valentines day ideas that will make girl melt

hidingsecret

will be much appreciated if any of you guys can share your experiences on melting a girls heart. i am looking for something really cringeworthy to do for her for her first valentine (im her first bf)

money is not a big issue, nor is treating her too nice (as i didnt get anything for her birthday and regularly treat her mean, LOL). this is my one day to really spoil her.

if you guys could provide some ideas that will be great. if not, it would be nice if you could share what the sweetest thing your SO has done for you is (and most memorable)

thank you!

this ok?

you said "make girl melt" right ?

personally, im the red roses dinner guy. it works its classic and you get laid.

Depends on the girl. A yearly subscription to Cosmo. Failing that, a city-break to Rome or Madrid or even Stoke.

Or if worst comes to worst, a trip to the local Balti house for a madras and a few Cobra beers.

• Like 2

Like Haydn said, it depends n the girl.

The worst gifts I ever received were a teddy bear from an ex who I finished with 6 weeks before V Day which sang 'Love Me Tender' when you pressed his foot. He sent it to my work.

Flowers at work, the guy already knew I didn't like receiving flowers and I don't like things being sent to my work. I had asked him not to do anything like that and a simple card is enough for me - we had agreed to that - so I thought.

He had already sent a huge bouquet of flowers to work a few weeks before which were too big for me to even carry home.

Things that melted my heart were personal to me and the guy had put thought into them rather than go cheesy or commercial. :)

If you want to go cheesy though then flowers, chocolates and teddy bears are probably it. Just hope that she is into those things.

• Like 1

I guess some are right. dont buy anything. no chocolate no teddy bear no flowers. just a dumb card and copy something from the internet and write that. easey peasey.

here:

Corny Love Quotes

yea cuz a card takes a lot of creativity to write and takes so much effort. but flowers (that he has to go to the store to buy) and dinner (to make reservations also) that costs a lot and the guy has to bust his ass in work to pay those things is not an issue. makes sense.

sheesh-some women.

Edited by rocketman122

personally, im the red roses dinner guy. it works its classic and you get laid.

Hahah, yeah, that's what my guy does, and it works like a charm. It really does depend on the girl though - I like nice dinners and flowers, so it's all good :laugh:. But OP should try and figure his own lady out first.

• Like 1

Gemma, the Teddy bear sounds truly awful. (They'd sold out last year, damn)

I've received some very inventive gifts from girl's over the years. A Jamie Oliver book was a definite hint to rethink my culinary prowess.

Gemma, the Teddy bear sounds truly awful. (They'd sold out last year, damn)

I've received some very inventive gifts from girl's over the years. A Jamie Oliver book was a definite hint to rethink my culinary prowess.

Yes..it was truly awful! Really tacky.

Being delivered to work meant everyone swarmed around me when I opened it too. Then I had no clue who it had come from which didn't help either as I wasn't in any contact with my ex. I only found out it was him the next day.

The bear went in my desk drawer only to be hauled out by my then supervisor every time I left my desk.

I like your idea of a curry..no cobra for me but wine - perfect!

When I was in my LTR my guy had the chance t go and see a band he absolutely loved on V Day. I had no issue with that but they it was a band I didn't like so he went with some of his mates.

On the day it turned out 2 of my male work colleagues (both married and they were also very good friends with me and my bf) were in town and they decided to go for a curry together that night. They found out I was to be home alone so they invited me to go along.

It was a lovely night, they treated me way over the top like a queen (over the top, cheesy and hilarious :) ) and they both bought me a cheapo red rose from a rose seller.

Jamie Oliveoil....love it! :laugh:

• Like 2

If you are her 1st BF & this is your 1st V-day together, don't set the bar too high because you are the one who has to jump over it next year. Ha Ha.

Personally I hate roses on V-Day. The bouquet that is $50 every other day of the year is $75 for this holiday.

How old you are is also a factor because money is an issue, no matter what you say. Last year my husband took me on a vacation. This year I told him I want a bracelet I saw a few days ago that costs $15.

Making a day of it will probably be your best bet. Get her little things all day if that's an option. Mix the clichés in with stuff that is personal to her. The cliché's include

1 red rose (see above about the costs of a dozen)

if you want more than one perhaps a bouquet of 1 red, 1 white & 1 pink,

include info about the meaning of each color

a teddy bear or stuffed heart

a small heart shaped box of chocolate

a box of those silly candies that say Be Mine etc

a Valentine's day card or several little kid Valentines

When you see her, you can give her a bigger gift -- pink / red clothes, jewelry if it won't freak her out, etc, then have dinner

will be much appreciated if any of you guys can share your experiences on melting a girls heart. i am looking for something really cringeworthy to do for her for her first valentine (im her first bf)

money is not a big issue, nor is treating her too nice (as i didnt get anything for her birthday and regularly treat her mean, LOL). this is my one day to really spoil her.

if you guys could provide some ideas that will be great. if not, it would be nice if you could share what the sweetest thing your SO has done for you is (and most memorable)

thank you!

So, you didnt get her anything for her birthday and regularly treat her mean and you think a bunch of flowers or some stuffed toy will put all that right.

How about treating her right the other 364 days. THAT should help her heart melt .

• Like 2