Sizzle Disappears--Not Sure What I Do Wrong...

stormywind

It seems that when I date someone they are into me at first, but I'm a bit standoffish. (I'm slow to warm up to people). Then what usually happens is, I let my guard down and I start liking them back and start showing it. It seems that once they know this, they lose interest.

I don't sleep with guys right off the bat, so it's not that I'm too easy. I've had this happen in cases where I've slept with the guy and in cases where I haven't.

A friend of mine says that guys like the hunt and that you should say "no" while your eyes are saying "maybe". (I think she means in general, not just in regards to sex).

I think I'm still pretty aloof/independent even after they know I like them--I've never been one to want to spend time with someone 24/7.

I just wonder what I do wrong.

It´s a good question. I suspect I have the same problem. I´ve been told to be self-confident and love myself and a lot of blablabla. I´m still afraid if I let my guards down they run away....

• Author
Originally posted by kooky

It´s a good question. I suspect I have the same problem. I´ve been told to be self-confident and love myself and a lot of blablabla. I´m still afraid if I let my guards down they run away....

To further complicate things, the guy I dated last year (for 6 months) towards the end, kept promising me there was nothing wrong. Then, out of the blue, he dumped me on January 1st. Looking back I think how I really wasn't a relationship to him, but just someone to go out with and have sex with when it fit into his schedule. I think that as I started to feel that our relationship was empty and want more, he left.

I hope someone out there has answers on why once we let our guards down, they run away----or is it just the type of people we are gravitating towards?

Originally posted by stormywind

I hope someone out there has answers on why once we let our guards down, they run away----or is it just the type of people we are gravitating towards?

I wish I knew the answers....