When A Guy Stares Intensely At A Woman Without Smiling

LoveIsABattlefield36

LoveIsABattlefield36

So what's normally going through your minds when you do this to a woman, fellas?

Especially if the stare is prolonged?

is it that you don't like her? Is it a dominance thing?

what would make you do this and not follow it up with a smile? Literally making her squirm in her seat!

are you a creep? Sociopath? YIKES!

I think it's scary. I've had this happen to me a couple of circumstances, and neither were good. The first time is when I worked in a place that had a warehouse and we got some new employees from another culture. The women loved me and one of them was working closely with me in the office, but the men just stared at me relentlessly and it didn't seem friendly. Now knowing more about the culture, I'm not sure it wasn't just curiosity, but at the time it felt hostile.

The other time I was traveling to a remote Texas town on my job, all dressed up in a suit with another woman with me dressed also professionally. We had time to kill, and this was before the days of mobile phones, so I knew about this truck stop that had phones on the table, so we went there. After awhile, we realized we were being stared at and they weren't even trying to hide it like pieces of meat. I finally realized it being a truckstop they thought we were prostitutes!

So a long deliberate stare they're not even trying to hide I'm going to say is not a good sign.

That said, when I was just turned 21, I worked in a music bar and there was a guy in sunglasses that seemed to be staring all the time but you couldn't tell for sure. Then he started coming in during the day when nothing was happening there and hanging out. Then he helped me move and never quite left. But he didn't just keep up the staring. He graduated to talking to me soon enough.

• Like 2

They are probably deep in thought and haven't even noticed that they are staring at you. You just happen to be in the direction that they are looking.

I know this because I am a bolshy so and so and if I feel threatened I approach in a confident manner and question behaviour! :D

• Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
I think it's scary. I've had this happen to me a couple of circumstances, and neither were good. The first time is when I worked in a place that had a warehouse and we got some new employees from another culture. The women loved me and one of them was working closely with me in the office, but the men just stared at me relentlessly and it didn't seem friendly. Now knowing more about the culture, I'm not sure it wasn't just curiosity, but at the time it felt hostile.

The other time I was traveling to a remote Texas town on my job, all dressed up in a suit with another woman with me dressed also professionally. We had time to kill, and this was before the days of mobile phones, so I knew about this truck stop that had phones on the table, so we went there. After awhile, we realized we were being stared at and they weren't even trying to hide it like pieces of meat. I finally realized it being a truckstop they thought we were prostitutes!

So a long deliberate stare they're not even trying to hide I'm going to say is not a good sign.

That said, when I was just turned 21, I worked in a music bar and there was a guy in sunglasses that seemed to be staring all the time but you couldn't tell for sure. Then he started coming in during the day when nothing was happening there and hanging out. Then he helped me move and never quite left. But he didn't just keep up the staring. He graduated to talking to me soon enough.

Wow, you've had some interesting experiences. Thank goodness you were not alone on that business trip.

Creeps me the hell out when folks stare at others behind sunglasses. At least he talked to you, though.

• Like 1
  • Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
They are probably deep in thought and haven't even noticed that they are staring at you. You just happen to be in the direction that they are looking.

I know this because I am a bolshy so and so and if I feel threatened I approach in a confident manner and question behaviour! :D

You are right as he could have been deep in thought and just happened to look my way, but I am pretty sure that in this particular case, he was looking at me.

I actually started to get nervous (which I never really do) and had half a mind to ask - "what the hell are you staring at!"

• Like 1
  • Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
I do it all the time, one of my slickest moves. I am single by the way. ;)

Ok, so what's the purpose behind it?

Ok, so what's the purpose behind it?

The purpose is, that I was only kidding ;)

Staring is creepy, and indicates a lack of social skills.

• Like 3
  • Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
The purpose is, that I was only kidding ;)

Staring is creepy, and indicates a lack of social skills.

Ah, ok. Gotcha.

I'd actually like to know this too. I've had a couple girls stare, in a non friendly way at me. I had no idea if I should approach them, or they hated me for some reason.

Obviously as a guy, I don't get scared by this, but I can see how girls would get really freaked out. People always recommend strong eye contact when trying to attract someone. Maybe some people just take it a little too far...

• Like 1

The people in my old college were, how do I say this nicely... uhm, not very skilled in subtlety. So when they stared at me you could see the judgement and negativity of their thoughts on their face expressions. Those few times I stared back it still took them a second to notice and look elsewhere; I must say some people can really be read like books.

• Like 1

I always assume they are just looking my way for no apparent reason but are just not smiling.

I remember a first meet I had with a guy and as we were sitting chatting there was another guy just 2 feet away who just stared. Now that was odd!

No smile no nothing. He stared for 20 mins and I suggested we move to a table.

I get looks/stares without smiles quite a lot by men who walk past my desk area at work which used to bother me a bit as I had no clue why they looked (was my skirt trapped in my knickers???!!) but if I notice and break a smile they smile back and it's all good. :) Nothing intended and they were just looking my way en route.

People look at each other, sometimes we aren't smiling.

Long heavy static stares are the ones to be wary of and I would avoid someone who did that.

• Like 2

I've done this to a crush I've had at the gym. I don't stare really though more like give glances than look away. I would see sometimes that she would look over at me at times. Not sure if she was creeped out or not. She would sometimes walk over to use the machine next to the one I'm using though so I suppose if she was creeped out she wouldn't even want to be near me. I'd never pursue her though since I've seen her walk in with some guy twice before.

• Like 1

I'm a guy and I don't stare ;) I'll usually just glance and look away.

Although the other day at the gym this really cute girl was doing squats (decent amt of weight too) and it was hard NOT to stare, but I don't think I did haha.

• Like 1
So what's normally going through your minds when you do this to a woman, fellas?

Especially if the stare is prolonged?

is it that you don't like her? Is it a dominance thing?

what would make you do this and not follow it up with a smile? Literally making her squirm in her seat!

are you a creep? Sociopath? YIKES!

"That's the last time that you steal my parking space. You will pay."

• Like 2

Some guys don't know or understand the difference between eye contact and staring (smiling or not). Most good people were taught during childhood that it's wrong to stare at someone...as it often makes that person feel uncomfortable.

On the flip side, some women are also creeped/weirded out by guys who go out of their way to avoid looking at them and/or sneak glances at them. Those guys tend to come across as unnatural.

Just behave like a normal civilized, courteous, friendly person while out in public.

• Like 2
Some guys don't know or understand the difference between eye contact and staring (smiling or not). Most good people were taught during childhood that it's wrong to stare at someone...as it often makes that person feel uncomfortable.

On the flip side, some women are also creeped/weirded out by guys who go out of their way to avoid looking at them and/or sneak glances at them. Those guys tend to come across as unnatural.

Just behave like a normal civilized, courteous, friendly person while out in public.

Yeah pretty much what he said.

If you're walking towards each other don't be weird and look away or look down at the ground, just glance past them and if they look at you give them a smile! Lol.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

I sometimes get lost in thought and i might stare unintentionally ...i have extrtemely bad eyesight so if its from a distance people dont have to worry that i am looking at them....because everything is fuzzy anyway.....

but as far as a guy staring at me...no smile on his face.......i have found that isnt a good thing.....i would smile to break the ice......if he didnt break the stare ro smile back ....i would look elsewhere....and i would not look back or in his direction..i woudl look down.....that is strategy......i would be submissive.....as an intense stare is often a challenge...just because i act submissive also....does not mean i actually am submissive....it is strategy.....deb

• Like 1
  • Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
I've done this to a crush I've had at the gym. I don't stare really though more like give glances than look away. I would see sometimes that she would look over at me at times. Not sure if she was creeped out or not. She would sometimes walk over to use the machine next to the one I'm using though so I suppose if she was creeped out she wouldn't even want to be near me. I'd never pursue her though since I've seen her walk in with some guy twice before.

No, definitely wasn't creeped out or as you say, she would have NEVER come near you.

• Author
LoveIsABattlefield36

I was really uncomfortable. I probably should of slapped him! Maybe he'd stop staring, then!

• Author
LoveIsABattlefield36
I sometimes get lost in thought and i might stare unintentionally ...i have extrtemely bad eyesight so if its from a distance people dont have to worry that i am looking at them....because everything is fuzzy anyway.....

but as far as a guy staring at me...no smile on his face.......i have found that isnt a good thing.....i would smile to break the ice......if he didnt break the stare ro smile back ....i would look elsewhere....and i would not look back or in his direction..i woudl look down.....that is strategy......i would be submissive.....as an intense stare is often a challenge...just because i act submissive also....does not mean i actually am submissive....it is strategy.....deb

Ha! Good strategy! But can't say I was submissive...kept my face straight but more like a "wtf is going on here?" Mindset.

Nail.on.head. I definitely felt like he was challenging me! Like come on, really???

This is crazy and he needs to get lost! Lol!