Talking about previous sexual partners

sharp9

I've been working with this girl for the past year and in the past couple of months she has been very openly flirty with me as well as making sexual innuendo comments. She has made it clear that she isn't interested in just hooking up but would like to date. Last week she was talking to another girl at work about relationships and she mentioned to the other girl she was seeing this guy and it's not serious and then she told the other girl this sexual nickname she had for him. Now we've talked and she knows I'm interested in her but hearing her say that within earshot of me (I don't know if she knew I could hear her but I had walked past them a couple minutes before and after this conversation) is kind of bugging me. Now she is clearly free to do what she wants. But saying that within earshot of someone you're interested in and is also interested in you just strikes me as really lame. Am I off base?

You are not off base but hopefully this was a mistake on her part because she didn't know you were there.