girl 5-6 times, we've done the first kiss, had some make-out sessions, she seems genuinely interested and initiates some contact (physical as well as communicative (i.e. texts)), she has invited me out a couple times, is generally responsive when I contact her, she's invited me to spend the night a couple times, but we haven't had sex yet - we just make out, cuddle, etc., although such activities seem to be quickly escalating the last few times we saw each other, but she seems to just want a hug when I leave (which seems a bit more friendly than romantic).

I haven't been in too many relationships - so I'm not entirely sure what they look like in their formative stages. It seems like it's moving a bit slow, but I think in a positive direction, so I'm not too concerned. I'm just curious to see if people think this looks normal or off. What seems a bit curious is the hug when we part ways, when I first meet her, she's nice, but it takes about an hour or so for her to get comfortable being close (physical contact - she doesn't reject it in the first ~hour, but she doesn't seem to be as into it either), but when she does finally want to get close, she goes all in with grabbing/holding my hands, arms around me, head on shoulder.

As mentioned, I'm guessing this is normal, but I'm just asking for other perspectives due to my general dating naivety.

It sounds like things are going very well... as long as she's making out with you consistently, it's okay!

Do you say nice things to her, do you compliment her? Do you take her out on dates?

Keep in mind that it takes a woman two months to fall in love. Don't count on a relationship until that time.

You don't have to have sex right away for there to be love, but you do want to see the desire for it - that's what making out is.

• Author

I'm not really concerned about how it's classified, dating, relationship, whatever - more whether or not the interactions seems normal and that there's not some crazy problem screaming in my face that I'm oblivious to.

I definitely take her out and do a variety of things for her that (I think) she appreciates. I can't say I really compliment her all that much - I have a few times (definitely not every time I have seen her though).

devilish innocent

She might be a bit shy or just need some time to get in the mood on each date. I don't really see anything wrong here. Things look to be progressing fine.

• Author
She is measuring whether you can have time with affection vs. sexual affection.

Do girls really do this kind of test? Or is it more she's a bit shy and reserved, or she's waiting for me to push things a bit harder/faster?

What's the point of measuring affection versus sexual affection - aren't they pretty similar in a relationship, in particular with the physical contact and kissing?

If you are full on making out with each other, that means she has it in her mind that she would be willing to have sex with you. She might be holding back for other reasons, but overall I'd say things sound like they're going well and you shouldn't worry yet.

• Author
Sounds shy or inexperienced. A goodbye hug, what is wrong with that?

Nothing's explicitly wrong with a hug good-bye. It's obviously nice, but after sleeping together (albeit no sex) and making out, it seems maybe a bit anticlimactic, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

I get the impression that she is a bit on the shy side, or at least trying to prevent herself from getting too hurt - her last boyfriend was apparently a sex addict who continuously cheated on her...so I think she's taking a more cautious approach to hopefully weed out people like that...but who knows.