Double date for first date? Any good outcomes?

unbeknown

Hey all

So I've been speaking to this girl for a while now, and whilst she doesn't reject my invitations to come on a date she has told me she suffers with anxiety. I have no reason to disbelieve her. Having suffered with it myself in the past I know how hard it can be to go out and meet new people.

So anyway, she has finally agreed that she will come on a date if it is a double date with her best friend and her best friend's boyfriend. At this point I feel the only way I will get to meet her and have a one on one date is if I agree to this double date so have said yeah it sounds fun.

Only thing is, I don't find double dates fun at all. I've had 2 in the past and both have ended with me not seeing the girls again. I find them way to impersonal and I can never make a connection. I usually find the girl will almost always end up talking mostly to her friend while I have to make small talk to the other guy. The only time double dates have ever been fun for me is when they are not first dates and I already have a connection with the girl and have already met them a few times.

Maybe this one will be different but for the past two double dates, I've found the other 3 people always quite introverted and I have to instead of keep the conmversation alive for one person, I have to do it for 3 and it's quite exhausting. I defintiely work better one on one and don't want to blow it with this girl.

Basically, does anyone have any happy ending first date double dates ha? Does such a thing exist?

I was on a few successful 1st date double dates, but they weren't my 1st dates. One of those couples got married. The others were together for a while.

It's not so much the double date that is the problem but the caliber of the people on the date. Unless your new date is under 20, the fact that she needs her BFF to go on the date with her, is a yellow flag for me & leads me to believe that your fear may be true.